GUILTY MO - Ireland, 2 & Goodknight Ribando, 7 weeks, found dead outside home, Kearney, July 2018 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They can use saliva to test for drugs, but in my experience they don't unless they can't get a urine sample. For example, my husband needed to take an observed drug test and couldn't pee in front of someone so after several uncomfortable HOURS of having a full bladder he couldn't manage to empty, they got permission to do a saliva swab. Then we had to stop at two different places on the short drive home so he could pee, which he was able to do as soon as nobody was watching him. Lol poor guy was so miserable. My sister told him he was lucky he wasn't in the military because in her army days anyone who couldn't pee in front of someone got catheterized!

I'm wondering if maybe there are drugs that are flushed from urine but still show in saliva. I've never heard of such a thing. It is curious why they did that in this case. Any documents we get from this case are going to make for some very interesting reading! Anyone know if Kansas has a sunshine law?

The only reason I recall mouth swabs being taken is to get DNA. Not sure why that is needed in is particular case.

jmo

Theres been talk of her sleeping in the car at night time with the kids because there was no air conditioning in the house. On another note im quite surprised that nobody has brought up the fact that xanax and at least one other prescription (that im not familiar with) was found. It actually makes perfect sense to me that she passed out in the car and possibly didnt hear anything if she was on xanax. I wouldnt think they would give a breastfeeding mother a prescription for that so it quite possibly would be purchased on the streets. Also explains comments from friends that shes changed recently and also explains her appearance in her mugshot compared to past photos of her. IF these pills were bought off the streets I highly doubt she took them as directed. Xanax is the real deal!! I personally can take one and within 30 minutes im out. Like out out. Dont even know my name passed out for 12 hours wake up on the couch with a bruised hip from not moving the whole time! I think those pills actually have a lot to do with what happened.

I was just thinking the same thing relating to Xanax We don't know her dosage or if she was drinking alcohol too.

In the article about the risk of a hot car and children, it talks about, “All cars heat up to lethal temperatures across every state, and although it’s the level of heat that in the end causes the death, it’s the act of forgetfulness that is the trigger."

The side effects of Xanax causing short term memory loss to chronic use and abuse side effects- aggressive and impulsive behavior. People who use Xanax for an extended period of time can experience long-term side effects. One of the common long-term side effects is memory impairment. While the impairment is mild and it mostly affects your short-term memory, it can impart a lasting effect. This occurs because it becomes difficult to maintain the needed levels of attention and concentration to receive and retain information from conversations or material that is read or observed. The Effects of Xanax Use - DrugAbuse.com I am not saying taking Xanax is an excuse for what happened.

Last edited:
I wonder if theres any truth to her sleeping in the car at night with the kids because of no ac in the house. Maybe that night they got in the car to sleep (like they had been doing at night according to some people) and the car ran out of gas some time after the visit from social services. She was knocked out from the pills and when the car shut off she didnt wake up. when she finally did wake up they were already gone. It makes sense to me that way. I mean alot of stupid choices that dont actually make sense but I can see this being the way it happened.

Here's a question. If she intentionally wanted the girls to die from heat stroke, why leave the car running? I can't figure out why the car was running at all unless she had the ac on. This can cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide IS my guess. Letting the kids pay for the dads indiscretion..

This might have been discussed already, but since we're waiting for more info, I looked up weather information. Records show hot temps during the day, high humidity overnight.

For Kansas City, MO:
July 4: low temp of day = 73 degrees at 3:22am
July 4: high temp of day = 93 degrees at 2:43pm
July 4: highest humidity of day: 82% at 2:00am
July 4: lowest humidity of day: 52% at 1:00pm

July 5: low temp of day = 73 degrees at 5:28am
July 5: high temp of day = 91 degrees at 4:21pm
July 5: highest humidity of day = 87% at 4:00am
July 5: lowest humidity of day = 59% at 1:00pm

Info from National Weather Service National Weather Service Climate
Can you look for the 3rd too? I thought this took place on the night of the third and the morning of the fourth. Am I off by a day? I guess I could be! Thanks for the weather info.

Can you look for the 3rd too? I thought this took place on the night of the third and the morning of the fourth. Am I off by a day? I guess I could be! Thanks for the weather info.
No prob.

Kansas City, MO
July 3, 2018
Low temp: 72 degrees at 12:42am
High temp: 94 degrees at 4:28pm
High humidity: 89% at 6:00am
Low humidity: 49% at 3:00pm

From National Weather Service: National Weather Service Climate

And some more details here. I'm even more confused. She was locked out? Her house key isn't on her car keys? How did she get the babies out of the house later? Over night the babies die but not her? So she tries to get gas first before calling 911? So. Many. Questions.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kmbc...ice-she-fell-asleep-with-car-running/22120567
This makes no sense. She ran out of gas but the cps worker says it was running. She’s locked out but the door is open. I assumed she was in the running car for AC but SHE didn’t die of heat stroke yet the girls did? Why would the CPS worker leave knowing someone was home - door open ,car running? I’m scary to know what the actual truth is .

No prob.

Kansas City, MO
July 3, 2018
Low temp: 72 degrees at 12:42am
High temp: 94 degrees at 4:28pm
High humidity: 89% at 6:00am
Low humidity: 49% at 3:00pm

From National Weather Service: National Weather Service Climate
Thanks for getting this date also. I just looked again..the altercation was Tuesday the third, night time, and children deceased by noon on the fourth. Looking at the low temps, the night time might have been okay for the babies (to me, the two year old is a baby..). So, how quickly did it heat up in the a.m. In order to cause death of both, if indeed heat is the cause? also, I wonder if anything was in place to impede airflow, as in the case of carbon monoxide...

I hate to even think about this, let alone type it out, but I remember from the Cooper Harris case that hot car deaths are not peaceful, but pure torment. So I hope whatever happened to these babies was something that would not have caused them pain or fear. :( God bless their little souls.

I hate to even think about this, let alone type it out, but I remember from the Cooper Harris case that hot car deaths are not peaceful, but pure torment. So I hope whatever happened to these babies was something that would not have caused them pain or fear. :( God bless their little souls.
I've been thinking of Cooper throughout this case too.
:(

I am now believing no way was mom in that car with her children. None of this makes sense. Car running at 9:30 a.m. With no one spotted (if she was asleep in the car, where was she? Two kids in car seats don't leave much room for stretching out. Think about it, if you were going to sleep with your kids, in a car, how would you really do that??). I think she may well have been in the house trying to figure out what to do. It might be interesting to see a search history in her phone or iPad for that time frame. I am sorry to have so much speculating going on in my brain!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966
Back