MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that when the GJ comes back with a decision, we'll be seeing Ferguson under martial law. I do hope we don't see a similar repeat of the Rodney King rioting, violence, looting, burning and beating innocent people. According to some tweets, Ferguson ain't seen nuthin yet.

:(

TBH I hope they give a days warning before they release the GJ results. I think whatever the GJ decides there will be rioting. If I was local, I'd be packing my valuables and heading out of town for a few days. Jmo

From the article posted earlier. (Thank you.)

Eric Vickers, who has led various acts of civil unrest in St. Louis, has sent a letter to Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig asking for the league to pressure St. Louis officials in the unarmed shooting death of Michael Brown.

"They need to influence the business community."
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_284d4f6c-999e-5959-9919-acdc97fe7576.html

To apply pressure to influence the investigation?! You don't get to demand an outcome!

well given how much they expose their buttocks, LE should have little to no trouble finding their "mark."

Instead of "pants up, don't loot" it can be "pants up, don't shoot" :giggle:

I agree.

I like how he was calling on local activists, civic leaders, clergy, and elected officials to stand publicly against the violence. I laughed when he said "local elected leaders" - I instantly thought of Maria Chappelle-Nadal.

I don't like how he refers to the looting, vandalism, and violence as "unpeaceful protesting". I think he needs to call it exactly what it is: violent criminal activity.

Personally, as the head of security for that area, I wanted to hear him take a much stronger stance against the violence than just stating that "it won't be tolerated". I think the thugs see him as weak due to the past 6 weeks of the hug-a- approach and very few arrests. I think that until a stronger stance is taken against the violence, the events of last night will continue and perhaps escalate.

If this was happening where I live, I'd be demanding that law enforcement make my community safe. I would be outraged that such a soft stance was being taken after 6 weeks of looting, vandalism, violence, and all-out mayhem.

respectfully, FPD hands are tied so to speak by the DOJ; MSHP is walking on egg shells as well as the StL County PD

it's almost a lose-lose situation IMHO

I am glad Capt. Johnson mentioned the incident with the American flag. I bet there are a lot of veterans throughout all the police departments.

Was the flag he mentioned right side up, or up side down? I didn't see that part last night.

TBH I hope they give a days warning before they release the GJ results. I think whatever the GJ decides there will be rioting. If I was local, I'd be packing my valuables and heading out of town for a few days. Jmo

I sure am . . . and I live >15 miles from Ferguson but we're preparing for a full on metro burning when ODW is not charged

:waitasec: For what? Why?

eh, Ameren helps those who cannot help themselves; nothing really new but maybe there's a movement to get this info to people in that area (as if it wasn't there prior to today)

Just like a child who continually throws tantrums to get what they want.

So far LE, and assorted elected officials have sought to appease rather then reign in their destructive behavior.

:waitasec: For what? Why?

I don't know, enough whining perhaps? Johnson mentioned it, along with a LOT of money grants going, I presume, to the poor, unheard masses living in Ferguson.

"There is an enormous amount of evidence that's being presented to the grand jury that in most cases wouldn't happen, but because this case is so significant, in our community certainly, there are a lot more people coming in to testify than there might otherwise would be," McCulloch said. "Anyone with information who saw all or part of what happened at Canfield has been invited to the grand jury to testify."

He once again promised to seek a court order to release all of the evidence to the public should Wilson not be indicted. McCulloch said Judge Carolyn Whittington already has agreed to that. "It's very rare…There's no probably about it, it will be released," McCulloch told Millhaven.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_4fbfa14d-c135-5fe7-9f8a-5b9b775bd916.html

From the article posted earlier. (Thank you.)

Eric Vickers, who has led various acts of civil unrest in St. Louis, has sent a letter to Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig asking for the league to pressure St. Louis officials in the unarmed shooting death of Michael Brown.

"They need to influence the business community."
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_284d4f6c-999e-5959-9919-acdc97fe7576.html

To apply pressure to influence the investigation?! You don't get to demand an outcome!

"In 2003, Vickers and Nasheed briefly stopped MetroLink trains by physically sitting down on the tracks at the Forest Park station. They were quickly arrested and traffic resumed."

Vickers was the main force iirc behind the successful 1999 1-70 shutdown, which failed so miserably this time.

I don't know, enough whining perhaps? Johnson mentioned it, along with a LOT of money grants going, I presume, to the poor, unheard masses living in Ferguson.

Low income families may be eligible for subsidies on electric, housing, health insurance, food, daycare, etc. because they are making minimum wages. Often those minimum wage jobs do not include personal health insurance and the jobs are almost never full time. So even though people are working it is difficult to live on what little money they do receive.

"McCulloch added that his office is sharing information with federal authorities who are separately looking into whether Brown's civil rights were violated. "What we have they have, and what they have we have," he said."

So tonight's DOJ event focused on residents' encounters with Ferguson police could mainly be to troll for anything negative regarding OW, true or false, which will then be presented to the grand jury.

Low income families may be eligible for subsidies on electric, housing, health insurance, food, daycare, etc. because they are making minimum wages. Often those minimum wage jobs do not include personal health insurance and the jobs are almost never full time. So even though people are working it is difficult to live on what little money they do receive.

I presume those that don't work receive the same services? I'm not trying to be a snark, but it does infuriate me. I have relatives getting some free perks, and I also find them very disturbing.

Gonna quit while I'm ahead, LOL.

@chriskingstl Let's just make sure the police aren't instigating a situation, such as #Ferguson police laughing at #MikeBrown memorial burn
https://mobile.twitter.com/MariaChappelleN

Just Nadal being Nadal. Darn those police, forcing people to shoot at them, riot, loot, and burn. (Pst. No one said or showed in videos the officers laughing, but why spoil a good narrative?).

bbm
unbelievable isn't it?

IMHO, I do not see this being very helpful since we have seen that some of the residents there are willing to tell completely fabricated and highly inflammatory stories about LE. If it is just to appease the masses and give them a chance to be heard, I can't help but feel it is just going to stir others up. I hope they are prepared to sift through the manure and lies that they are setting themselves up to hear. I mean, if these people will publicly threaten, loot, and burn, then they will certainly fabricate some horror stories to further their "cause". JMO.

Well if they have to sift through 20 bogus stories for every 1 legitimate story, isn't it worth it?

respectfully, FPD hands are tied so to speak by the DOJ; MSHP is walking on egg shells as well as the StL County PD

it's almost a lose-lose situation IMHO

The real losers are the decent, tax-paying citizens.

I hope you get out of there before anything bad happens to you or your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot