MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We saw in surveillance camera, two individuals come up and pour gasoline down," said General Manager Steve Doerr. Authorities put out a fire in a trash can before it could spread.

At Ferguson Super Service, a tow company, the owner said somebody threw three Molotov cocktails made out of liquor bottles and beer bottles through a window. The cocktails never did go off but they did damage a car and the owner dsif this is the fifth time his place has been vandalized since Michael Brown was shot.

Michael Brown's mother...tells Newschannel 5 she believes the fire was set intentionally
http://www.ksdk.com/story/local/2014/01/01/16175387/?storyid=16175387

End of video shows surveillance tape of looters in Beauty Town. I hope the resident trying to help looted businesses isn't targeted.

:confused:

He's not talking about the memorial is he? Not that I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentionally set.

I submit there is a big difference in the bombing in Boston & the death of MB in Ferguson.

And, I believe you'll find the whole block in Boston was barricaded because of the danger of the damaged buildings. The memorial was large but out of the way of traffic. And I bet there was no cheap wine or cough medicine or rolling papers left in tribute at the Boston site.

I posted even more as people find one reason or another to distinguish them from MB's case. I can keep posting them if you like. Bottom line is, a memorial in the middle of the street is the least of concerns in Ferguson currently.

I don't believe he satisfied anyone with that apology. I believe he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut and maintaining whatever dignity he had left after the way things went down. I'm wondering if "someone" thought it would be a good idea for him to do. He didn't look happy to me.

:cow:

I think he was requested to make the apology but I also think it means he's keeping his job. The unruly mob has been demanding his resignation.

JMO

I posted even more as people find one reason or another to distinguish them from MB's case. I can keep posting them if you like. Bottom line is, a memorial in the middle of the street is the least of concerns in Ferguson currently.

You're right. The biggest concern in Ferguson right now are the terrorist that want to cause harm to anyone and everyone that doesn't believe like they do. Once all of them are arrested and off the streets then things will calm down and the good people can try to make their city better. Unfortunately that can't happen as long as the thugs, terrorists and others with an agenda are allowed to create havoc and fear for everyone else.

MOO

Officers on the ground depend upon the one perched above them to return fire should someone be shot, the chief explained. He said he had an obligation to protect his officers from harm as best he could.

He said he instructed tactical units to remain off site the first night of rioting, until commanders at the scene reported that officers were encountering gunfire and being targeted by rocks, cinder blocks and Molotov cocktails.

“We responded to gunfire with tear gas,” Belmar said. “Regardless of the optics on tear gas, it prevented us from having to take a life or having one of ours taken.”

He said his officers used only tear gas, pepper balls that emit pepper-spray-like powder when they strike, and sting balls, which deliver bright flashes and rubber pellets to cause disorientation.

Board member Laurie Westfall asked why police stood by at one point, after the Missouri Highway Patrol had assumed command of the operation, and watched as businesses were looted.

Belmar said the initial thinking was that property wasn’t worth a violent confrontation.

But, he added, “We understood after that evening that’s not sustainable. You can’t have 200 police officers who have taken an oath stand in a line and watch that happen.. ... These are minority-owned businesses. We cannot afford to sit back. Protecting property is part of this, too.”

Tactics then began to change, Belmar said. Arrests increased. Officers donned riot gear.

Belmar said police made about 200 arrests in just one night. He said his officers logged $2.4 million in overtime and county police vehicles suffered more than $100,000 in damage.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_4a37ed8f-5654-544f-862b-16dcdca2cfa9.html

Really good article on Belmar and it sounds like they are learning from the experience as well. Good to hear. Again, without having to admit anything was done wrong, was able to acknowledge that they are also looking at doing things better in the future.

You're right. The biggest concern in Ferguson right now are the terrorist that want to cause harm to anyone and everyone that doesn't believe like they do. Once all of them are arrested and off the streets then things will calm down and the good people can try to make their city better. Unfortunately that can't happen as long as the thugs, terrorists and others with an agenda are allowed to create havoc and fear for everyone else.

MOO

Arresting the thugs is certainly one of the concerns. There are other concerns as well and it sounds like steps are being taken on all fronts lately.

Sad to Mr.Holder go hope we have someone else who cares this much about civil rights

I'm just not seeing any civil rights issue with this particular case. I also don't see it as a race issue.
IMO it's tragic it's become one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We saw in surveillance camera, two individuals come up and pour gasoline down," said General Manager Steve Doerr. Authorities put out a fire in a trash can before it could spread.

At Ferguson Super Service, a tow company, the owner said somebody threw three Molotov cocktails made out of liquor bottles and beer bottles through a window. The cocktails never did go off but they did damage a car and the owner dsif this is the fifth time his place has been vandalized since Michael Brown was shot.

Michael Brown's mother...tells Newschannel 5 she believes the fire was set intentionally

End of video shows surveillance tape of looters in Beauty Town. I hope the resident trying to help looted businesses isn't targeted.

Ah...Mike Browns mother....sitting on fingers...

I'm just not seeing any civil rights issue with this particular case. I also don't see it as a race issue.
IMO it's tragic it's become one.

As to this specific shooting, haven't heard anything substantive enough to say it's race related IMO. Is their a race issue or civil rights issue in the bigger picture? I have no doubt in my mind what so ever.

Every single person I know and spoke with stood beside in spirit with Trayvon Martins mom and against GZ.
There was meaningful dialog, conversation, compassion and support.
His mother's pain and class inspired and awed many and was respected.

Mike Browns parents are helping to create more problem than imaginable. Instead of begging for peace...she's actively inciting violence. She forgets SHE BEGGED for the crowd to move back so her son could be removed from the street....

All IMO

MOO

Subsidized housing has always been a magnet for thugs and a high concentration of it in such a small area is a recipe for disaster. I'm surprised Ferguson hasn't addressed it with the owner of the apartment complexes but I believe the feds certainly will. It sounds like there are a lot of unemployed, able-bodied men living in those apartments.

JMO

I read somewhere that unemployed males keep their belongings in portable containers outside closets and easily removed if Section 8 "inspectors" come calling.

I'm sure they do. Which is why "inspectors" will sit outside for a few hours to see who comes and goes. There has been a huge crackdown on fraud by the feds and by states. It's the first thing I thought of when I heard Brown lived with his grandmother. I'm betting she didn't have him listed in her household because all have been very vague about where Mr. Brown resided.

JMO

There it is!

@MariaChappelleN
My dad was a Black Panther back in the day. He gifted me with his Black Power fist that weighs a ton. His friends say I remind them of him.
11:59am - 25 Sep 14
https://twitter.com/MariaChappelleN/status/515183841204391936

BREAKING: New Black Panther Party has placed bounties on Ferguson Chief of Police. Police are protecting him... #Ferguson

BREAKING: Police officer confirms MO state senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal instigated riot in #Ferguson... Developing...

St. Louis police officer: "We're doing round the clock protection of Chief Jackson" at his home. #Ferguson

BREAKING: Police officers confirm that New Black Panthers have "been handing out rifles to kill cops" once Wilson is acquitted. #Ferguson

Police officer: Canfield apartments were #MichaelBrown was shot is a known Bloods, New Black Panther area. #Ferguson

Putting it together for those who didn't see journalist Charles C Johnson's tweets from police source linked earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy