MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldie Taylor ‏@goldietaylor 20m
There were no "riots" in #Ferguson last night. Words have meaning. Learn them.

:silenced:

Charles C. Johnson ‏@ChuckCJohnson 9s
During #Ferguson riots police officer had his ankle broken in 2 places by brick hurled by rioters.

Charles C. Johnson @ChuckCJohnson · 1m
#Ferguson rioter arrested riding a bicycle stealing a gun from Wal-Mart last night. Stopped by police...

Yep, no riots, rioting, or rioters...just another evening in Paradise. (I need to borrow some of bettybaby's rolling eyes).

Just saw a photo of that poor old white dude, surrounded and screamed at.
Where's law enforcement?
View attachment 59839

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, I watched a good part of that and he wanted to tell them he did not feel it was right to carry the flag upside down. The lady with the red ball cap was talking to him and it sounds as if she was explaining that she understood how he felt. I could not get it all but she seemed to sympathize with him and was explaining something to him. Could have been that it was not illegal and that they were doing it because they were protesting. Anyway he was never threatened in any way that I could see. They were yelling but not at him just doing their chant and the woman and a man who seemed to be in charge were talking to him. When he walked away he seemed okay with it. Maybe not but he did not appear mad. He just wanted to have his say. But the picture is deceiving.

To be fair, I watched a good part of that and he wanted to tell them he did not feel it was right to carry the flag upside down. The lady with the red ball cap was talking to him and it sounds as if she was explaining that she understood how he felt. I could not get it all but she seemed to sympathize with him and was explaining something to him. Could have been that it was not illegal and that they were doing it because they were protesting. Anyway he was never threatened in any way that I could see. They were yelling but not at him just doing their chant and the woman and a man who seemed to be in charge were talking to him. When he walked away he seemed okay with it. Maybe not but he did not appear mad. He just wanted to have his say. But the picture is deceiving.

Thank you, context is everything

So the DOJ meeting seems to be history for the live streamers. I guess they are heading for the 'peaceful' protests now?

they sure do care about their community :laugh:

I think they made it clear they were there to hear complaints so I guess half of them left because they had no issues.

Hopefully they do not go home and complain that the DOJ would not hear them out.

More than half of the people there left when they were told that DOJ could not answer any questions about indicting Darren Wilson. Think about that, more than half. They have a room full of people from the DOJ to listen to them and help them with their problems and more then half left :facepalm:

I'm convinced that there isn't anything anyone can do that will make these people happy.

I think they made it clear they were there to hear complaints so I guess half of them left because they had no issues.

Hopefully they do not go home and complain that the DOJ would not hear them out.

I am sure anyone with complaints is going to go personally to speak to the DOJ and aren't going to broadcast it at a meeting.

More than half of the people there left when they were told that DOJ could not answer any questions about indicting Darren Wilson. Think about that, more than half. They have a room full of people from the DOJ to listen to them and help them with their problems and more then half left :facepalm:

I'm convinced that there isn't anything anyone can do that will make these people happy.

For some of them you are right. For all of the others, I am glad DOJ is there.

Tweets that the DOJ wouldn't hear them out in 3 2 1....

lol sorry Lambchop, I'm in a silly mood tonight.

Did anyone tell thses DOJ employees any horrible stories of being abused by FPD?

Just judging by the weakness of the complaints we've heard dramatized so far, along with the DOJ inquiries that seem like desperate scraping of the bottom of the barrel...

Doesn't sound like they have been able to come up with much, does it? :thinking:

:trophy: To the brave AA gentleman who stood up and gave it to them straight. :star:

Thank you, context is everything

I know. They could have picked a better picture. One of the lady with the red cap talking to him would have been good because it appears she was trying to console him. That picture of her does no justice to her because she looks like she is mad. She appeared to be very much in control of herself. I did not think those protestors were that bad, annoying to those around them, but they pretty much behaved themselves and that is remarkable.

Also, it is a good thing to see these protestors live because you do get a sense of what they are about. Some you can tell are not trouble makers and others are looking for trouble. Shows the world what police really have to deal with on a daily basis. I'm sure the trouble makers are like this all the time, very disrespectful. jmo

So let me get this straight. The almighty and powerful Eric Holder sent a group of hand picked investigators from the DOJ to Ferguson to investigate corruption in the FPD and all these people care about is DW. It is a fixation. At this point, nothing else matters. They feel that they MUST get an arrest and conviction of DW or all is lost. They are there to listen. Hey, at least the maxi pad woman said SOMETHING!!! All we keep hearing about is corruption in the FPD and all we've learned so far is that DW shot an innocent kid, the police burned down the MB teddy bear pile and officers have the nerve to wear I am DW bracelets." Oh, and fees and fines for unpaid traffic tickets and cops won't wear name badges. Of all people, these folks should understand what a brotherhood is. GMAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicamcolon