MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is a big man stealing something from your store, and the shopkeeper decides to go and block the big guy from getting out the door? Of course he was going to get shoved. I'm NOT saying that was okay, by ANY means - what I do say is that if you try to confront a group of kids stealing something from your store, by yourself, of course there is the high probability that you are putting yourself in danger.

JMO.

Legal age for becoming an adult is 18 years old. MB was 18 years old. Would a normal person looking at a 6 ft 4 inch 293 agitated male assume he was a "kid"? Have you seen the video of the alleged strong armed robbery? MB was at least twice the size of the store clerk. MB appeared to be leaving thru the front door, then MB turned around and MB put his hand around the clerk's neck and shoved the clerk into a end rack display of food items. You can check the MB media thread for the video. Also, the video has been shown numerous times on this thread. Even if MB had been under the age of 18, he could have been charged as a juvenile for this alleged "strong armed robbery".

See my post in response to poster Linda7NJ....in that case Reese Witherspoon should have been shot down too.

And if she tried to remove their gun she might have been.

See my post in response to poster Linda7NJ....in that case Reese Witherspoon should have been shot down too.

In your post, did Reese Witherspoon physically attack the LE? Did Reese Witherspoon have a "serious incident" with LE inside LE's vehicle?
Please see my previous long post with 4 links where Dorian's attorney admits there was a "serious incident" inside LE's vehicle between LE and MB.

Not even the shopkeeper? He wasn't a victim of shoplifting and intimidation?

Not even the store owners of Fergus*n who've had their stores looted & their business plans/life earnings go poof?

And there are more that I see also.......
Just concerned about why he fired so many rdns to kill ole boy. Nothing justifies it for me, not when you are unarmed imo. Sorry

Neither side disputes that there was an altercation at the window of the SUV.

Is the context not important at all? In that case, what's the point of all of this? Why are we all on here? Why are hundreds protesting? Why are there army of FBI agents sent out to investigate? Why is there even any investigation at all?

I have seen that video. In my opinion, Reese Witherspoon appeared to be highly intoxicated in that video.
And unless I missed it, people didn't defend her behavior and insist that the cop must have done something provocative.

Same goes for a lot of people who get obnoxious when they are in trouble, intoxicated or not.

The long-term tragedy, IMO, is that so many people are making life harder on everyone by sending the message to susceptible children, teens, and adults that if you get obnoxious or resist arrest, people will have your back and help you reach for arguments to shift blame onto the cop.

So when it's someone like Michael Brown, he has to, or should have, "manned up" and dealt with it? He should have taken responsibility? He should have shut up?

My, I hope the 95% of parents who think their 18 old children are still "child," would hear this.

Perhaps they will stop funding their children until they are 30 years old.

Perhaps they will stop paying for their adult offspring's car insurance, phone, apartments, college tuitions, and living expenses all throughout college and beyond. Because after all, these offspring who go off to college are typically Michael Brown's age, and end college in their 20's.

But it's ok, because even after they graduate college and find a job, the parents still think of them as their little children, and continue to help them out until they are, like I said, in their 30's or beyond.

So why is it that suddenly kids like Michael Brown should be the ones who should have grown up and manned up by that age?

JMO.
I dont know who you are, but i like ya LOL. Your posts truly speak to me. PREACHHHH

There's a map at The Conservative Treehouse blog that TOS don't allow me to post, but it's very illustrative. It's a satellite view of the area between Ferguson Mart, Canfield Drive, and the spot where MB died, which looks like a labyrinth of apartment buildings that "dead end" with no rear exit. If so, it wasn't a thoroughfare that saw much traffic, explaining why the 2 young men felt free to walk down the middle of the street before Ofc. Wilson appeared. It also may explain why they remained in the street, as the close building configurations almost guaranteed whatever happened there was being seen by multiple people attracted to the sight of a police car in the middle of the day.
Canfield Dr doesn't dead end.

