MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Whether they wear blue jeans or blue uniforms, criminals must be held accountable," Sharpton said at a morning news conference.
http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/loca...son-apologizes-michael-brown-family/16202541/

Sadly ironic given the crimes Michael committed that day.

So, all police should now be investigated because they question the actions of one. I'm betting they'd vehemently disagree with the premise that all young black men should be investigated due to Michael's actions.

Seems some folks don't understand certain basic concepts such as what's good for the goose is good for the gander, tit for tat, and equal justice for all.

And...do those blue jean wearers include law-breaking "protestors," Mr. Sharpton?

“We feel that the apology comes at a time when the trust and the confidence in the chief has already reached an all-time and irreversible low,” attorney Anthony Gray said in a statement on behalf of the Brown family. “And it is nearly impossible to measure any reach of his apology at this time. Most observers, we believe, are already locked into their opinions about the handling of the shooting of this unarmed teen. Dynamite, much less an apology, will do little to move anyone off their opinions at this point.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hief-to-michael-browns-family-im-truly-sorry/

Can you say tongue in cheek? I still like the idea of a street artist painting a "mural" on the ground in that location.

:blushing: Will I EVER figure you out? :shame:

Probably not. It's all good, you keep me on my toes :peace:

Can you say tongue in cheek? I still like the idea of a street artist painting a "mural" on the ground in that location.

They already have one.

Spray painted on the side of the building was the message....

"If you aquit, the city burns. "

There might not have been a comma though.

A "mural" of what exactly? It isn't as if Brown was some guy that was killed while doing good deeds or something that should be honored and respected. So what kind of "mural" should be done?

MOO

Well, they could, um.................................. I got it, how about a, uh ................................................ you know, maybe a, err ..................

:nevermind:I got nothin'

Jackson said he is aware of calls for his ouster, but he's not going anywhere.
"I've talked to a lot of people who have initially called for that and then changed their mind after having meetings and discussions about moving forward," he told CNN. "Realistically, I'm going to stay here and see this through. This is mine, and I'm taking ownership of it."

Asked Thursday afternoon why the apology took so long, Jackson told CNN, "There's been so much going on, and every day there's a different challenge."

Watch the full interview with Police Chief Tom Jackson on "Anderson Cooper 360°" tonight at 9 p.m. ET. http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/us/ferguson-michael-brown-police-chief-apology/

“We feel that the apology comes at a time when the trust and the confidence in the chief has already reached an all-time and irreversible low,” attorney Anthony Gray said in a statement on behalf of the Brown family. “And it is nearly impossible to measure any reach of his apology at this time. Most observers, we believe, are already locked into their opinions about the handling of the shooting of this unarmed teen. Dynamite, much less an apology, will do little to move anyone off their opinions at this point.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hief-to-michael-browns-family-im-truly-sorry/

It never would have made a difference. The chief said publically he tried to call the family and they would not take his calls. It is getting close to the GJ decision so if he can win over some of the community that wanted to hear him apologize, it was worth it.

I have no problem with that eventually happening obviously. I just think of all the things to get worked up over, that memorial in that place is being anywhere near the top of the list is crazy. Frankly, I've got a dead racoon in our street that I wish they'd come get first.

lol I can dig it! Been there...

(Back in my Mississippi days, I actually saw a family standing over a dead possum in the middle of the road, trying to decide if it was still "fresh" enough to take home and cook up! Just how "fresh" is this racoon?! lol)

How about just moving the memorial to the side of the street and keeping the contents fresh and nice looking? Why must it be in the street? I mean, I see wreath memorials along highways all the time...off to the side...that mark where someone was killed. Those folks don't insist that since dear daughter/son/mother/uncle/dad/dog died in the middle of the highway that the memorial be kept in the middle of the highway.

STOP making sense!!! :p

I don't even have to get to the words he spews, but how can anyone take one look at him in his get up and take him serious?

Ain't it the truth?! Every dang time I see a photo of him in that police hat, "YMCA" starts playing in my head and stays there for hours!

And again...to all of you sending me best wishes and good thoughts....thanks so much! It means a lot! (I should have asked them to "unplug the YMCA" while they were messing around in my brain, eh?!)

BBM - There you have it right there. All locked in.

Bassem Masri@bassem_masri · 19s

#ActionAlert ton 8pm@ #Ferguson PD >>CandleLightVigil@FergusonPD8pm<<
>>CandleLightVigil@FergusonPD8pm<<
>>CandleLightVigil@FergusonPD8pm<< &#61777;ReplyReplied to 0 times
&#61778;

They already have one.

Spray painted on the side of the building was the message....

"If you aquit, the city burns. "

There might not have been a comma though.

Rolling at "comma"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KMART hit by looters during early days of #Ferguson riots will close Dec 7. About 100 work there. pic.twitter.com/5E3h5mFk8D
https://twitter.com/KMOXKilleen/status/515187071711850496

More tangible damage done to the community

Just sent a clarifying tweet

KMART says August looting had "no impact " on decision to close Dunn Rd store. "It was underperforming" pic.twitter.com/2H3UZlwNmm
https://twitter.com/KMOXKilleen/status/515242973429510144

Gee there's a good example how detrimental their actions are proving to be :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member