MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mushroom hunters are on a roll this spring .
de67b43ba8334ef19cf0484a87fb2b3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was mushroom hunters who found Maria Ridulph's body back in the '50s too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

It was mushroom hunters who found Maria Ridulph's body back in the '50s too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

And her murderer got off 1 year ago Saturday [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://fox4kc.com/2017/04/06/classm...ring-charismatic-person-he-wished-to-emulate/

Her past prom date? You couldn't get her live-in boyfriend to say anything?!

I'd like to hear from him as well, but I'm sure he's having an incredibly difficult time processing all of this. Not only has the love of his life been murdered, but the murderer was someone he considered to be a friend for apparently a very long time. I'm sure we'll hear from him when he feels the time is right and he's capable of doing so.

I'd like to hear from him as well, but I'm sure he's having an incredibly difficult time processing all of this. Not only has the love of his life been murdered, but the murderer was someone he considered to be a friend for apparently a very long time. I'm sure we'll hear from him when he feels the time is right and he's capable of doing so.

Not only that but a few thing is one we don't know What Jessica's and JMs relationship was like, or what the status of if was. There are still so many circumstances with her murder and disappearance that is up in the air. We now know she was murdered and we have a really good idea who did it but what led up to it has yet to be revealed.
Also I think there is a good chance that JM is going to be a major witness for the prosecution. If so we def do not want the defense to know what he has to say before it's said.

I've always thought that Karas murder was planned due to his pending charges from her, then I read the article about her last phone call and it put my thoughts in a tailspin. Why would he allow her to call someone and say she was with him if he was planning on killing her later that day? That's what gave me pause on it being premediateted.

Like you I also believe he is likely a sociopath however thebpart that again had me second guessing was him supposedly confessing his love for Jessica the night of her disappearance. The descriptions of what he said sounded almost child like. Then again I'm sure a sociopath can also wish for the white picket fence life also.

I don't think he has a chance with the insanity defense. It's rarely if ever successful when used firstly but then his little snarky attitude to the reporters seemed to clearly show he knows right from wrong and just didn't care what he did, he was only upset he was caught. That's also why I think in large part that a chance of an honest confession will never happen. He'd very much the child that's been caught and will just continue to lie no matter what.

Maybe he didn't know she was calling that guy? We know she was afraid of him, but to what extent it's hard to say. Maybe she was trying to invite the guy for insurance, just in case KY tried to do something someone else would be there and KY couldn't reject the guy because they were friends. Hard to know what happened there. Sociopaths are in some ways childlike because they don't have the capacity to process or even feel emotions beyond a superficial level. If he's a sociopath, he wasn't really dreaming about the white picket fence and fairy tale ending like most people who are truly in love would. He's sort of copying what he sees others doing that he thinks is a normal way to act. For a sociopath, it's about control, not love, and it seems his form of love was obsession. I think he was obsessed with her from the beginning. He saw her good heart and open personality and saw it as an opportunity to control and manipulate. He's scum, a monster, regardless of any professional diagnosis he may get. I too think he will continue with the whole "i don't know what happened, i had nothing to do with it" crap. It's worked for so long, why stop now.

Not only that but a few thing is one we don't know What Jessica's and JMs relationship was like, or what the status of if was. There are still so many circumstances with her murder and disappearance that is up in the air. We now know she was murdered and we have a really good idea who did it but what led up to it has yet to be revealed.
Also I think there is a good chance that JM is going to be a major witness for the prosecution. If so we def do not want the defense to know what he has to say before it's said.

It's possible he's been told not to speak to the press because he is a protected witness. His social media is absent of much mention of Jess in the past several months. The case is sealed. Perhaps he is one of the reasons why.

Maybe he didn't know she was calling that guy? We know she was afraid of him, but to what extent it's hard to say. Maybe she was trying to invite the guy for insurance, just in case KY tried to do something someone else would be there and KY couldn't reject the guy because they were friends. Hard to know what happened there. Sociopaths are in some ways childlike because they don't have the capacity to process or even feel emotions beyond a superficial level. If he's a sociopath, he wasn't really dreaming about the white picket fence and fairy tale ending like most people who are truly in love would. He's sort of copying what he sees others doing that he thinks is a normal way to act. For a sociopath, it's about control, not love, and it seems his form of love was obsession. I think he was obsessed with her from the beginning. He saw her good heart and open personality and saw it as an opportunity to control and manipulate. He's scum, a monster, regardless of any professional diagnosis he may get. I too think he will continue with the whole "i don't know what happened, i had nothing to do with it" crap. It's worked for so long, why stop now.

Her fears must have been pretty deep because she had a restraining order against KY before she went missing.

That is what baffles me. She had a restraining order but in that call she made it sounded like she was calm and not in fear. As an adult I don't get it. However trying to put myself back to being 17 I felt invincible and I didn't think anyone around me was a bad person. I just felt like they did stupid things sometimes. Fast forward 15 years and most of the people I hung out with are dead or in prison for violent crimes or drugs. I really think she thought he would change or had changed. I think they left with the intentions of hanging out together. I think later in the day the restraining order came up and he lost it and killed Kara.

Thats at least what I hope happened. I hope that she did not spend that last day in total fear knowing, being hurt by KY. I hope it was quick. I really think she did care about KY and just didn't realize she was with a sociopath.

That is what baffles me. She had a restraining order but in that call she made it sounded like she was calm and not in fear. As an adult I don't get it. However trying to put myself back to being 17 I felt invincible and I didn't think anyone around me was a bad person. I just felt like they did stupid things sometimes. Fast forward 15 years and most of the people I hung out with are dead or in prison for violent crimes or drugs. I really think she thought he would change or had changed. I think they left with the intentions of hanging out together. I think later in the day the restraining order came up and he lost it and killed Kara.

Thats at least what I hope happened. I hope that she did not spend that last day in total fear knowing, being hurt by KY. I hope it was quick. I really think she did care about KY and just didn't realize she was with a sociopath.

Abuse can be a weird thing. It's very complex in how it affects the victim.

I think they left with the intentions of hanging out together. I think later in the day the restraining order came up and he lost it and killed Kara.

Obviously I wasn't there but I feel the same. In my (creative) mind he wanted to "hang out" with her and try to talk her out of the restraining order. Then something went wrong, maybe she said something along the lines that she was done with it all, and he snapped. Her meeting up with him in my mind was maybe for her a way to say goodbye, end things in a semi positive way and that's why I think she invited her friend to come along just in case Kylr would loose it.

I think she thought she could change him, or help him to be better. When I was younger I know I used to think that way. I still do to some extent and I think most women do, it's just that you reach a certain age and you start to realize people are going to be who they're going to be and they're only going to change if they really want to be better. I think Kara really loved and cared about him and she thought he really cared for her. When you're 17 and just figuring out the world, it's difficult to differentiate between real love and jealousy and control. She feared him to some extent, but maybe she felt he needed her. He did say in one of those very early interviews about Kara, when he mentioned taking a polygraph, that he made her leave the room so he could commit suicide and that's why he had a mark on his arm. I believe that was an attempt to deflect from the issue at hand and bring sympathy back around to him, but it's possible he threatened her either with hurting her or himself if she tried to leave him. To my knowledge, the restraining order wasn't official yet either, as the court had not approved it. The court date was set for May 10. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...ark-six-years-missing/?utm_term=.0a0c08090881

this is what I think. I also thionk the RO was mom's idea, for good reason obviously but I think Kara still cared for him unfortunately.

Some ppl file for RO for no reason, or to get something they want. my husband's ex has filed tons. on all three of her children's fathers (to gain the upper hand in custody) on her married lover's wife (to make life difficult for him and her, he was a cop) on a man she borrowed money from and didn't want to pay and another man she borrowed a laptop from that she didn't want to return. it isn't necessarily fear. although I have no doubt Rhonda was afraid of the guy.

I would also assume LE has asked him not to speak to the media. That's pretty common. He doesn't have to listen to them, but it's great if he is.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

This is all speculation but my gut feeling is that she sort of adores/adored him in certain ways and might be making up things. My guess also is she did this picture thing without him knowing so it could very well be he was in jail at that time. (Isn't it creepy how many people liked that picture though? Most likely -I hope- they don't know his background but scary to think this could have happened in real life too. I guess what I'm trying to say is that obviously I really hope there are no more victims.)
I don't think I saw that. What picture and who is she?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member