I just don't see that as being valid or relevant in THIS particular case. MB was messing up in so many ways. Doing the strong armed robbery, walking down the middle of the road with stolen blunt wraps, blocking traffic, defying the cops orders to get out of the street. I don't think this was a racial issue. jmo
I find it very hard to ask this, but him doing all of that, which some things i have done as a teen, Yes in London, i would hope a cop would not just shoot me dead. Come on, not saying MB was innocent but no human being is. But you mention all these learnt behaviours as if, it was derseving...Lawd help me

I find it very hard to ask this, but him doing all of that, which some things i have done as a teen, Yes in London, i would hope a cop would not just shoot me dead. Come on, not saying MB was innocent but no human being is. But you mention all these learnt behaviours as if, it was derseving...Lawd help me

Apparently cop says the MB was rushing at him. If that is accurate then the shooting would be justified, as presumably the cop had a good reason to fear for his safety then.

In my opinion, katydid23's post shows pattern of behavior. MB was in a "serious incident" with LE inside LE's vehicle. Please see my detailed post from about 10 minutes ago with 4 links from main stream media where Dorian's attorney admitted this When someone attacks LE, LE does not have time to decide if the attacker is armed or not.

Prof. Parcells said a wound on Brown’s right arm was “consistent with a witness statement” that Brown was first shot while facing away from Wilson, but he stressed that he and Dr. Baden could not determine conclusively the trajectories of the bullets that hit Brown—or which direction he was moving—when he was shot. The wounds “could be consistent with going forward or going backward,” Dr. Baden said.

The autopsy did not reveal signs of a struggle, Dr. Baden said, which casts doubt on an earlier statement by police that a struggle between Brown and Wilson precipitated Brown’s shooting. Police have said Brown forced his way inside Wilson’s cruiser, where Wilson shot at Brown for the first time.

Dr. Baden said he found no gunpowder residue on Brown’s skin, which could mean that the muzzle of Wilson’s gun was “at least one or two feet away” from Brown when he was shot. However, Dr. Baden was adamant that he would need to examine Brown’s clothing for gunpowder residue to make a conclusive finding.

http://www.newsweek.com/what-we-learned-michael-browns-autopsy-265247

So there is a big man stealing something from your store, and the shopkeeper decides to go and block the big guy from getting out the door? Of course he was going to get shoved. I'm NOT saying that was okay, by ANY means - what I do say is that if you try to confront a group of kids stealing something from your store, by yourself, of course there is the high probability that you are putting yourself in danger.

JMO.

Another high probability is that owners of stores like Ferguson Mart, where brazen robbers take things at will, jack their prices waaaay up to cover that cost of doing business. Cost doesn't matter to those like MB who take without paying, but what about his law-abiding neighbors too poor to afford a car to drive to an actual grocery store in a safer neighborhood?

Apparently cop says the MB was rushing it him. If that is accurate then the shooting would be justified, as presumably the cop had a good reason to fear for his safety then.

Does anyone have the link for the video where a witness stated MB turned around and was going toward LE? The video taken during the incident where this person could be heard in the background.

katydid23 lists a series of events that all played a part in MB's death. JMO

Apparently cop says the MB was rushing at him. If that is accurate then the shooting would be justified, as presumably the cop had a good reason to fear for his safety then.
I understand thats the law of the police, but as a social worker who works with youths and has been on the other side of a lot of that, i cannot nod my head and feel right about it. BUT i get it, extreme but i get it.

In my opinion, no one no matter what color his or her skin is, is ever justified in showing disrespect to LE.
I'd say no matter the colour of one's skin - or even profession, one must always give to get. I used to work as a dispatcher - worked with a ton of cops, sheriffs, etc. Most were lovely people - some were condescending and rude, some were sexist and demeaning. A career path doesn't, shouldn't, give certain individuals immunity to manners themselves either.

JMO

Is the context not important at all? In that case, what's the point of all of this? Why are we all on here? Why are hundreds protesting? Why are there army of FBI agents sent out to investigate? Why is there even any investigation at all?
Why indeed.

IMO, assuming there must have been guilty cop actions or lack of assault on the cop based on the reactions of a mob (including the media) would be a huge injustice and demonstrate a failure to consider the even larger context.

Does anyone have the link for the video where a witness stated MB turned around and was going toward LE? The video taken during the incident where this person could be heard in the background.

About 1:15 in.http://fox2now.com/2014/08/19/new-video-evidence-may-offer-a-different-account-of-mike-browns-death/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme