Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok..
1st not all the facts have been released in this case for anyone to "know" what happened..
However, there are some "known" variables that can provide the background and/or context for what most likely occurred (so contradicted myself lol)

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_678334ce-500a-5689-8658-f548207cf253.html

This link will show that the area where this incident happened is in fact the following:

-The area accounted for 28% of all burglaries, 28% of all aggravated assaults, 30% of all motor vehicle thefts and 40% of all robberies reported in the city of 21,000 people.
-Maine-based Eagle Point Companies bought Northwinds (Where Grandma lives) in 2005 and poured $12.5 million into refurbishing the complex, thanks in part to low-income housing credits. Part of the deal was that to be eligible to live there, residents can earn no more than 60 percent of the median income in the area. (Estimated median household income in 2012: $36,121 Approx $14,500 http://www.city-data.com/city/Ferguson-Missouri.html )

So basically yes this may not be a "High Rise urban project" but infact it is just that. The link on data is amazing for other info regarding this town. So it appears that about 12yrs ago owners of apts received grant to fix up their older properties in exchange for allow low income to move out of the inner city into a community that has since seen crime go up and housing prices go down thus tensions.

With that as my basis I think this officer went into a known bad part of town saw the 2 <mod snip> told them to get out of the street (again who walks in middle of street but defiant folks?) they according to DJ didn't comply but responded with idea they weren't jumping back on sidewalk.

From there facts get muddy but IMHO.. Officer heard call BOLO realized kicked car in reverse probably verbally indicated to stop/freeze MB & DJ knew the jig was up no one knows from there. I have theory but bottom line MB & DJ KNEW they'd just strong arm robbed store and Office KNEW he was in the heart of the highest crime area of town.

I think it's extremely dangerous to forward a narrative that these were 2 kids walking to Grandma's house and gunned down by racist white cop using his gun like some crazy Whack A Mole game on the streets. On the other hand I'm sure the Police aren't maybe as understanding and friendly as they would be if they pulled me over for speeding because of the fact high crime area and assuming that MB & DJs defiance was not a shock but probably the norm (especially from what I've seen on You Tube videos and Tim Cast live feeds every night).

If the officer was in fear, terror, as you describe it ...after being shoved back into his vehicle, punched in the face and struggling to maintain control of his weapon...it's justifiable fear. He has every right to act on that fear and stop the threat.

That's his JOB!

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:bow: :winko: :aktion:

Do you really think the protesters are waiting for the facts? They are not going to believe the facts unless it's in MB's favor, right?

I agree. But they are not or will not be the triers of fact if this winds up in court. If the outcome enrages them,they will probably respond riotously. Which is sad. People are still enraged about the OJ case, and Casey Anthony case. But Justice is blind...........still, I believe that our system is fairer than most, around the world. JMO

Not directed to you popsicle, just jumping off of yours. He was 18 and I think nearly everyone would agree that the maturity and understanding level of an 18 year old is not the same as a 40 year old but yet high enough that they can be held accountable for their own actions. To me the two sides debating if he's a kid or not a kid is just an example of the polarizing effect of cases like this. Both sides have an idea of what 18 year olds are and are not.

Let's not forget 18 year olds can fight wars.
besides 18 year olds know right from wrong......legal from illegal.

But you're not a cop. They are trained to put their lives on the line to protect the community. After he was attacked in his patrol car, he could have just stayed in there and waited for an ambulance. But he didn't. He wanted to stop the attacker from doing it again somewhere else.

My BIL is retired San Jose LE. If LE is injured, they retreat and wait for back up. Specially if they are by themselves. Wilson didn't even know if BOTH suspects MAY have had weapons........that would have been extreme recklessness on his part to pursue AFTER being injured.
My BIL put his life on the line everyday for his community, but his main goal was to come back home to his family alive after every shift.

I appreciate you posting a link that possibly discredits someone who questions Parcells qualifications.

However, this article

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_0662e5b1-dcfa-578f-9487-8ab6a176ea4d.html

Provides dozens of statements by others in the ME and DA communities that tell a different story. What makes it highly relevant, compelling and damning is that none hide behind anonymity. Each account is recounted using the persons name, rank and serial number.

He's misrepresenting himself big time, and I can only assume he was hired by crump and parks, Baden may likely End up mighty pissed when he realizes who exactly "assisted" him in this investigation.

My BIL is retired San Jose LE. If LE is injured, they retreat and wait for back up. Specially if they are by themselves. Wilson didn't even know if BOTH suspects MAY have had weapons........that would have been extreme recklessness on his part to pursue AFTER being injured.
My BIL put his life on the line everyday for his community, but his main goal was to come back home to his family alive after every shift.

So if he waited for back up, and the back up officer shot MB, would that have been OK?

I've wondered if the location played a part in MB's reaction to DW's order to halt. If it happened at the apt. complex where MB was known/lived, with curious neighbors looking on, 18 yo AA, adrenaline-filled MB may not have seen obeying Ofc. Wilson as an option. Sad, but DW wasn't the one who made bad decisions that day imo. MB was an aspiring rap artist, and I bet the lyrics to the videos he posted would help us understand him better.

I've wondered if the location played a part in MB's reaction to DW's order to halt. If it happened at the apt. complex where MB was known/lived, with curious neighbors looking on, 18 yo AA, adrenaline-filled MB may not have seen obeying Ofc. Wilson as an option. Sad, but DW wasn't the one who made bad decisions that day imo. MB was an aspiring rap artist, and I bet the lyrics to the videos he posted would help us understand him better.

None of the residents on that video seemed to know him. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members