GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hailey Owens Obituary

- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ne...iley-owens&pid=169839897#sthash.tXLUF6OR.dpuf

SNL045189-1_20140223.jpg

Hailey Owens

Hailey Owens was born on August 18, 2003, in Springfield, Missouri. She went to heaven on February 18, 2014 at the age of 10.

Hailey was a high-spirited, happy child. She was kind-hearted, full of life, full of laughter, and full of love. She enjoyed helping her mom with laundry, cooking, and baby-sitting. She was thrilled that she was getting ready to become an aunt.

At times, Hailey was a girly-girl who loved painting her fingernails, watching Princess movies, playing dress-up, getting her hair fixed, and having her picture taken by her sister at Nathaniel Greene Park. At other times, she was a tomboy who loved playing in the mud and riding her bike in the creek.

Hailey loved to talk, enjoyed all kinds of music, and the colors pink and purple were her favorites. She attended Bowerman Elementary from kindergarten through second grade and was currently a fourth grader at Westport Elementary. She was a believer in Jesus Christ and had a positive impact on everyone who knew her. She will be greatly missed.

Hailey is survived by her parents, Jeff and Stacey Barfield, dad and mom; Markus Ryan Owens, dad; Markus Owens, brother; J.D. Barfield, brother; Alexa Barfield, sister; many loving relatives from the Barfield, Owens, Nord, and Herman families; and many, many friends.

The family is grateful for the support, encouragement, and love they have received from people locally, nationally, and globally. Donations to benefit the family may be made to the Hailey Owens Memorial Fund through Empire Bank.

Visitation will be Tuesday evening from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Ridgecrest Baptist Church. A funeral service celebrating Hailey's life will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday, also at Ridgecrest. Pastor Pat Findley from Hamlin Memorial Baptist Church will be officiating.

greenlawn.jpg

Published in the News-Leader on Feb. 24, 2014

- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ne...iley-owens&pid=169839897#sthash.tXLUF6OR.dpuf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can sign the Guest Book for Hailey Owens at the Link below:

http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/ne...ences/169839897?cid=full#sthash.AkhtAXE2.dpbs
Legacy.com -- Guest Book for Hailey Owens

This Guest Book will remain online until 2/24/2015 courtesy of Greenlawn Funeral Home North - Springfield, MO.

I sure agree! sniff, sniff... so sad and such a loss!! She's with so many of our other little ones playing with the angels! May God give her family strength.

Ann-TX thank you so much for keeping us updated.

I was really hoping this blob of evil would admit to what he has done and beg for the death penalty. But oh no--huh uh--he's claiming he never saw Hailey and had nothing to do with her death.
http://www.kshb.com/news/crime/crai...-charged-in-hailey-owens-death-heads-to-court

I don't see that in the article? A not guilty plea could mean different things at this point. Though I agree with you completely that it would be better for everyone and would save Hailey's family a lot of grief if he plead guilty and spared them a trial.

U2fWphC.jpg
UicWYDN.jpg
glD4LQ6.jpg
1stPTwp.jpg
6Ie8klul.png

Perspective...the all-star line up, a few of the faces we've come to know over the past several months.

I don't see that in the article? A not guilty plea could mean different things at this point. Though I agree with you completely that it would be better for everyone and would save Hailey's family a lot of grief if he plead guilty and spared them a trial.

It's stated in the news clip---starting at the 40 second mark.

If he plead guilty at this point I think it would only be a plea deal to take out the possibility of a death sentence.

I'm undecided if I would rather see this go to the death chamber or be given a life sentence and put in with the general prison population and be labeled a child rapist and murderer and have to spend the rest of his life taking that kind of abuse.

If he wasn't given a death sentence and put on death row, he likely would be put into protective custody or segregation where he would be protected from the other inmates in the prison. If that were the case I would rather see him put to death.

Does Missouri have an electric chair? Maybe someone can forget to wet the sponge. (If you have seen the movie Green Mile, you will understand)

JMO

Bessie, can you please put names to the other three beautiful children for those of us that don't know of them? TIA.

ETA: I can't believe I don't know their names and stories off the top of my head. RIP angels.

Thank you Bessie. <3

Heaven has some beautiful little angels.

Michael Mahoney with KMBC did a video report from the laundrymat. It was linked through AOL news yesterday and I cannot find the link. But it was good and had info that I had not seen elsewhere. I'll keep looking. He's the reporter that actually went to Springfield.

If he plead guilty at this point I think it would only be a plea deal to take out the possibility of a death sentence.

I'm undecided if I would rather see this go to the death chamber or be given a life sentence and put in with the general prison population and be labeled a child rapist and murderer and have to spend the rest of his life taking that kind of abuse.

If he wasn't given a death sentence and put on death row, he likely would be put into protective custody or segregation where he would be protected from the other inmates in the prison. If that were the case I would rather see him put to death.

Does Missouri have an electric chair? Maybe someone can forget to wet the sponge. (If you have seen the movie Green Mile, you will understand)

JMO

In this particular case, I'd be uncomfortable with anything other than the death penalty. Inmates have been known to break out of prison and if he ever gains access to freedom, he'll snatch another innocent child before they even know he's missing. This is a sick sick man who's a danger to society as long as he's alive. The death penalty is the only way to be 100% sure he never does this again.

Yes that's the one, thank you. So that's how LE knew he had been there. I wonder what time they called to report him being there?

Anyone See the bikers for Hailey Owens? Think it might have been BACA, and there were at least 600 bikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024