GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly washed his clothing there after the murder - getting rid of evidence?

That's my thought.

I wanted to add my :twocents: about the witnesses - Thank goodness they got his description, car info, etc. and even though the police were unable to save sweet Hailey, thankfully they were able to apprehend this guy before he took the "easy" way out like Michael Klunder in the Kathlynn Shephard case. I hope he suffers.

The article I read last night stated plainly that the man and wife ran after the truck. How do you think LE got the plate number? Y'all should lay off the witnesses! They are the reason her family knows where she is now. It's really not fair people...

Did I read that court date correctly--his first court date is in 2030? So much for swift justice. (Maybe they're hoping he'll find it while incarcerated, without the system's help?)

My guess would be that is just a default date. Meaning, a date was not entered and the system just defaulted to that date/time. Just a guess. Althoug I like your idea of swift jail justice.

I believe we need to send flowers, or at least a THANK YOU to the neighbor who was observant and called this in so quickly. Without that quick action and care helped to find this as quickly as they did. It didn't save her but it could have.

Even before there was an Amber Alert as soon as the plate number came in everyone in the area was looking. There are not that many ways in or out of Springfield. Everyone, even aside of LE was looking,

In this particular case, the Amber Alert wasn't the make it or break it on the outcome. It was the neighbor. These are my opinions.

I agree with this completely. The fact that these neighbors were able to get as much description as they did in the seconds after the unbelievable happened right in front of them is why the accused is in custody now. The fact that the accused has been working in the public school system guarantees that this would not have been his last opportunity around children. Yes, it's too late for precious Hailey...but I don't fault witnesses or LE for that. The perp gets ALL the blame.

Per presser:

Hasn't been positively identified.

Me: WTF did he do to her???

I'm just sick :(

Springfield Police Cheif just confirmed her body was found.

Possibly washed his clothing there after the murder - getting rid of evidence?

That is the first thing I thought of. Maybe to get rid of any blood, or to get her DNA off on his clothes?? oh no..

This is a letter parents got this morning...

Springfield Public Schools

Last night we learned the terrible news that one of our students had been abducted near her home. This morning our sadness is compounded by the recent developments in the case of Hailey Owens' abduction.

The suspect in this case, Craig Michael Wood, was arrested by Springfield Police Department. Wood has been employed by SPS since Aug. 18, 1998. He works as a paraprofessional and athletic coach at Pleasant View K-8 School. His employment has been suspended until this matter is resolved.

Hailey is a student at Westport Elementary School and last year she attended Bowerman Elementary School.

I offer my support to Hailey's family and to our SPS community. Students and staff at three of our schools are coping with this situation. To support these school communities directly impacted by this tragedy, I have assigned additional counseling staff and school police officers to be on hand until further notice.

We are fully cooperating with law enforcement officials as their investigation continues. Because this is an ongoing investigation, I will not be making any further comments about the situation at this time.

Sincerely,

Norm Ridder
Superintendent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor, sweet girl. She was probably gone before the Amber Alert even went out. I hope she didn't suffer long.

My heart feels sick. :(

The only "cure" for pedophilia is death. When will our society come to realize this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why the amber alert hasn't been cancelled IMO, they haven't formally identified the body yet. WHAT HAS HE DONE TO HER?? :banghead:

said at 3pm there was a 911 call about an attempted abduction near a school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase