MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the closest any witness said was 7' from OW to MB. I really don't put much stock in witnesses giving distances. Some people have no idea about distance. One witness even said 1 cm in response to a reporter about something. I don't recall what the question was.

What happened when Michael Brown met Officer Darren Wilson

updated 5:00 PM ET, Tue Aug 26, 2014
By Rachel Clarke and Christopher Lett, CNN

What law officials and a Wilson family friend say

11 a.m. to Noon, Saturday August 9

Officer Darren Wilson responds to a call of a sick person.

At the store. 11:51 a.m. Saturday August 9

Someone at Ferguson Market and Liquor, a convenience store at 9101 W. Florissant Avenue, places a 911 call.

The next minute a dispatcher gives a description of a suspect over radio. A different officer arrives at the store where the alleged strong-arm robbery occurred.

The dispatcher relays information from a witness that the suspect is walking toward the QuikTrip at 9420 W. Florissant Ave.

On Canfield Drive, First Encounter

Wilson leaves the scene of the sick call and encounters Michael Brown and Dorian Johnson on Canfield Drive.

"Josie," a purported friend of the family, relays what she says Wilson's "significant other" told her about what he said happened next. The account matches what Wilson has told investigators, a source tells CNN.

Josie: "They were walking in the middle of the street. He rolled his window down and said, 'Come on guys. Get out of the street.' They refused to and were yelling back, saying we're almost where we're going and there was some cussing involved."

Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson also said Wilson approached Brown because he was "walking down the middle of the street, blocking traffic."

Tussle, first shot

Josie: "So he goes in reverse back to them. He tries to get out of his car. They slam his door shut violently. I think he said Michael [Brown] did. Then he opens his car again and tries to get out and as he stands up Michael just bum rushes him, and just shoves him back into his car, punches him in the face and then of course Darren grabs for his gun and Michael grabs the gun. At one point he's got the gun totally turned against his hip and then he shoves it away and the gun goes off."

"The genesis of this was a physical confrontation," St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said.

Wilson tries to exit his vehicle but Brown pushes him back into the car, according to the preliminary investigation, Belmar said.

Brown physically assaults the police officer and there is a struggle over the officer's gun, Belmar said.

A shot is fired inside the police car.

Brown runs, then turns

Josie: "Michael takes off with his friend. They get to be about 35 feet away and Darren [Wilson], of course protocol is to pursue. So he stands up and yells, ‘Freeze!' Michael and his friend turn around and Michael starts taunting him. ‘Oh, what are you going to do about it? You're not gonna shoot me.'

Josie: "And then he said all of a sudden [Michael] just started to bum rush him. He just started coming at him full speed so [Wilson] he just started shooting and he just kept coming. So [Wilson] really thinks [Brown] was on something because he just kept coming. It was unbelievable. And then so he finally ended up, the final shot was in the forehead and then he fell about 2, 3 feet in front of the officer."

Jackson, Ferguson police chief, said Wilson was taken to a local hospital and treated for a swollen face.

At least six bullets hit Michael Brown, including a fatal shot to the head, the family's autopsy shows.

One bullet entered the top of Brown's head.

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2014/08/us/ferguson-brown-timeline/

BBM

LE are professionals, making a good salary and who have been trained for the job. This training should include cultural awareness and communication issues.

http://www.ncpc.org/topics/hate-crim...ural-awareness

http://www.cjimagazine.com/archives/cjif5dd.html?id=634

http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/m...ssue_id=122004

http://web.stcloudstate.edu/smhennes... ARTICLE.pdf

I still see nothing wrong with the scenario previously discussed.
Call me dense if ya must...but the bumper sticker didn't say, "proud to be human"

Personally, I find it fascinating how I can experience the same situations and not view it as offensive or racially or culturally insensitive.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the closest any witness said was 7' from OW to MB. I really don't put much stock in witnesses giving distances. Some people have no idea about distance. One witness even said 1 cm in response to a reporter about something. I don't recall what the question was.

I'm
Awful at it. I'm strictly a "from x to x" and I point out objects for reference.

My post on this thread has nothing to do anything on the previous thread. My post here was made after researching several different places concerning training of LE. They are professionals, they are trained to be LE and their training should be thorough and comprehensive. They must learn when to use force and when not to use force. Here are my sources, again, that bolster my opinion.

http://www.ncpc.org/topics/hate-crim...ural-awareness

http://www.cjimagazine.com/archives/cjif5dd.html?id=634

http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/m...ssue_id=122004

http://web.stcloudstate.edu/smhennes... ARTICLE.pdf

I still see nothing wrong with the scenario previously discussed.
Call me dense if ya must...but the bumper sticker didn't say, "proud to be human"

Personally, I find it fascinating how I can experience the same situations and not view it as offensive or racially or culturally insensitive.

All IMO

OK-I've been seeing a photo going around in FB (and a couple of other places) that supposedly a photo of OW in the hospital. I personally do NOT think it is him, unless it is a very old photo (he's got a full head of dark brown hair.) Anyone else been seeing this making the rounds? Kind of reminds me of the photo of the kid with the money wad and the gun that WAS NOT MB.

