MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Random does exist and is active on his account...which would mean that turning down other people and sites dealing with Kara's disappearance is his normal behavior. There must be a reason.

If he professes that he misses Kara, but he isn't willing to discuss her or to help find her...it seems to me this person is living a contradiction.

Great, Indy...but I will bet you he doesn't respond or doesn't add you. I have definite reasons as to why I think that is a safe bet.

Seriously Searching,
I forwarded some of the information directly to one of the tip lines and others to someone I know is forwarding anything they feel could be important to the Belton police. I don’t know if the police have looked into it.

I found most of what I have posted in August/September of 2007. I did not post that information anywhere because I did not what to potentially hamper the investigation. But when I saw a news report in January that said the police were still looking into the report of Kara being seen in Kansas, I went WTH. Come on, 8 months, and you don’t know if that report is viable or not?

Olympicprincess,
You are probably right about me but the others who have tried to add him include several very pretty young women.
It could be he only adds people he knows. But why not add a page set up to help find Kara? He is after all #8 on Kara’s top friends list, and he shows up on several of her other friends pages as well.

BTW; in looking for him I found a MySpace group page that seems to be for Kara that I can’t access. It is called “Kara’s gang.” but if you try to add it you find that you need to be asked by someone who is a member before you can join. Most group pages request that you ask them if you can join, but this one does not.

I still have not been able to find a single news report that says the police have stated that Kara’s boyfriend passed a polygraph test. That seems strange to me because you would think if the police had said that, it would have been major news. (If someone does have a news report that says that would you please post a link)

One of my sources has told me that some of Kara’s other friends have been asked to take a lie detector test as well, but they, or if they were minors their parents,.. have declined.

I did find a new internet page for Kara it is; http://www.searchingforkara.com/

It is set up to keep people informed about the effort to find Kara as well as keep the fundraising efforts going. Most people don’t know how expensive it is to keep a search effort going month after month, many such efforts have to shut down after 6 months or so because the funds dry up.

I keep watching this thread (taking a break from my own problems) in hopes that something new will come out about Kara. Kara's case has touched the hearts of me and my girls because Jon and I raised the girls out in Stanley (Overland Park - Southern Johnson County, KS). If you have read what I've posted before the Belton, Southern Johnson County and Louisburg kids all interface with each other.

Peter: That was a good find: http://www.searchingforkara.com/ It appears this site is published more for Mom and stepdad and the other dot com was definetely Kara's Dad's handiwork.

But once again I can't help thinking that it is all about the fundraisers. Many of those companies and individuals they are thanking on that site are Catholic .... I know these people and my guess is most of what they have done is donated such as printing of flyers. Unless you pay to have a professional search team come in or hire a PI where is the money going or what is it being saved for?

Does anyone know if they ever plastered flyers around Louisburg? I'd concentrate on flyers in the following areas: Belton, Stilwell, Stanley, Olathe, Louisburg, Wea, and LaCynge (sp?). I'd concentrate awareness rally's in Belton, Stanley and Louisburg. Maybe they have done this but they need to keep doing it. And use the teens for fundraisers ... car washes, etc. but take it out of Belton into Stanley and Louisburg and Olathe ..... teens are going to tell other teens things before anyone else.

Since Belton is so disected by highways and railraod tracks I'd make sure truckers and train companies have flyers too. I'd also have it all over the miltary bases in Belton. Yes, Richards Gebauer is shutdown (Airforce) but on that property is a Marine Reserve unit and the Army.

As far as that Random guy. To me that is an adult trying to act like a teen. Hopefully LE has checked that guy out....pretty creepy.

Maureen

Hi all,
Someone asked for Kara’s boyfriends MySpace page. Here is the URL
: http://www.myspace.com/accoustic_chinchilla

BTW in looking back through my notes I found out something else about Kylr’s alibi. He has stated that on the night of the 4th the first news he got about Kara being missing was when he got a text-message for her close girlfriend Afton.

I still have not been able to find a single news report that says the police have stated that Kara’s boyfriend passed a polygraph test. That seems strange to me because you would think if the police had said that, it would have been major news. (If someone does have a news report that says that would you please post a link)

One of my sources has told me that some of Kara’s other friends have been asked to take a lie detector test as well, but they, or if they were minors their parents,.. have declined.

Hi Peter J.

There was a news article out not long after Kara went missing, which quoted Kylr himself saying that he had taken and passed a lie detector test, and anyone who doesn't believe him, can ask the police.

However, I have NEVER seen it stated officially by anyone other than Kylr himself that he HAS in fact, taken and passed a LDT. I tried to find the old article with Kylr's quotes, but it looks like it has been removed as old material. I can no longer access any links to this article.

I, personally feel that Kylr is still a very viable suspect, and I would really like to hear LE state he has passed an LDT or has been completely cleared as a suspect. Especially since I've found comments posted on the web suggesting that Kylr has connections in Belton.

Hi Peter J.

