MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that seems right. A bus trying to take the children of Canfield Apt to school for an education has to risk their safety because of a memorial, to dangerous man who committed strong armed robbery, assaulted a police officer and tried to take his weapon.

Hey, you know, when you put it that way, it actually does seem fitting.

Hey, you know, when you put it that way, it actually does seem fitting.

Only if the true story is told to those kids about why the man was killed by LE. Unfortunately some of the kids are more than likely hearing the "other" version.

MOO

Don't know. If we don't like those, I can keep posting pictures of memorials in the street. None of them stay forever. Eventually MB's will be removed too. Or, maybe to make everyone happy, what they can do is build an actual stone or statue memorial in the middle of the street and then widen the road just a bit so the lanes of traffic go on either side. Kind of like this:

View attachment 59874

:hilarious: A stone/stature memorial in the middle of the road? To honor a man that broke several laws that day? And then go through the cost and inconvenience of widening the road to accomodate it?

Will the statue have a box of Swisher Sweets in one hand and a bottle of Nyquil in the other? :floorlaugh:

There is the brink of insanity and then there is the abyss

Send him through the police academy, give him a badge and a taser and drop him off in ferguson!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linda wins the interwebz today for this comment! :takeabow: :yourock: :party:

Ah, messing with a sports event is nothing. That's no reason to get upset.

Say whaaaaa???!!!!! Murfmifskickylumpit...don't be messin' with My Steelers ferkurragdagrump..."sports event is nothing" ekaalapffsnortgrrr!

How about just moving the memorial to the side of the street and keeping the contents fresh and nice looking? Why must it be in the street? I mean, I see wreath memorials along highways all the time...off to the side...that mark where someone was killed. Those folks don't insist that since dear daughter/son/mother/uncle/dad/dog died in the middle of the highway that the memorial be kept in the middle of the highway.

I have no problem with that eventually happening obviously. I just think of all the things to get worked up over, that memorial in that place is being anywhere near the top of the list is crazy. Frankly, I've got a dead racoon in our street that I wish they'd come get first.

I wrote you a nice, long post, but the magic dragon ate it. I believe his name was POOF.

At any rate, I can agree with some of the things you said.

Poof the Magic Dragon
:laughing:

(Wait...am I aging myself knowing this reference?!)

:hilarious: A stone/stature memorial in the middle of the road? To honor a man that broke several laws that day? And then go through the cost and inconvenience of widening the road to accomodate it?

Will the statue have a box of Swisher Sweets in one hand and a bottle of Nyquil in the other? :floorlaugh:

There is the brink of insanity and then there is the abyss

Can you say tongue in cheek? I still like the idea of a street artist painting a "mural" on the ground in that location.

Can you say tongue in cheek? I still like the idea of a street artist painting a "mural" on the ground in that location.

A "mural" of what exactly? It isn't as if Brown was some guy that was killed while doing good deeds or something that should be honored and respected. So what kind of "mural" should be done?

MOO

Every single person I know and spoke with stood beside in spirit with Trayvon Martins mom and against GZ.
There was meaningful dialog, conversation, compassion and support.
His mother's pain and class inspired and awed many and was respected.

Mike Browns parents are helping to create more problem than imaginable. Instead of begging for peace...she's actively inciting violence. She forgets SHE BEGGED for the crowd to move back so her son could be removed from the street....

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM with Chief Jackson right by her side

Sittin on my fingers, too :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics