GUILTY MO - Jennifer Rothwell, 28, pregnant, murdered, St. Louis County, 12 Nov 2019 *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m also surprised this case isn’t attracting more traffic.
These are stations out of St. Louis County and even they have very few views in relation. It’s really sad. Are we becoming a bit calloused to hearing such evil in the world all the time? Is there so much of it where we can’t even keep up with the very world around us now?:
Friend stunned by murder accusation against Beau Rothwell
Timeline: Police believe they found the body of a woman who disappeared nearly a week ago
Group gathers to remember Jennifer Rothwell on her 29th birthday
My guess is this case isn't getting as much attention because he was forced to confess so quickly after being spotted on camera surveillance buying bleach and cleaning supplies. If Jennifer had been "missing" a few more days, and Beau would have been doing the Chris Watts/Scott Peterson (faux) sob tour, or being nasty to the press (Patrick Frazee), media coverage would have likely dragged on and intensified a bit more. Once he confessed and her body was located, national attention seems to have waned a bit.

I know what you are saying though -- and it is sad. At one time, this could have been on all the headline stories. I'm not sure if it's because there have just been so many, or so it seems, that the shock value has worn off and we are more immune. Almost like all the mass shootings. Or if it's that for whatever reasons, some cases just get more attention than others.

An MSM piece (sorry, can' remember which) I read this a.m. said (paraphrasing)-
This case unfolded in an unusual way. Then article continues w the sequence of missing person report, LE questioning husband, discovery of (blood) evd in home, discovery of store vid w husband w cleaning supplies, arrest of husband, more LE questioning, husband's confession, LE finding remains, husband having affair, wife pregnant.

Unusual? Those are the ten basic steps. The outline for countless deaths. Some more well known than others. Some w a few steps scrambled in different order. Sometimes the store vid gets skipped. But sooooo predictable. Over and over. And over. Sad, sad, sad. Unbelievably sad.

And you know, maybe keep their freedom and not spend the rest of their lives in prison. I just don't get how they think this is going to end well for them.

I'll never understand why they think they'll get away with it....having an affair, wife's pregnant...kill and leave all kinds of incriminating evidence....f'n idiots and a big loss to society of highly competent people.

Oh wow. And of course the husband was having an affair. That seems to be the pattern doesn't it?

ST. LOUIS COUNTY — Jennifer Rothwell was pregnant and her husband was having an affair when police say he murdered her, according to a source close to the investigation.
How awful for her parents, they also lost a grandchild!

I'll never understand why they think they'll get away with it....having an affair, wife's pregnant...kill and leave all kinds of incriminating evidence....f'n idiots and a big loss to society of highly competent people.
It's like they think their spouse is so easily discardable, a problem that they just want to go away, that they fail to see that the person is a loved, cherished human being by so many people - families, friends, colleagues, community. PEOPLE ARE GOING TO NOTICE AND CARE AND LOOK FOR THEM AND RELENTLESSLY SEEK AND DEMAND ANSWERS WHEN THEY "GO MISSING."

It's absolutely mind-boggling they think they can just say the wife/fiance/girlfriend "went missing" and they think the police will just slap up a few flyers around the neighborhood and then everyone will just forget and life will go back to normal.

What Are They Thinking?
....they think they can just say the wife/fiance/girlfriend "went missing" and they think the police will just slap up a few flyers around the neighborhood and then everyone will just forget and life will go back to normal.
@scdiv :)

As you said, seems they even want LE to slap up the posters, like some of them can't be bothered.

Just speculating here.

They must be lacking an ability to bond with and love others, to end the life of not only their partner but own unborn baby.

They would do this to avoid paying child support?

Or they think they have a right to control their wives who maybe want out of the unhealthy marriage?

If you're an empty shell inside who can't actually connect with others, maybe that's the beginning of being capable of this.

Both in their late twenties, married just under 5 years and the wife falls pregnant. For most this would be a scenario they dream of as kids :(
And both with engineering degrees which I’m sure was not easy - I think these men are arrogant - they don’t think of consequences IMO and it seems like every time a woman goes missing I’m just now assuming it is their SO that did it - sad for sure - makes one scared for their daughters now as I’m sure he seemed relatively normal to her family - like all the others ...
JMO

This story just keeps getting worse and sadder all the time. The last STL Today article says she was found nude in the woods. WTH. He obviously had absolutely no respect for her. How do things change in a marriage and get that bad? Just leave....walk away....run away. You wont get away by trying to do anything else. I dont get it and never will.

Of course her being pregnant makes it all that much worse.

I still dont think BR was employed at this time. Everytime an article recaps the story they usually state where she worked. I dont recall any article that stated where he works.

Doesn't really matter now....since he is probably no longer employed at this point.

I will see if I can find a link but I think they worked for the same company.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back