MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of Kara today. I want to post on her thread everyday, as I think of her daily. But there is NOTHING new. I mean, NOTHING. :(

http://www.kmbc.com/news/15803692/detail.html

3 bodies discovered along the banks of Blue River is Kansas. One woman and two men. Not many details except that they are in advanced state of decomposition.

I am hopeful that this has nothing to do with Kara, but wanted to post it to her thread just in case.

Only one month shy of a year since Kara went missing and there have been no real leads or answers. Thinking of Kara as always.

No, it has nothing to do with Kara. Hard to imagine she has been gone almost a year now. They have no leads because they are either not looking or they looked in the wrong places to begin with. :(

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/17369154.html
Police say they bodies were 34-year-old Mark Smith, 43-year-old
Jonnie Williams and 48-year-old Steven Turner.

No, it has nothing to do with Kara. Hard to imagine she has been gone almost a year now. They have no leads because they are either not looking or they looked in the wrong places to begin with. :(

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/17369154.html
Police say they bodies were 34-year-old Mark Smith, 43-year-old
Jonnie Williams and 48-year-old Steven Turner.

Thanks SS,
I was just about to post that update.
I keep hoping that Kara's won't turn into one of those cases that you wait and wait, and it never get's solved.
Kara is 18 now, you would think that if she was just a runaway, she would have called someone or come home by now. The only reasons I can see for her not doing that is A) Things were much worse at home than has been reported, i.e. some sort of abuse or B) She can't come home. IMO only of course. I have not seen any updates anywhere on Kara's case, and it seems most of the fund raisers have stopped also. Although maybe they are just not being advertised on the web.

Does anyone know if Kara's father Mike has been talked to about contacting TES? Or would it have to be Kara's mother since she had custody?

http://www.searchingforkara.com/Find Kara Kopetsky Events.htm

I believe this website was created by Kara's mother and stepfather.

There are some events "being planned" in April, May and June of this year, but no info yet, seeing as how we are almost a 1/3 of the way through April, I'm disappointed that this hasn't been updated. It should be a priority for them, especially if they are trying to raise money to aid in the "nonexistent" searches for Kara. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but I've grown quite jaded on this case.

I also found this forum where some of Kara's friends have posted. Post # 3 by Taylor on the 2nd page is interesting and is the same info that PHD gave me. I have not had the chance to read through all of this yet, so there may be more posts of interest here.

http://www.kcsr.org/viewtopic.php?t=135075&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

For anyone who can't view the site: Taylor basically states that Kara had called wanting to skip school and hang out. Then apparently Kylr answered her phone when Taylor called back, and told Taylor not to say anything about Kylr being with Kara that day.
(The wording is a little contradicting though)

Hey all,
Just wanted to post that I was going back to review Kara's thread, and decided to check out this link again to see if there were any new posts. It looks like the whole thread was deleted. Kind of odd.

I am glad her mother finally has done something for Kara. The photo page of Kara reinforces what I have always felt about this case. She was a happy, outgoing girl until around the time the step-father came into the picture (age 9). You can see a decline in her spirit from then on. It is so troubling to me that I am the only one who sees it. Look at her! It is written all over her!

You might be right SS. Studies show that teenage girls and even women tend to subconciously seek out b/f's that are like their father figures. Her stepfathers controlling character may have a lot to do with kara's choice in b/f's.

You might be right SS. Studies show that teenage girls and even women tend to subconciously seek out b/f's that are like their father figures. Her stepfathers controlling character may have a lot to do with kara's choice in b/f's.
I have to respectfully disagree with that as her father was still an active part of her life.

If you have ever seen an abused child turn from a happy go lucky person to an unhappy one...you would know what I am seeing in Kara in those photos. In all the photos I have seen...there is a definite turning point.

Bumping for Kara................

SS: If I've asked this question before, please forgive me. But has Kara's step-father taken a polygraph??

And why not? Shouldn't that be basic procedure for LE to perform, at least ask family members if they would??

You would have to ask LE. I have always felt they needed to take a serious look at him and imo...they haven't.

What stood out early on was the note on her bedroom door the day she went missing. It was signed leaving off his name entirely. It sounded apologetic and I have always felt this was a red flag. It told me possibly the relationship between Kara and the stepfather was not going well at the time of her disappearance and there could very well have been an argument.

Kara was about nine years old when he married her mother. This is close to when I see the changes in her photos. My question would have to be what changed? Was it simply the marriage? Did she have problems with his personality? Or was it something more?

The big question here is "what were the dynamics"? How did Kara feel about her remarrying? What was her relationship like with her step-dad? Was she often left alone with her step-dad?

That last question is one I would love to see an answer to. It might, just might, shed some light on what was going on between Kara and her step-dad from age 9 to age 16.

That is a long time though if we were to even contemplate any sexual relationship going on.........too long for me to believe that it would have any bearing on why Kara is missing.

But obvioulsy you SS........have misgivings about the step-dad. Can you elaborate, other than the note that didn't have his name on it??

Just checking in on the thread. Like so many..not a day goes by I don't think of Kara.

I think her grandparents remark about how beautiful she looked when she stepped off the plane on her return from Germany has always stuck with me. What happened between that time and this that made Kara's life so much in the balance..was it her boyfriend, her parents, school, girlfriends..what changed so much that put her in a place of such vunerability. I know we are all vunerable..but something changed and someone is responsible for this search for her. I feel they know who they are and they must live with that knowing daily.

Prayers for Kara
DD

DD:

If you wouldn't mind..........could you tell me where to find this about Kara's grandparent's where they talked about Kara getting off the plane? If not, that's okay.

Be glad to! He comes off to me as a controlling @ss. (I have also been told by people who have met him that he acts this way towards Kara's mom and others, too. It reaffirmed for me what I thought.)

He also was the one who initially found Kara "missing" and happened to be home in the middle of day (IIRC). I thought it was strange that he was the one to go wait at her job, too.

Something just doesn't click with him or his story, imo.

It would make more sense to me that Kara decided to cut out and go home. I personally think it is possible she went missing from there and not from the school as they believe.

DD:

If you wouldn't mind..........could you tell me where to find this about Kara's grandparent's where they talked about Kara getting off the plane? If not, that's okay.

It was either on he Mom or bio Dad's site for her that I read that info. I think that it was also a quote in an article.

DD:

Its mentioned on the fathers site (I think its his) findkarakopetsky.com. It doesn't say anything about when exactly that trip to Germany was though and I don't remember seeing it anywhere, sorry.
Here's the link though- scroll down a bit and you'll see the grandparents message to her.
http://www.findkarakopetsky.com/page05.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member