MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing her the way you do, Do you think she would have gotten into a truck with EH if he asked her to? Like maybe if he hung around at her work and she saw him before, it's been rumored that she wanted to ditch school that day and no one wanted to come with her. So I guess I'm just trying to guage if she was the type to be bold enough to get into a car with a guy she didn't know just for kicks....not being judgmental (hell when I was that age I would've done it!) just trying to work out some things!

Do people generally go out in groups to smoke or is it normal for people to go out alone and is the smoking corner near a public street??

Its hard to think like a 17 yr old when you get this old, I wonder what Kara thought of the small town, and if she longed to get out of there.

Hey I run the findkarakopetsky myspace site....so if you have any questions feel free to ask and i will answer them if i am able to.

Im not exactly sure what i am doing on here yet so bare w/ me. :)

Welcome, FKK.

I am sorry for what you, your friends and Kara's family are going through. You have all been in all of our prayers.

I live in Lenexa and wish there was something more I could do. I have printed and posted flyers just about everywhere I have been. Is there something more we can do? If so, please ask.

Was he asked to take a polygraph test?
Or did he take one?

Yes he did take and pass a polygraph test...and he has been co-operative throughout the whole thing so there is no reason to believe that he knows anything...The only reason why they thought that he probably did was b/c less than a week b4 she went missing, he had tried to kidnap her...but fortunately she jumped out of his truck and called the police and they filed a restraining order.

FKK Is the boy whose myspace was posted here...name anyone?? Is that really one of Kara's good friends?

Greta is going to talk about Kara's disappearance and show a video ~ coming up soon!!! :D

Thank you & I am glad he passed it. A relief to everyone & one more person to cross off the list.

If you knew Kara, she is VERY outgoing and she can NOT keep her mouth shut about anything. I mean if she is thinking something her friends would definately know about it. So it is just odd that no one seems to know anything, b/c if she were planning something like that i am sure that she would have told someone.
We are praying that there is NO connection, but the reason why they say that there may be is b/c the two disappearances happened so close to eachother and Kelsey's body was found very close to Belton...and there is Hall looks a lot like the composite drawing that was done. But there is no actual proof that they are connected.
thank you :) I hope there isn't a connection either since Kelsey was found dead, but it was interesting to hear what Kara's mother said and I do agree that the composite drawing of the POI in Kara's case does resemble Hall.

Knowing her the way you do, Do you think she would have gotten into a truck with EH if he asked her to? Like maybe if he hung around at her work and she saw him before, it's been rumored that she wanted to ditch school that day and no one wanted to come with her. So I guess I'm just trying to guage if she was the type to be bold enough to get into a car with a guy she didn't know just for kicks....not being judgmental (hell when I was that age I would've done it!) just trying to work out some things!

Do people generally go out in groups to smoke or is it normal for people to go out alone and is the smoking corner near a public street??

Unfortunately Kara is a very trusting person and i wouldn't put it past her to do that....I mean if someone drove up and said hey im going here, do you want to come along...she may go with them just thinking that she would be back in time for work. But yes she would...I mean im not proud of it but her and i have done that b4 when we were hanging out and just wanted to go drive around town...now that i think back that was a stupid thing to do.

I think mine got lost at the bottom of the last page - I'm just wondering if FKK has an answer for this...

Hi Find Kara,

I'm sure you think about this a lot, do the family and friends have a theory to what they think happened? Do other locals suspect the ex-bf?

It is from 9:40am on May 4th according to Belton PD talking with Greta now. Video taken during 2nd period of class when she was supposed to be in class. Not permissable to simply get up and leave class. She didn't have a car, would get a ride with mother, friends or walk to school. Six miles from Kara's home to where Kelsey was found. No connection at this point per LE. Nothing leading to Edwin Hall being connected to Kara. Doesn't appear to be a run away.

I had heard from her parents tha she left at 10:30, but the interview on the news right now is saying that it was around 9:40 am

Brad Swanson from Belton. Tape at 9:40., not seen in next class. Her house is within walking distance.
Do not see connection with Kelsey case.

Greta:

Kara left by exit that does not have cameras.

Chance of runaway. No indication.

Person of interest. Talked to who they thought, no indication.

History of getting reason to leave class and would leave school.

Is there confirmation of what time her Mom delivered the book to the school? Did the book get there before that class? Did she use the excuse to go to the office to get the book then leave or the book arrived to late so she left rather then go to class without the book?

FKK - first of all just ignore my reposting of the message!!! Second - we all do things that we look back on and go "hey that might not have been the best choice" it's part of life. I've done the same thing. Now it happens I've made it to 36 and I'm fine....I was ONLY asking to see if she would have gotten in his truck. We don't even know for sure that EH is involved here. So let's not jump to conclusions. One thing I didn't understand is why Kara's family didn't decide to get a search team together and search the area around Longview Lake (I think that is what it's called, I live in PA so I'm not always clear on the area) if EH was involved they should not wait for him to admit that. Maybe getting a huge search party together and going and looking in the area they found Kelsey might be a good idea. Even though I know finding her there might not be the best results here. At least it would be some closure to the case. Honey, please don't think I was judging either of you for getting into cars with strangers. Hindsight is always 20/20 but please remember that no one is perfect. We all do things that a bit crazy when we are teenagers....this is NOT Kara's fault. Even if she got in someone's car that does NOT give them the right to take her or hurt her in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper