MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorian Johnson said they did try to run away after the first shot at the car. DJ stooped behind a car and he said MB told him to keep running. They knew they had both just stolen cigarettes and maybe that's why they were trying to outrun the officer.

I imagine how intimidated and trapped Darren Wilson may have felt as he was not able to exit his own car as MB stood at the window leaning in or towards him. It's hard to believe DW would actually try to grab MB by the neck and try to choke him (as DJ described) through a car window- 6'3" 292 pounds keeping your door from opening. Even if DW was the same size, the fact that DW cannot exit his car plus the difference in height of MB towering over DW while sitting is a bad scenario.

Why wouldn't the boys have just backed up a few feet with hands up when the door of the police car wouldn't open? IMO, no way did DW try to pull a 292 lb guy through the window. That doesn't make any sense.

If you just robbed a convenience store 10 minutes before, police tell you to get out of the street, wouldn't you comply so as not to attract attention to the loot in your hands anyway? I think MB was in a confrontational, emboldened frame of mind. All JMO...

BBM. and that is where it should have ended. The guy has run away. You call for backup and wait for it. He apparently could not handle this situation and so he went out and shot the guy while he was running away and then killed him as he put his hands up which the autopsy really does support.

im not sure what any of that has to do with my post that you replied to except your first comment, and the 35 ft thing came from LE it has been stated repeatedly.

Actually, I've never heard that before either. Do you have a link? TIA

pretty strong words in the face of simple logic - it does not matter if you THINK the shot to the forearm was from the front or from behind, the evidence simply cannot discount either scenario at this point.

lie down like the body in the autopsy diagram, turn your palm upwards, have someone make a dot on your forearm where the bullet hole is indicated.

now stand and let your arms fall to your side naturally, now walk, have someone watching from behind and they will see that dot for almost the entire time, if not the entire time.

do i think the shot came from behind? i have no idea. until i here the officer's full statement its a possibility, probably leaning towards no.

is it possible? undeniably so.
You might want to take it up with Baden, since he said all shots were from the front. So did the WaPo article that was just posted.

And I'm sorry, you know what shows bad taste and disrespect to the victim? The violence and attacks that have followed since. You cannot chase out darkness with darkness, you have to use light. If this man was murdered innocently, the community would have far better been served by joining in with the police force to remove an officer who committed a crime. I doubt there are many police agencies who want to divide the already existing chasm between LE and communities. That serves no purpose to anyone. And now, unfortunately the dynamic in this town will suffer for years, most likely decades because of this which has divided a community against themselves.

sorry this is simply untrue and there are many studies to prove it so, i have to go out right now but maybe someone can link some studies about police marksmanship with handguns while under duress. if not i will do so when i get back.

So you think that officers are not trained to shot well and hit center mass? You don't think they go through training to make sure they can shot and kill when needed with as little shots as possible?

The whole point of police is to protect against evil and chaos. They are supposed to be trained for it.

Then he should not be handling a gun. If he can not hit center mass and it takes him 6 shots at least to take someone down. He should not have a gun. I am a better shot than that.

I think this was an officer that should not have been on the street.

Respectfully, you are not a better shot than that in a real life situation.
You may want to look up that stats on that. Because you're very wrong.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if a community feels that their LEA is discriminatory and judging them wrong, once again, words would better serve them at a fair shake than violence and hate mongering.

Funny, I'm watching CNN right now and not a word about the release of the tox screen :rolleyes:
Reminds me of the day the video came out where Mike Brown was committing strong arm robbery and CNN kept saying the video wasn't released--3 hours AFTER it was all over every other news station and website. :rolleyes:

They have to hang on to their fantasies and propaganda as long as possible. It seriously makes me sick.

I finally found the post I mentioned earlier. Post #430 at 5:21 PM Sunday 8-17-2014 Grief and protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #3
It my opinion, the MB family attorney was trying to prepare the protestors for the autopsy report. Just my opinion.

Phoebeb

Yes he did, and I heard him (or a different atty there in Ferguson- not sure) say the same thing yesterday too. Made me stop and take notice when I heard it, but I heard Crump say that today too. There must be something either in his past they know is coming out or something in toxicology or autopsy like you said, imo. They are gearing up for something seems like. But really, the only thing that matters is what happened during the shooting imo. That info isn't out yet but already many have tried and convicted Wilson of murder. To many, there's no need for all the details, that's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
I just heard Mr Crump say something VERY interesting to the crowd, while standing with MB's parents at the rally.

I'd like to see it gain, but he said, almost in a warning tone, to the crowd:

" Now YOU all are going to hear some talk about young Michael Brown in the next few days...and do not let it distract us from the truth/...."

I am paraphrasing, but that is the essence. It sounded to me like he was warning folks about another shoe about to be dropped. Maybe the tox results or the autopsy?

If they are really interested in the ENTIRE truth coming out... then why not discuss the ENTIRE truth? Why don't they address the robbery he committed and the assault he committed just moments before? I mean, if we're REALLY interested in getting to the bottom of everything, those INDISPUTABLE facts are important. Why? Because the truth doesn't matter here. What matters is turning this into something it isn't- a race issue.

If this had gone the other way.. and the officer had not taken action and MB had taken him out, we would have heard a few things about a cop being killed... we would have saw the memorial service and then it would have been forgotten. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson wouldn't have shown up and said, "this boy needs to be prosecuted..." Nope. Wouldn't have happened. Just a blip on the radar and life goes on.

That's shocking and just shows how people seize on the emotions of a grieving family to exploit it for their own gain. Disgusting, in fact.

JMO
That article is very disgusting. He fits right in with Crump, Sharpton etc

I have to respectfully disagree Scarlett...I saw the same broadcast with Dr. Baden that you did but I heard and saw it differently....always interesting that we can all see and hear something but see and hear it differently,lol.

You guys were just watching tv and see different. That's why eye witness are not always credible. See the same crime but report details different. Jmo

ciao

No offense to anyone, but where's the evidence to show that he had the right to be saved? I see none. I see a kid who was a bully. He committed a crime moments before this altercation. Not only did he commit a crime of robbery, but then he committed a crime of assault to the store owner/worker. He showed his hand. He's not some meek and mild, gentle kid. He was 'big enough to go bear hunting with a switch', to coin a phrase my dad uses. He used fear and intimidation just moments before. Did he suddenly have a change of character in the space of 5- 7 minutes (or shorter)?

There's consequences to actions in life. Live as a , you die as a . It's really simple.

Yes, unfortunately, too many times, people do not live to see that their very actions put them in a situation that there is no going back from. You don't see a lot of old "thugs". Like my signature, the hate you give screws everyone in the long run. And I'm not even saying he was a in the full definition. Violent offender has been proven, and for some people, they can lead quite a long life with those types of action, but for some, it takes one time. It's like unprotected sex. Some people have it all the time, and never get a std or pregnant, while some people it's that one time of living reckless.

I don't know if I missed it or?

How tall is Offc. Wilson? Anyone have his weight?

Could the physical "damage" to his face be from the door slamming back into it after the door struck MB and his friend?

Could Wilson have assumed Michael had struck him and not the frame of the door? Does this explain the neck grabbing and tussle through the window?

Everyone I know in LE, including extended family, were instructed "center mass", "double tap", or "2 in the chest, one in the head". For that matter, anyone who has tested for a CCW is instructed the same. When they're at the shooting range, it's all about "clustering" your shots, more so if you're using a semi auto, which is "standard issue" for most LE departments.

If MB's arms were raised, slightly bent at the elbows, it clusters the bullet entry points, maybe his gun's sight is off to the left.

"Shot him in the back", "Shot him from behind".....semantics, and witnesses viewing the situation from a side view. It would coincide with a shot to the back of MB's arm.

This whole running towards Wilson with MB's head lowered...........uh, too much Jodie Arias visuals. Not buying it.

Comments?

Just my observations as this situation goes along.

So you think that officers are not trained to shot well and hit center mass? You don't think they go through training to make sure they can shot and kill when needed with as little shots as possible?

The whole point of police is to protect against evil and chaos. They are supposed to be trained for it.
Why do you keep ignoring the possibility that the officer was INJURED from the assault upon him moments before?

BBM. and that is where it should have ended. The guy has run away. You call for backup and wait for it. He apparently could not handle this situation and so he went out and shot the guy while he was running away and then killed him as he put his hands up which the autopsy really does support.

Wilson had a legal responsibility to apprehend a suspected felon, and specially after he was assaulted by Brown.
It doesn't matter that you believe e should have been allowed to simply run away to rob & assault another day.
Wilson's JOB was to stop him...and he did. He was 100% justified IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members