MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like July won't be the month we find out. Hopefully by fall we know for certain.

Bumping for Kara, where are the results, where is Kara?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I was so hoping we'd have answers by now. I guess it has been only four months since the girls were found, but it seems like much longer. They said back in April the process could take about two months, so they are about two months past that time frame now. Still having a hard time believing it's already August. http://www.kmbz.com/articles/identification-skeletal-remains-could-come-much-sooner-expected

I don't want to dump on LE and the investigators because I know that they put in a lot of time and effort, and I know that their work has to take a deep emotional toll but I feel like this should have been fast tracked through the system somehow. I understand that there are a lot of cases to process right now, but for love. We need answers! Kara needs justice. Ten years is long enough.

I'm local to these cases and we've heard from the beginning that it could take up to 12 months to positively identify the second set of remains.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This isn't anything to do with law enforcement. What this comes down to is what state the remains were in when found. If KY did anything to destroy the skull they could literally be putting a jigsaw puzzle back together that may not all be there. He could have burned her remains which would could possibly destroy a vast amount of DNA or it could be similar circumstances to Grateful Doe where the first test were inconclusive and had to be tested again. I really feel like LE with this case has been incredibly thorough and has dotted their Is and crossed their Ts to make sure they get the conviction.

I'm local as well. We heard it could take a year, but we also heard it could take two months to identify the remains. The frustration comes in because those local to this case, and anyone anywhere else who has been following the girls' cases knows who the guilty party is and justice has been too slowly served. So much time and still so few answers. Ten years and it seems like we are not much closer to finding concrete answers. It's not wrong to wish it had been fast tracked.

As I said before, I understand and respect the tremendous amount of work that goes into these cases. I also mentioned investigators, which includes forensics. I know how it works. It's a slow moving process and it takes patience and dedication to get results. It has to be especially difficult in high profile cases like this where everyone is watching every movement. I know - or at least hope - they are taking their time and making sure they have a solid case. Kara's case was poorly handled for ten years. That's why we also have Jessica's case to contend with, and also why KY so brazenly thinks he can get away with all of the evil things that he does as long as he stands before a court and promises to be a good boy. He's been enabled by the system. Instead of protecting his victims, it has allowed him to be the criminal that he is. And who knows how many others he's connected to that we just don't know about because there's no obvious link. So, yeah, I am a little skeptical until I see results. Sorry, but I've seen crime stats rise too high in this area and too many cases go south just this year alone to completely trust that all will go as it should.

I am hearing reports here in Kansas that Kara's remains have been identified...will reply with a link as soon as I can get one :please:

Breaking news in KC from Channel 9 that 2nd body found in rural Cass County (along with Jessica Runions remains) has been id'd as Kara Kopetsky.

Confirmed: http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...rural-cass-county-identified-as-kara-kopetsky

From Link: KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Law enforcement sources said human remains found in rural Cass County in April have been identified as Kara Kopetsky.
Two sets of remains were found in April 2017. The other human remains were identified as Jessica Runions, who was last seen on September 8, 2016. Her death is being investigated as a homicide.

Her Mom is going to speak in about 45 minutes

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Confirmed: http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...rural-cass-county-identified-as-kara-kopetsky

From Link: KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Law enforcement sources said human remains found in rural Cass County in April have been identified as Kara Kopetsky.
Two sets of remains were found in April 2017. The other human remains were identified as Jessica Runions, who was last seen on September 8, 2016. Her death is being investigated as a homicide.

Oh, wow! Finally, what we all pretty much knew. Thank you for the update. I really hope KY gets what he deserves!!!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I love that yellow "Identified" notification that now appears next to the thread title. :heartbeat:

I am in tears. Happiness for her family, and also grief that everything we feared has come to pass. I will never forget Kara and Jessica.

Now the gloves are off. I expect charges to be brought against Kylr very soon, and I hope it's capital murder.

I am in tears. Happiness for her family, and also grief that everything we feared has come to pass. I will never forget Kara and Jessica.

Now the gloves are off. I expect charges to be brought against Kylr very soon, and I hope it's capital murder.

Me too, Vail. Me too. Tears, chills. Happiness that she's identified. Sadness for all that has been lost between Kara's and Jessica's families. Relieved that they can move forward for vindication and justice. Kylr's gonna get his, this side or the other. I hope they throw the book at him. Death penalty. Double life with no possibility of parole. Of course the evidence may not be there for that, but one can hope. :)

The long wait is finally over for Kara's family.

May justice be swift and harsh!

RIP Kara!
:rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads