MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: New Black Panther Party has placed bounties on Ferguson Chief of Police. Police are protecting him... #Ferguson

BREAKING: Police officer confirms MO state senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal instigated riot in #Ferguson... Developing...

St. Louis police officer: "We're doing round the clock protection of Chief Jackson" at his home. #Ferguson

BREAKING: Police officers confirm that New Black Panthers have "been handing out rifles to kill cops" once Wilson is acquitted. #Ferguson

Police officer: Canfield apartments were #MichaelBrown was shot is a known Bloods, New Black Panther area. #Ferguson

Putting it together for those who didn't see journalist Charles C Johnson's tweets from police source linked earlier.

Sounds like a whole lot of utter b s to me.

Where are they getting the money to "give away" rifles? And who on earth would believe they would actually pay out on a bounty? They tried the bounty thing before (in the Z case if I recall) and NOTHING happened. Much easier to target the closest store or bash a nearby vehicle.

Probably preparing for the next Supreme Court opening.

That's my first thought, too - could they get Holder confirmed before the midterm elections make the new ratio of D-R impossible? :dunno:

I'm not sure announcing his resignation today means he can get out of the way before the Ferguson Grand Jury announces, though.

Who knows what kind of agreements and compromises are being made between all the parties involved.

Damage control is paramount.
Whether it's mitigating damage to themselves or to the community.

That's another reason why I think the evidence in support of Wilson must be inescapable. Unless there are more altruistic people in control than I thought, he'd have been thrown under the bus to save everyone the trouble.

BREAKING: New Black Panther Party has placed bounties on Ferguson Chief of Police. Police are protecting him... #Ferguson

BREAKING: Police officer confirms MO state senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal instigated riot in #Ferguson... Developing...

St. Louis police officer: "We're doing round the clock protection of Chief Jackson" at his home. #Ferguson

BREAKING: Police officers confirm that New Black Panthers have "been handing out rifles to kill cops" once Wilson is acquitted. #Ferguson

Police officer: Canfield apartments were #MichaelBrown was shot is a known Bloods, New Black Panther area. #Ferguson

Putting it together for those who didn't see journalist Charles C Johnson's tweets from police source linked earlier.

It wouldn't surprise me if the other state senators take some kind of action against Ms Chappelle-Nadal. She is, after all, paid by taxpayers to do a job that doesn't include inciting riots that cost taxpayers money. I agree with the senator who said she is mentally unstable.

JMO

A hunger strike?

I'm in a puddle of giggles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...that'll fix 'em....those no good....wait...isn't that like biting off your nose to spite your face?

The families of an unarmed black teenager and an unarmed black man who were killed recently by white police officers joined civil rights leaders Thursday in Washington to call for the U.S. Department of Justice to take over investigations into the cases and bring swift indictments against the officers involved in the deaths.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...71960a-44ce-11e4-b47c-f5889e061e5f_story.html

Anyone think the family will issue an apology for Michael's crimes and Officer Wilson's injuries that day?

A struggle over a cop’s gun led to Saturday’s lethal shooting of an unarmed black teenager in suburban St. Louis, officials claimed Sunday in Missouri.

But the mother of 18-year-old Michael Brown did not accept the official version of the killing of her son — and said the officer who fired the deadly shots deserved the ultimate punishment.

“I would like to see him go to jail with the death penalty,” a grieving Lesley McSpadden said Sunday.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...fatal-shooting-unarmed-teen-article-1.1898637

But, don't celebrate too soon. Just saw a reporter on CNN saying that he thinks that Holder may resign and then spend his time working in place 'like Ferguson', reforming police departments. How is he going to do that as a private citizen?

Community organizer.

Comments per NPR reporter at Press Club:

Sharpton on #Ferguson police choef's apology "a little insensitive" and "too little, too late"
https://twitter.com/amrutatrivedi/status/515160988942098432

Marc Morial: "our fight has never been for an apology. The fact that apology was made while we are in DC is a PR stunt"
https://twitter.com/amrutatrivedi/status/515161235831394304

:) These and all the other whiners show why it was a smart thing to do, no matter how much it grates on us.

It IS about PR. And PR is what you need when you need to de-escalate to reduce the potential nightmare for communities and individuals.

