MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I completely agree with this post. When the autopsy is released, IF it were to reveal something in the toxicology report is it going to be considered "character assassination"?

BBM
Probably, and that's what concerns me.

I must be a little confused.
I was under the belief Websleuths was a law enforcement friendly place. I was under the impression it is wrong to disparage officers of the law without any evidence.

Iirc it was even a big deal & not permitted to criticize LE in their handling of cases...

Has this changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO both Michael Brown and Officer Wilson are innocent til proven guilty of a crime. Neither has been charged with one as yet. Each is accused of a crime by the public but not by any authority. Neither is charged let alone tried and convicted.

Still waiting for more facts and autopsy results and whatnot before landing.

Yes Michael Brown is a victim. Although I don't know what is being implied by "Daren Wilson is on paid leave". Has Wilson been tried and convicted of a crime? That's the whole problem here, we don't know all the facts and there is a presumption of innocence that should apply to Wilson. Yet it seems to be forgotten because in the court of public opinion many have tried and convicted him and nothing will exonerate him.

Obviously he hasn't been tried or convicted of anything considering you just said we don't know all of the facts. Him being on paid leave isn't a presumption. It's a fact. Wilson fatally shooting an unarmed teen multiple times isn't a presumption, it's a fact. Wilson, an officer for 6 years, shot an unarmed assailant multiple times in a span of a few minutes, that's a fact. He wasn't new to dealing with apprehending criminals and had just earned an award 6 months prior for his extraordinary effort, that's a fact. So why did an experienced officer shoot an unarmed teen multiple times during an altercation that lasted no longer than 3 minutes according to police? I'm not saying he deserves death row or a trial by any means. I'm saying I hold him responsible for his actions just as I do Brown. Given the circumstances that we have been presented with, I'm allowed to draw my own conclusion as it unfolds. Is it final? Nope. Did I say he deserved to go to jail? Nope. I was responding to a post questioning whether or not MB is a victim considering the surrounding facts we have at this time.

When one consider the excessive amount of bullets that went into Mike Browns body, with a final shot to the forehead, I don't understand how many aren't outraged.

After the first shot when Mike Brown was surrendering, instead of emptying his weapon, he should have arrested him. Since he took that final shot to the forehead (as stated by DJ and Wilson's lady friend) I think this will prove very damning to Wilson.

Is it possible that Wilson acted out of anger? Sure in my mind he could. He felt disrespected that DJ and MB didn't immediately get out of the street as they were told.

I worry this could be me or any of my children. I don't believe an officer of the law needs to kill someone who is unarmed. He could have held MB at gunpoint as he calls for back up. Then MB would be under arrest but alive...

We don't know if it happened the way you are describing it. There is the video bouncing around here where the neighbor describes MB giving the cop the 'bums rush' and then runs away only to turn back and come towards him once more. IF THAT IS THE CASE then those final bullets are warranted, imo.

Have you read much about this officer? Imo, he does not seem like someone who would kill a teen because he felt dissed. jmo :moo:

Ugh. I don't know what to think at this point :(

This is about the death of MB. Yes, he is a victim.

It is true, Officer Darren Wilson has not been arrested or convicted of a crime. He was the shooter, but under the color of authority.

There are several LE agencies investigating this matter. Hopefully they'll conclude their investigation sooner rather than later. Until then, no one knows the answers.

hth
fran

Well if you are declaring MB a VICTIM it appears you may know answers that the rest of us are not privy too.

When one consider the excessive amount of bullets that went into Mike Browns body, with a final shot to the forehead, I don't understand how many aren't outraged.

After the first shot when Mike Brown was surrendering, instead of emptying his weapon, he should have arrested him. Since he took that final shot to the forehead (as stated by DJ and Wilson's lady friend) I think this will prove very damning to Wilson.

Is it possible that Wilson acted out of anger? Sure in my mind he could. He felt disrespected that DJ and MB didn't immediately get out of the street as they were told.

I worry this could be me or any of my children. I don't believe an officer of the law needs to kill someone who is unarmed. He could have held MB at gunpoint as he calls for back up. Then MB would be under arrest but alive...

Has the autopsy, or I should say, all 3 autopsies been released? Has a recording been produced that shows MB surrendering?

Or are these your opinions based on what you've seen and read in the news?

How is he not a victim?

A person killed by someone utilizing self defense is still a victim. (Not saying that's the case here, but I'm confused as to how MB is not a victim)

Yes I completely agree with this post. When the autopsy is released, IF it were to reveal something in the toxicology report is it going to be considered "character assassination"?

IMO NO. It would be a FACT to consider in the big picture.

I must be a little confused.
I was under the belief Websleuths was a law enforcement friendly place. I was under the impression it is wrong to disparage officers of the law without any evidence.

Iirc it was even a big deal & not permitted to criticize LE in their handling of cases...

Has this changed?

LE friendly does not mean right or wrong/drunk or sober. IMO, but I admit perhaps I am wrong.

"My country, right or wrong," is a thing that no patriot would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying, "My mother, drunk or sober."
G. K. Chesterton
English author & mystery novelist (1874 - 1936)

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/26905.html

LE friendly does not mean right or wrong/drunk or sober. IMO, but I admit perhaps I am wrong.

"My country, right or wrong," is a thing that no patriot would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying, "My mother, drunk or sober."
G. K. Chesterton
English author & mystery novelist (1874 - 1936)

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/26905.html

I would think a single shred of credible evidence would be required, at least here.

IMO

VERY interesting. It is very similar to what we were speculating as a possible scenario.

What I find fascinating is how Dorian confirmed some of this himself. I can't find a link, am hoping someone remembers this, but I saw Dorain describe the interaction with the officer. And he said the cop told them to 'get the eff outta the street' BUT I SAID WE WERE JUST A BLOCK FROM OUR DESTINATION SO WE WERE FINE..'

And that jives with the story above. That he told them to get out of the road and they refused. They continued walking down the center of the road, blocking traffic , carrying the stolen cigars like nothing was wrong...:facepalm:

This is about the death of MB. Yes, he is a victim.

It is true, Officer Darren Wilson has not been arrested or convicted of a crime. He was the shooter, but under the color of authority.

There are several LE agencies investigating this matter. Hopefully they'll conclude their investigation sooner rather than later. Until then, no one knows the answers.

hth
fran

Maybe "under the color of authority" isn't the best way to phrase it considering the circumstances of this case. jmo :thinking: Love you Fran!

How is he not a victim?

A person killed by someone utilizing self defense is still a victim. (Not saying that's the case here, but I'm confused as to how MB is not a victim)

Of course he is still a victim as he is deceased. But if it turns out that he robbed a store, then attacked the officer who tried to detain him, and punched him in the face and grappled for the gun, then he is a victim of his own stupidty, and not the same kind of choir boy victim that Sharpton is trying to make him out to be, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodapop99