MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The deflection, by way of insisting there were no "major" convictions, basically confirms that there is a record of some sort.

News organizations sue for access to possible Michael Brown juvenile records

The lawsuit by Charles C. Johnson of Fresno, California, cites a 1984 Missouri Court of Appeals ruling in which the juvenile records of an 18-year-old who was killed while shoplifting at a supermarket were released as part of a wrongful death lawsuit.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/0...ael-brown-juvenile-records/?intcmp=latestnews

I believe any time a family or their representatives are eliciting money and funds from the public and leading them to believe this an "innocent" victim and representing their background in such an innocent way (which the family opened that door) that the records should be public. When hundreds of thousands of dollars are collected under this guise the public has a right to know. Not to mention the community unrest including riots, looting and property damage in the millions.

JMO's

Including Wilson's then?

Personally, at this point, knowing there are no serious felonies, I've lost any interest. Seems at this point it is just digging up dirt for the sake of digging up dirt, not because it's relevant.

The deflection, by way of insisting there were no "major" convictions, basically confirms that there is a record of some sort.

How's it a deflection? At this point, without a judge ruling otherwise, that's all that can be said. It also debunks whoever was stupid enough to put out there claims of a 2nd degree murder conviction in his juvenile record.

Well, this is really "non-news" news, lol! Of course he was not convicted of any A or B felonies-- that's not news.

This is as silly and illogical as making an announcement that:

MB was "NOT in prison at the time of his death." (Yes, we know that, too.)

Clearly he does have a juvenile record, IMO. They're engaging in gymnastics again-- verbal gymnastics.

Again, IMO, it's relevant ONLY if OW is charged and indicted. No indictment or charges, and to me, it doesn't matter.

What was the court officer looking at which s/he said showed no A,B,C felonies? If it was a court record of MB's, how does that jibe with his mom's contention he'd never been in trouble with the law?

Dear Websleuths Members,

Please keep on topic.

This is about "Grief and protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown".

No more comments that are not directly related to this topic.

It is an easy rule to follow. Please be more careful.

Thank you,
Tricia

How's it a deflection? At this point, without a judge ruling otherwise, that's all that can be said. It also debunks whoever was stupid enough to put out there claims of a 2nd degree murder conviction in his juvenile record.

BBM.

I'd have to go back and look at the exact wording, but IIRC, the allegation was never made that MB was CONVICTED of 2nd degree murder-- just "involved with." That could mean a lot of things-- withholding info, accessory after the fact, etc.

I also note that their is no denial of misdemeanor convictions. FWIW, and probably not much, unless it's relevant.

What was the court officer looking at which s/he said showed no A,B,C felonies? If it was a court record of MB's, how does that jibe with his mom's contention he'd never been in trouble with the law?

It could have been anything. Going automated, typically they're not looking at a court record, they are plugging in a name and maybe a date of birth. The computer pulls up whatever it pulls up. It could be that it pulled up nothing, which would make no A, B or C felonies accurate. Or it could have pulled up other stuff, none of which were A, B or C felonies, making the statement accurate yet again. Just no way to tell at this point either way from this statement.

My guess is that there is some sort of record and it's probably pretty meaningless as far as this case goes. BUT that's just a guess.

Tricia, I'm confused-- respectfully, are you asking us to stop talking about the juvenile records, hearing, etc?

BBM.

I'd have to go back and look at the exact wording, but IIRC, the allegation was never made that MB was CONVICTED of 2nd degree murder-- just "involved with." That could mean a lot of things-- withholding info, accessory after the fact, etc.

I also note that their is no denial of misdemeanor convictions. FWIW, and probably not much, unless it's relevant.

I'll take your word for it. It wasn't a serious felony so it's not that big of a deal. Still pretty irresponsible journalism if you ask me, if you want to even call it that. Just irresponsibility on both sides.

Not saying it's the case with Johnson, but this case has really opened my eyes to the problem of anyone with a twitter account and blog holding themselves out to be a journalist. AND that goes for both sides.

Tricia, I'm confused-- respectfully, are you asking us to stop talking about the juvenile records, hearing, etc?

When I don't know what it's referring to, I always assume I said something wrong and it was deleted. :lol:

Has anyone seen Officer Wilson's photo in the hospital? I can't get images to upload.

Checking the validity.

No verification. 2:30EST

Craig Cheatham @CheathamKMOV · 14m

.@DevinJamesGroup hired by city of #Ferguson to help with PR. DJP is minority-owned firm based in Memphis with field office in St. Louis.

Craig Cheatham @CheathamKMOV · 9m

.@DevinJamesGroup, minority-owned firm, will "develop a community engagement plan and strategy" for city of #Ferguson.

Craig Cheatham @CheathamKMOV
· 2m

City of #Ferguson hired a 2nd PR firm that is not minority-owned. Common Ground PR handles media requests and will "monitor media coverage."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obamna