There was a news article out not long after Kara went missing, which quoted Kylr himself saying that he had taken and passed a lie detector test, and anyone who doesn't believe him, can ask the police.

However, I have NEVER seen it stated officially by anyone other than Kylr himself that he HAS in fact, taken and passed a LDT. I tried to find the old article with Kylr's quotes, but it looks like it has been removed as old material. I can no longer access any links to this article.

I, personally feel that Kylr is still a very viable suspect, and I would really like to hear LE state he has passed an LDT or has been completely cleared as a suspect. Especially since I've found comments posted on the web suggesting that Kylr has connections in Belton.[/quote]

I feel the same way..LE never really stated why he is no longer a suspect.
To me he seems like he should be a prime suspect after the way he had treated her toward the end of their relationship. JMHO

Bumping again for Kara.

I pray the family has hired very good private detectives, because at this point that is the only way this case will get resolved. JMHO

Kara is never far from my mind. I don't know what it is about her or her case, but I just can't let it go. I wonder if Kara's family has hired a PI. Does anyone know?

I really think someone needs to do some digging on Kylr.

I've been following this story for awhile, and it just sickens me how little press coverage Kara has gotten here in SW Missouri. Granted, I don't watch each and every local news broadcast, but I've seen only one short mention of Kara's disappearance in all the time that she's been missing from our local Springfield, MO stations. I'd like to contact the stations to ask them to get the word out to the many, many people in this area who have never even heard of this case, but I don't know how to go about doing that. Would a letter, e-mail or phone message left on their comment line be most effective? Any suggestions?

The Kansas City stations aren't doing that much better keeping Kara's story in front of the public. I deal with the media a lot and it really is up to the families to put the pressure on the the media to keep their loved ones story out there. Unless there is breaking news they don't run it unless asked to by the family and/or the public.

I normally email reporters out of respect for their time. If you don't hear back in a couple of days then follow up with a phone call. It also helps when you send the email to put as much info as you can into it. Back everything up with website links where appropriate. Make sure you include your name and contact information. Include a timeline of events of Kara's disappearance. The more leg work you do for them the better chance of coverage. And don't forget to include your personal reasons for wanting to see more coverage on the case in the Ozarks.

I also, when sending out press releases, email all newspapers and tv stations at one time. That way everyone sees who all I've emailed to and then they worry about another station or newspaper running the story before them.....I'm running at 99.9% of all releases being published.

If you don't get a good response get various people to also send an email that way the reporters will take notice, but don't flood them or they'll get mad!

Hope this helps!

Maureen

I've been following this story for awhile, and it just sickens me how little press coverage Kara has gotten here in SW Missouri. Granted, I don't watch each and every local news broadcast, but I've seen only one short mention of Kara's disappearance in all the time that she's been missing from our local Springfield, MO stations. I'd like to contact the stations to ask them to get the word out to the many, many people in this area who have never even heard of this case, but I don't know how to go about doing that. Would a letter, e-mail or phone message left on their comment line be most effective? Any suggestions?

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Dear Kara: 'Granny' needs you[/FONT]

Before, when I would see or hear about a missing person, I would pray they would be found safe and returned to their family.

As time passed and something would be on the news or in the paper, I only gave it a passing thought. I think most people do this, until it happens to your loved one.

It doesn’t matter the length of time that passes; each day is as empty as the first. It doesn’t get any easier; in fact at first your hope is that they are away on their own free will, but as time passes you know it isn’t so....

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Full story at link; http://www.kansascity.com/273/story/493015.html[/FONT]

For Kara on her 18th Birthday :blowkiss:

Thanks Peter for posting that....it was going around MySpace too.

If Kara is out there on her own I'm wondering if now turning 18 will bring her forward.

Kara's "Granny" voiced the sentiments of the families and friends of the missing perfectly: "As time passed and something would be on the news or in the paper, I only gave it a passing thought. I think most people do this, until it happens to your loved one." How true!

Maureen

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Dear Kara: 'Granny' needs you[/FONT]

Before, when I would see or hear about a missing person, I would pray they would be found safe and returned to their family.

As time passed and something would be on the news or in the paper, I only gave it a passing thought. I think most people do this, until it happens to your loved one.

It doesn’t matter the length of time that passes; each day is as empty as the first. It doesn’t get any easier; in fact at first your hope is that they are away on their own free will, but as time passes you know it isn’t so....

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Full story at link; http://www.kansascity.com/273/story/493015.html[/FONT]

For Kara on her 18th Birthday :blowkiss:

Thanks Peter for posting that....it was going around MySpace too.

If Kara is out there on her own I'm wondering if now turning 18 will bring her forward.

Kara's "Granny" voiced the sentiments of the families and friends of the missing perfectly: "As time passed and something would be on the news or in the paper, I only gave it a passing thought. I think most people do this, until it happens to your loved one." How true!

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

If the MySpace post you saw has Kara's picture with it and the heading in blue with a missing banner on top then its mine:)

:HappyBday Happy birthday Kara!! You are so missed!:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member