I don't have a link but early on I believe the Chief said MB was within 20 foot of OW when OW fired his weapon. MB was 35 foot from the cruiser. DJ stated there were three cars parked at the curb and he ran behind the first one and MB kept running. I believe DJ said MB stopped at the third car. The average car is 15+ foot long and they probably were not bumper-to-bumper. Now I know if this were available you all would have had it up by now so if you find it, please post it for us to figure out. Thanks, Lambchop

130 ft from the closest point of Wilson's SUV to the closest point on Mike's body.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...1s0x87df498852b6aead:0xd8ea0c838dc779f4?hl=en

If you right click on the map, it gives you the option to measure distance. Start with a click in the middle of the street even with the storm drain to left of entry into parking lot and click the other spot in middle of road even with the left edge of the right stairwell of building with red balloon. Those two spots will be roughly the location of the body and SUV depicted in all photos and videos.

Might be needed. That's what was reported and that's where the reference comes from. See my above post for a fuller explanation of what I mean when I say 35 feet.

The evidence standard on this distance thing seems to be far lower than it has been regarding the witnesses and Shahid. <--- Fair statement? As an aside, my only discernible feeling is hurt that you trust the media and Balmer more than me! :D

I don't know that it means anything whatsoever, but figured I'd pass it along for whatever it's worth. Talked to a lady today who has a son in the national guard. According to her, while they were recalled by the Governor, she said they were re-deployed to Ferguson. Anyone else hear this?

The evidence standard on this distance thing seems to be far lower than it has been regarding the witnesses and Shahid. <--- Fair statement? As an aside, my only discernible feeling is hurt that you trust the media and Balmer more than me! :D

I would be more than happy to say 130 feet from now on. I'd give you a smiley thingy but it's just disappearing whenever I click on it. Or 100 of them will show up when I hit post. Anyways, in all seriousness, I only use the feet because it's easier to type than "At The Point At Which MB Apparently Stopped And Turned Toward OW."

Soooooo, 130 feet it shall be until something more definitive comes out.

ETA - And the evidence standard isn't lower on the distances. The actual distances will come out with time, just as all of the witness statements will. Maybe I will use an acronym and confuse everyone. ATPAWMASATTO. I just confused myself. lol

Katydid23 wrote:

I am a middle class white bread woman and I have been stopped for speeding and been asked 'nosey' questions as well.

LOL. When I was driving through rural Mississippi with my teenage niece (we are both white) we got pulled over for "no apparent reason" and the cop asked a bunch of questions like "Where are you going?" "Why are you going to Atlanta?" "What are you going to do there? Do you have a job??" etc...

He said he pulled us over because he thought my niece wasn't wearing her seatbelt, he didn't give me a ticket (the real reason was most certainly our CA plates, he was bored and curious).

Point is if I were NOT White it would be one of those obvious cases of "racial profiling by a racist small town Southern cop" etc..."

OK-I've been seeing a photo going around in FB (and a couple of other places) that supposedly a photo of OW in the hospital. I personally do NOT think it is him, unless it is a very old photo (he's got a full head of dark brown hair.) Anyone else been seeing this making the rounds? Kind of reminds me of the photo of the kid with the money wad and the gun that WAS NOT MB.
Is there a touch of gray hair in there? If so I did a google search and the pic dates back to a guys biking accident in 2011.

http://s45.photobucket.com/user/RetSignman/media/IMG_0504_zps4cdd65d9.jpg.html

Is there a touch of gray hair in there? If so I did a google search and the pic dates back to a guys biking accident in 2011.

LOL - nope! The guy in the photo has no grey and actually looks quite younger than OW. Not sure where all these crazy pictures are coming from! Really irritating, as I am convinced the one I'm looking at isn't OW.

The only reason I'm sharing is because I am fairly confident that any hospital photos of OW's injuries are probably under lock and key, so to see any out there hardly sees believable.

maybe it was when Piaget answered Anderson Cooper, when asked if MB rushed the officer. She said [ paraphrasing] ' no, he never rushed him but he might have taken a step ONE CENTIMETER towards him before he was shot down...'

LOL - nope! The guy in the photo has no grey and actually looks quite younger than OW. Not sure where all these crazy pictures are coming from! Really irritating, as I am convinced the one I'm looking at isn't OW.

The only reason I'm sharing is because I am fairly confident that any hospital photos of OW's injuries are probably under lock and key, so to see any out there hardly sees believable.

I pretty sure you and I have viewed the same photo,(young guy dark hair taken in what is probably the ER) I also share your disbelief in authenticity.

OMG. True story. I got pulled over in rural Tennessee, with California plates and a UC Berkeley sticker, and was taken to the police station and interrogated about whether I was PATTY HEARST or not. I looked just like her and she was still missing. lol Even had the same haircut. lol

LOL. When I was driving through rural Mississippi with my teenage niece (we are both white) we got pulled over for "no apparent reason" and the cop asked a bunch of questions like "Where are you going?" "Why are you going to Atlanta?" "What are you going to do there? Do you have a job??" etc...

He said he pulled us over because he thought my niece wasn't wearing her seatbelt, he didn't give me a ticket (the real reason was most certainly our CA plates, he was bored and curious).

Point is if I were NOT White it would be one of those obvious cases of "racial profiling by a racist small town Southern cop" etc..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia