Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Posters have asked if JF committed suicide, why didn't he drive himself to the Lake? Maybe his intent was to leave behind no evidence that he killed himself. <modsnip> He shoots himself in the lake, gun drops into the lake. If gun is found, his prints would likely be washed off. (A theory among many theories. Opinion only.)
I've thought on this a bit more. JF is an educated man, and IMO would know more about what happens to the human body after death than the average person. He would have to of know his body would surface and be found in the lake. And with the abundance of crimal shows on tv I think most people have an understanding that gun shot wounds can be analysed to see the trajectory and how they came to be. If this is suicide, I don't think the aim was to make it look like it wasn't, as that doesn't make sense to me

Last edited by a moderator:
I've thought on this a bit more. JF is an educated man, and IMO would know more about what happens to the human body after death than the average person. He would have to of know his body would surface and be found in the lake. And with the abundance of crimal shows on tv I think most people have an understanding that gun shot wounds can be analysed to see the trajectory and how they came to be. If this is suicide, I don't think the aim was to make it look like it wasn't, as that doesn't make sense to me
I agree JF was an educated man and certainly aware his body would likely surface and be discovered in the lake if he shot himself there. That would happen in the case of suicide as well as homicide.

As for the trajectory of the gun shot, if he placed gun to head and shot himself in the temple, wouldn't trajectory be about the same as if someone else placed gun to his temple and shot him?

As I said, this is just another theory among many other theories. During the first several months after the crime I was completely convinced JF was murdered. As more and more information and speculation was brought to light, suicide became more logical. Anxiously waiting autopsy and toxicology reports. It will be a relief to be presented with some facts. Just my opinion.

I agree JF was an educated man and certainly aware his body would likely surface and be discovered in the lake if he shot himself there. That would happen in the case of suicide as well as homicide.

As for the trajectory of the gun shot, if he placed gun to head and shot himself in the temple, wouldn't trajectory be about the same as if someone else placed gun to his temple and shot him?

As I said, this is just another theory among many other theories. During the first several months after the crime I was completely convinced JF was murdered. As more and more information and speculation was brought to light, suicide became more logical. Anxiously waiting autopsy and toxicology reports. It will be a relief to be presented with some facts. Just my opinion.

And I agree JF was an educated man.
And I do believe we all have educated opinions. And my current opinion is "anything is possible"

IF suicide, I can really see him decide that he wanted it to be clean and not gruesome for his loved ones.

And he would clearly know where to point a gun to keep it ambiguous.

And he could have also thought that perhaps he would stay under water for a longer amount of time.
There have been lots of drowning in that lake.

I keep thinking there may be digital evidence on one of his multiple phones.... like " where is the most current on Beaver Lake". But if he knew enough about hiding phone data, he could have even covered this one.

Last edited:
I agree, it seems silly to even try unless there was an insurance policy dependent on it NOT being self inflicted.

I have questions about the dangling over a bridge during the kidnapping. I cannot think of a single bridge in Barry county that has water running under it with enough volume to drop someone in without serious harm. There are no rivers or lakes and the creek in Cassville is only navigable in heavy flooding. This may seem trivial but with Missouri’s waterway laws any non navigable water crossing is private property unless along a highway. This leads me to believe this didn’t occur anywhere near where he worked.

Per Cassville Democrat and property tax recordsJF had addresses in both Pierce City and Springfield which are Lawrence and Greene Counties. He was found across the line in Benton County AR where bridges and water deep enough to swim in are available.

If LE indicates a homicide is likely I’d start looking on the AR side of the line, particularly down the miles of dirt road you’d have to drive to get from Cassville to Beaver Lake without being caught on camera.

Leaning heavily toward suicide now. If you want to die of a self-inflicted gunshot wound but not leave a mess, a body of water is a smart place to accomplish that . Sorry for the graphic statement. (No disrespect to JR or his loved ones intended).

Thanks DeDee.

Just trying to think "around" what you have constructed in the timeline... IMO, of course.

The exact time of the text that JF sent to L B exists. MY guess is that it is probably just before the 6:59 return text from Laura, but we do not know for certain. ???? And with no response back after 6:59AM, what kind of panic was she in all day????? Why was NOTHING done all day before he was supposed to report for work at 7pm. It is hard to believe she talked to NO ONE all day.
LB does know more.

IF the info that Grey Hughes apparently got from hospital employee/s --- saying that JF actually MET LB at the Auquatics Center--- adds question to the 6:59AM call. Why would it matter if he didnt respond, IF they actually met?????
LE does know more.

Can someone share, more precisely, how close we are to that date LE gave, for having the autopsy data available? Seems to be the only factual data we can expect in the near future.
For payroll purposes time clock software
Hospital staff is typically on a time clock with the time 7 minutes before duty and until 7 minutes after the shift being a grace period or, iow, it will clock in on the hour. If one clocks in more than 7 (or 5m as some may grace 5) minutes after the hour, total hours are docked or 15 full minute increments are deducted.

Not sure if Cassville ER doctors punch the clock but let's assume he did. Based on this theory, Dr Forsyth could have clocked out of the ER as early as 6:52am and still receive earnings credit for the full hour. Adversely, he could clock out at 7:07am, and his hours paid would show he worked until 7am.

Personally, I suspect Doc departed the ER just before the 7 o'clock hour since it takes a cpl of minutes to walk to his RV; however, I do not think he left before his replacement arrived. Hence, MY time is the same as yours. 6:59am

From some time after he vanished, I'm fairly certain there was stuff being done and concern growing that has not made it into MSM. So, when he didn't report to work at 7pm, family and friends were alarmed enough to file a MP report bc until that time, the Doc had never missed a single shift.

Also, we were told it would be 2-3 months after the autopsy that was performed on MAY 31 before results would be released. It's been 6 weeks today.

JMHO

We just really don't know, do we?
Imagine what his poor family is going through.

If LE suspects suicide, I certainly hope they've made that clear to family and that they are just maintaining privacy for the family. We will never hear anything unless family speaks up.

If LE suspect foul play, I hope they've made THAT clear to the family and I presume they will keep things under wraps until the investigation is over.

So either way, best case is we, the general public, won't know anything unless it is foul play and not until they have an arrest. So we will likely be sitting here debating suicide/foul play back and forth for quite a while.

I can see both sides of the argument.

For payroll purposes time clock software
Hospital staff is typically on a time clock with the time 7 minutes before duty and until 7 minutes after the shift being a grace period or, iow, it will clock in on the hour. If one clocks in more than 7 (or 5m as some may grace 5) minutes after the hour, total hours are docked or 15 full minute increments are deducted.

Not sure if Cassville ER doctors punch the clock but let's assume he did. Based on this theory, Dr Forsyth could have clocked out of the ER as early as 6:52am and still receive earnings credit for the full hour. Adversely, he could clock out at 7:07am, and his hours paid would show he worked until 7am.

Personally, I suspect Doc departed the ER just before the 7 o'clock hour since it takes a cpl of minutes to walk to his RV; however, I do not think he left before his replacement arrived. Hence, MY time is the same as yours. 6:59am

From some time after he vanished, I'm fairly certain there was stuff being done and concern growing that has not made it into MSM. So, when he didn't report to work at 7pm, family and friends were alarmed enough to file a MP report bc until that time, the Doc had never missed a single shift.

Thanks DeDee. I didn’t think to ask who filed the missing person report. But no one in the family (I can’t speak for Laura B., and I’m not privy to her thoughts that day) had any idea Johnny was missing until the staff at the ER became concerned.

Also, we were told it would be 2-3 months after the autopsy that was performed on MAY 31 before results would be released. It's been 6 weeks today.

JMHO

We just really don't know, do we?
Imagine what his poor family is going through.

If LE suspects suicide, I certainly hope they've made that clear to family and that they are just maintaining privacy for the family. We will never hear anything unless family speaks up.

If LE suspect foul play, I hope they've made THAT clear to the family and I presume they will keep things under wraps until the investigation is over.

So either way, best case is we, the general public, won't know anything unless it is foul play and not until they have an arrest. So we will likely be sitting here debating suicide/foul play back and forth for quite a while.

I can see both sides of the argument.
LE has not shared with the family where the investigation may be leaning.

LE has not shared with the family where the investigation may be leaning.
Thanks @Brown bear . Well, then that tells me that the investigation is ongoing and that they likely suspect foul play. Otherwise they would have told family that their investigation was wrapped up by now, or would have at least said that's what they believed.

How'd he get from Cassville to Beaver Lake is a huge question??? Why Beaver when Table Rock is closer???
I think you have to start wondering about what connection he or the person that could be involved had to Beaver Lake. I don't think this lake was just a random lake (if it was, Table Rock would have been more convenient).

I think you have to start wondering about what connection he or the person that could be involved had to Beaver Lake. I don't think this lake was just a random lake (if it was, Table Rock would have been more convenient).

Are there different population considerations? Or lake deepness, or currents?

I must admit, the two lakes do look like similarly narrow and spreading inlets.

Found this interesting statement on Google Maps regarding Beaver Lake. i learned something, here.
The lake has turned over several times in the last couple of weeks. What would cause this. I fish this lake quite often and it usually only does it once in the fall and once in the spring.

Are there different population considerations? Or lake deepness, or currents?

I must admit, the two lakes do look like similarly narrow and spreading inlets.

Found this interesting statement on Google Maps regarding Beaver Lake. i learned something, here.
The lake has turned over several times in the last couple of weeks. What would cause this. I fish this lake quite often and it usually only does it once in the fall and once in the spring.

If his death is the result of foul play, Beaver Lake might be a preferred choice for a killer due to less traffic, fewer people. Table Rock Lake, especially at that time of year, is a popular vacation/recreation destination. It's more developed, probably with more police and security.

Wait what?! Where was this reported?
Early on, his brother made a somewhat cryptic comment that he could think of one person with a motive to harm JF, but that person was in Europe. No specific information was offered.

The previouly unreported alleged kidnapping is worrisome. The details of that could be a potential match to what may have happened. Supposedly he was driven around, taken to a bridge and threatened with being shot and thrown in the water. Possibly the same people returned and finished the job. It is also possible that the story, whose source in unidentified, may have created a diversionary tale to throw LE off the trail.
This is what I was referring to. I assumed it was from the radio interview with RF.

If his death is the result of foul play, Beaver Lake might be a preferred choice for a killer due to less traffic, fewer people. Table Rock Lake, especially at that time of year, is a popular vacation/recreation destination. It's more developed, probably with more police and security.
2.4 million visitors to Beaver Lake, 355,000 on table rock. Beaver is busier, more accessible (most of table rock shoreline is private property), larger and shallower. Hope that helps answer your questions.

Beaver Lake stats
Table Rock Lake stats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024