GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was sooo hard to watch... prayers for the family

This interview shocked me. Her Mom seems so sweet. But if there was no suspect, or witnesses, and she disappeared would we suspect the Mom because of the interview. Her laughter (nervousness) but lack of tears, doesn't seem distraught. This is proof grief from tragedies like this does not manifest in the same way for all people. She must be devastated. But it doesn't appear so from this interview.

Coach's arrest in Springfield slaying surprises parents, player

The day seventh-grader Caleb Funk found out his football coach had been arrested in the abduction of a little girl, he came home and went straight to his room.

He didn’t want to play a video game, turn on the TV or talk. He shut the door to his room, lay down and stared at the ceiling.

“I just can’t get my head around it,” said Caleb, 13. “I can’t believe it was him, I can’t.”

http://www.news-leader.com/article/...ach-Springfield-girl-slaying?odyssey=obinsite

Methodical - thank you for the explanation. I saw .22 and thought rifle / shotgun and imagined the worst. Your post was helpful.

Cathy, I can tell you from experience that she is most likely in shock and running on adrenaline at this point. It's like walking beside yourself and nothing feels real. As it slowly sinks in, and the shock wears off . . . well, it's devastating. I still have no idea how I made it through. My heart goes out to Hailey's Mama.

IMO, this is the worst type of crime, almost worse than an RSO or predator. It affects the whole town and other kids will never dare trust adults, teachers, etc...we always warn them about the sinister stranger, not expecting it to be a neighbor, coach, etc. though often that is exactly the case.

This just makes me sick. Some people are just plan evil! This poor girl died, for what? So some sick moron could get off?? God, why did she have to die? It just makes me so mad sometimes I just want to move to a deserted island to get away from psychotic, evil people who ENJOY inflicting harm on innocent people. I hope beyond hope there is a special place in hell for him. This kind of stuff is starting to shake my faith. I actually had to quit my job because I was going to have to start having group and individual sessions with RSO's and I just knew I couldn't handle it. Back to drug addicts for me!

Sadly, if she died as a result of a shotgun blast to the back of her head, there probably isn't much left to see of her frontside. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pray this isn't the case, as I hope her parents are allowed an open casket, if that is their choice. A very dear friend of mine was killed in a horrific car accident and decapitated. Because of that his parents were never allowed to see him again and therefore it was a closed casket. It was very hard on them and I hope that Hailey's parents don't have to go through that as well.

I saw the pictures of the community together and I got tears. It is so wonderful to see how amazing everyone is and how they are supporting her family. I still have my porch light on and I will continue to keep it on for her.

Coach's arrest in Springfield slaying surprises parents, player

It must be awful for a child or adult who knew this monster to find out what he has done. I hope the children he taught and Hailey's friends are being offered therapy if they need it.

<sniped & bbm from article>
RE: Contrary to the fearful, delusional and fact-free claims of the right-wing-hate-machine, the defense is rarely successful because even so-called crazy and delusional people usually attempt to conceal the crime they committed and/or deny that they committed it.

'Imo, frederick leatherman, lost me in his 2nd paragraph due to his childish name calling and demonizing'..

Regrettably I didn't catch that little nugget the first read.

Frederick L. is not someone from whom I would get a professional legal opinion. MOO.

I found that out after reading some of his other blog posts. He is a bit extreme. Sorry i posted it to begin with.

Top HR officer for Springfield schools says policies, law were followed with Wood
Parker McKenna, chief human resources officer for the district, said the district followed its internal policies as well as the state law — which requires comprehensive background checks followed by annual reviews — in this situation.

In addition to the annual reviews, the district has agreements with nearly all employee groups that require those who get arrested for any reason to notify human resources of the issue.

Wood has been suspended without pay. ...

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20140221/NEWS01/302210052/Springfield-schools-Wood?nclick_check=1

I found that out after reading some of his other blog posts. He is a bit extreme. Sorry i posted it to begin with.

Don't feel bad about posting it, tmhco.
The content still holds true tho it's author needs a little 'work'.
I think we can all feel safe to say that CMW has 0 chance for any insanity defense. His actions threw that defense waaay out the window.

Does anyone know when Hailey's actual funeral will be or where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024