GUILTY MO - Jennifer Rothwell, 28, pregnant, murdered, St. Louis County, 12 Nov 2019 *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who Offered Reward? Will Anyone Claim?
https://molawyersmedia.com/2019/11/15/police-bloody-carpet-found-in-missing-missouri-womans-home/
Nov 15, 2019 "...Her family is offering a $25,000 reward for any information that leads to her whereabouts..."
@Seattle1 :) sbm bbm Thanks for you post and link.
Someone asked who offered reward. Someone said, it was his family. Per above, her family.
Now w this claim of Beau "cooperating" w LE, do you suppose.....................?

No, no, NO, NO. Banish the thought.

Stressful time?
View attachment 216380
This was before they were married, just dating.... it was a joke I guess at the time..
@Gtcomo :) Wow, finding this.
Yes, before they were married. Also before they graduated, in 2013(?).
May 9, 2011. So, if they were still at uni, could it be ~ final exam time.
If so, could be very stressful time.
Or stress could be from another cause.
As you say, @Gtcomo, his response could be a joke, to her sincere post re her feeling.
Just possibilities.

ID of Remains. Dental Records?
Creepy and prophetic :(
I'm also sad that after such a short time, they have to ID her with a DNA test. No dental records?
@Knox :)
Is it possible LE received dental records for her, but wanted to have ID made thru DNA testing, so the $%^&* husband and his defense team do not try at a later point, perhaps even on appeal, to dispute her identity?
Maybe even necessitating disinterment?
IIRC, early on LE contacted her parents and secured their DNA, to match blood in home's carpet against their DNA samples.
IIRC Jennifer started attending U of MO ~ 2009(?). Is it possible any dentists she had seen in, say ~ past 10 years, were not known by name to the parents?
So possibly they could not provide LE w dentists' names quickly? I wonder what role HIPAA played in this delay (if any).
Maybe other factors as well.
jmo.

Creepy and prophetic :(

I'm also sad that after such a short time, they have to ID her with a DNA test. No dental records?

Investigators previously determined the blood found in the carpet at her home belonged to JR from DNA samples obtained from her parents.

I don't think there's anything unusual here about using DNA for a positive ID. The coroner is tasked with the official positive ID protocol and it appears they already had a sample to work with. MOO

Police have not disclosed a potential motive. Beau Rothwell’s attorney has declined comment.

Beau and Jennifer Rothwell earned chemical engineering degrees from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2013. They married in 2015 in St. Louis County.

Before his arrest, Beau Rothwell posted on Facebook and asked for help in the search for his missing wife.

“Some of you may have heard already, but last night my wife Jennifer went missing,” his post said. “I’ve filed a police report and the search is ongoing. Please, if you hear of anything or have any information it would be greatly appreciated.”

Jennifer Rothwell’s family offered a $25,000 reward for information leading to her whereabouts.

KMOV reported that Jennifer Rothwell’s mother, Robin von Hausen, said her daughter had just moved to western St. Louis County with her husband and worked at DuPont.

“It’s horrible for things like this to end this way, but the fact of the matter was we didn’t have good news last week and we felt it would lead us to this outcome. But it’s good for the community and for Jennifer’s family and for her memory to have this wrapped up,” Belmar said.
Authorities: Body found in search for missing Missouri woman

Police find body in Lincoln County believed to be missing St. Louis County woman

11/19/19

Bell said that authorities do not have any information regarding “the how or the why, yet,” in the case.

Police believe Beau Rothwell killed his wife sometime on Nov. 11. He was seen on surveillance video that day buying bleach and other cleaning supplies at a local store. He reported her missing the next day, saying he had last seen her leaving for work that morning.

Her car was abandoned near Fee Fee Road and Olive Boulevard, about 1½ miles from her home on Northwinds Drive.

In court documents, police said they found multiple bottles of bleach inside the couple’s home just north of Creve Coeur, along with a wet carpet and blood-stained carpet and padding.

Let me guess. He was unemployed and lying to his wife about it and things were coming to a head so like Mark Hacking or Neil Entwhistle he decided the best way out of his problems was murder?

Let me guess. He was unemployed and lying to his wife about it and things were coming to a head so like Mark Hacking or Neil Entwhistle he decided the best way out of his problems was murder?

That's the odds-on favorite for me, too, especially based on recent similar murders that have been explained that way.
Also, based on recent cases, I see a few defense scenarios now that her body has been found:
He killed her in self defense
There was a horrible accident and he panicked, assuming that no one would believe his story.
He was sleep walking
He was intoxicated and blacked out and can't recall how she ended up dead
Someone else killed her, he panicked, etc...
She threatened to harm him/his family
I hope that his defense doesn't offer any of those scenarios, but I also won't be shocked if they do.
I was wrong about where he put the body, so I'm likely wrong about the above, as well
IMO

wheel-thumbnail.jpg
Join me now in saying that we will not stand for violence against women! If you want to make Jennifer's death count for something, spread the message that domestic violence, particularly against women, is not okay. Speak out and be heard. And if someone shows, threatens, attempts or acts in violence toward you or someone you love, don't let it go. Get away as soon as it's safe and report it.

Is/Was Beau Unemployed?
. @gitana1 :) Agreeing ^ is likely.

One thing - does anyone here know if he was unemployed at time of her death? Link?
(I'm guessing if he was employed then, he is not employed there any longer. No snarc)
I got impression that his racquetball buddy, (Steve F? interviewed on St. L tv stn several days ago) worked at same company as Beau, but I'm not sure. If the buddy said anything about Beau's employment status, I missed it.
Anyone?

Good examples, gitana1. Another one, in 1971, John List,* w unemployment & money probs, seeming to prompt husband to murder wife. No other obvious similarities, but a thing going waaaay back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*. After bank closure or his being fired, for months, he got up every morning, dressed for work, left house as if going to ofc, went and sat all day in public place like train station, went home every evening. Nov 1971, shot & killed wife, their 3 kids, his mother, left the state. Crime unsolved for years. Started new life, low key, steady job, got married. In 1989 was identified on America's Most Wanted, Season 1. 1990 conviction on all 5 murders, first degree. 2008, died in prison.
^ info from John List - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Is/Was Beau Unemployed?
. @gitana1 :) Agreeing ^ is likely.
One thing - does anyone here know if he was unemployed at time of her death? Link?
(I'm guessing if he was employed then, he is not employed there any longer. No snarc)
I got impression that his racquetball buddy, (Steve F? interviewed on St. L tv stn several days ago) worked at same company as Beau, but I'm not sure. If the buddy said anything about Beau's employment status, I missed it.
Anyone?

Good examples, gitana1. Another one, in 1971, John List,* w unemployment & money probs, seeming to prompt husband to murder wife. No other obvious similarities, but a thing going waaaay back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*. After being bank closed or his being fired, for months, he got up every morning, dressed for work, left house as if going to ofc, went and sat all day in public place like train station, went home every evening. Nov 1971, shot & killed wife, their 3 kids, his mother, left the state. Crime unsolved for years. Started new life, low key, steady job, got married. In 1989 was identified on America's Most Wanted, Season 1. 1990 conviction on all 5 murders, first degree. 2008, died in prison.
^ info from John List - Wikipedia

"List gave critical financial problems, as well as his perception that his family members were straying from their religious faith, as his rationale for the murders. He reasoned that killing them would assure their souls a place in Heaven, where he hoped to eventually join them"

Then why didn't he kill himself as well? He will not be joining them in heaven. Like I don't get it, why not just leave them, why bother killing them. Too many evil people in this world.

Police ID body found in Lincoln County as Jennifer Rothwell

Nov 20, 2019

Belmar, alongside Prosecuting Attorney Wesley Bell, said detectives were walking a certain part of Highway 61. The police chief said he suspects Beau Rothwell dumped his wife's body in the very early morning hours Tuesday. bbm

]...]

They believed Jennifer's body wouldn't be too far from the side of the highway.

Additionally, Belmar said there was no obvious connection between Beau Rothwell and this area of Lincoln County.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back