You need to win friends and influence people. Trust.

And the best part is that in that process, your opposition comes out and exposes to every thinking person just how utterly unreasonable.

So your opponent loses credibility, and thus support, and they and the rioters are marginalized.

It hurts me to read it too. But taken in context with the goal and the timing, I trust him.

Remember too that Jackson is also a hostage negotiator. FBI grad. I'm sure he didn't like the script, but I think he gets the big picture:

Justice for Officer Wilson while defusing the riots as much as possible.

I've been pretty busy today and unable to comment, but have been watching the news a little bit and saw the Eric Holder resignation. My 2 cents is that his resignation has nothing to do with Ferguson. If it is even in his thoughts at all, it is likely down around the #20 mark. He's got a whole lot of other stuff way higher up the chain that he is dealing with that would likely take precedent...Benghazi, IRS Scandal, Gun scandal, etc...the list goes on and on. I don't really now what his motivations are, but I don't believe they have any real connection with MB or Ferguson.

That's my first thought, too - could they get Holder confirmed before the midterm elections make the new ratio of D-R impossible? :dunno:

I'm not sure announcing his resignation today means he can get out of the way before the Ferguson Grand Jury announces, though.

Who knows what kind of agreements and compromises are being made between all the parties involved.

Damage control is paramount.
Whether it's mitigating damage to themselves or to the community.

That's another reason why I think the evidence in support of Wilson must be inescapable. Unless there are more altruistic people in control than I thought, he'd have been thrown under the bus to save everyone the trouble.

BBM
This.

Don't know. If we don't like those, I can keep posting pictures of memorials in the street. None of them stay forever. Eventually MB's will be removed too. Or, maybe to make everyone happy, what they can do is build an actual stone or statue memorial in the middle of the street and then widen the road just a bit so the lanes of traffic go on either side. Kind of like this:

View attachment 59874

How about just moving the memorial to the side of the street and keeping the contents fresh and nice looking? Why must it be in the street? I mean, I see wreath memorials along highways all the time...off to the side...that mark where someone was killed. Those folks don't insist that since dear daughter/son/mother/uncle/dad/dog died in the middle of the highway that the memorial be kept in the middle of the highway.

How about just moving the memorial to the side of the street and keeping the contents fresh and nice looking? Why must it be in the street? I mean, I see wreath memorials along highways all the time...off to the side...that mark where someone was killed. Those folks don't insist that since dear daughter/son/mother/uncle/dad/dog died in the middle of the highway that the memorial be kept in the middle of the highway.

Gee, there's that darn logic again!

How about just moving the memorial to the side of the street and keeping the contents fresh and nice looking? Why must it be in the street?

It reminds me of the boll weevil monument in Enterprise, Ala., which is "a tribute to how something disastrous can be a catalyst for change." Well, except for the catalyst for change part. I have my doubt about that.

The boll weevil monument is in the middle of a roundabout intersection. It pays tribute to the boll weevil, which destroyed the farmers' cotton crops.

It's all a process and I think you're right. There are signs that the community has had enough of the criminal activity.

The night of the Tuesday riot, right before it happened some residents of Canfield Apt hit the memorial that was in the middle of the road.

Re: middle of the road memorial.

If I did that in front of my house, on the yellow line of a thoroughfare, very similar to the Canfield road, I would be slapped with a fine for .....wait for it...........................LITTERING. I could apply for a permit but would get a NO because 1) it's a traffic hazard 2) it's hazardous for children (who'd want to be in the street checking out all those teddy bears/signs/t-shirts/bottles/balloons ect) and 3) it would impede emergency vehicles. This comes from an LEO who lives down our street. He said it would be perfectly fine to place a memorial on the side of the road as long as you have the ok from either the property owner or the city depending on the property but not covering the sidewalks. And, as long as it is kept up - absolutely no candles or any other combustibles.

MB died right in front of a street school buses use/d at Canfield Green. Saw video of a bus trying to make a sharp left onto Canfield without touching the "memorial" and it wasn't easy.

Yeah that seems right. A bus trying to take the children of Canfield Apt to school for an education has to risk their safety because of a memorial, to a dangerous man who committed strong armed robbery, assaulted a police officer and tried to take his weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate