MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On page 14 of this forum, Davis posts that he thinks he has been getting messages from Kara on myspace but is unable to verify if it was in fact her. The post is from mid June.

In a later post he says he can't update everyone as the police asked him not to.

Yes I was talking about Vanessa. No I dont know it has been verified. I thought I read something like that on the page for her. All I know for sure is that she was found and and safe. I thought I had read that about her being with her boyfriend. Sorry about saying that and not knowing for sure.

back to topic .That link was very interesting. ThankYou.

What is this about them raiding a house that the ip address was linked to. And they seen things that lead them to believe she had been there. Wondering how that turned out?

You guys are amazing, Thanks to all the newest posters posting here helping out!

Can you post a link to kylers myspace, I dont think I have seen it

I agree, I would like to see it also.
Indy, I can't get on myspace at work, and I don't know if this is the same myspace as Peter is talking about, but I think this is a myspace for Kylr's band.

www.myspace.com/theseraphim1

Great to see people working on Kara's case again! I think pressure was applied to their PD from the Atty Gen's office already and obviously nothing came of it. I would like to know more about what was done on that level myself.

While it is possible that Kylr was involved and has political ties to the community...I have never felt he did this in spite of their history and his obvious lack of concern. However, I could be wrong!

I don't feel the Stepfather's relationship with Kara was investigated to the fullest and they should really take a hard look there. I have too many unanswered questions when it comes to him.

I have been told by people who were at one or more of the fundraisers about his demeanor and also the demeanor of Kara's mother around him when they met them personally (I do trust them to be honest about their opinions and insights). He came across as controlling and she came across as being controlled BY him. I would like to know a lot more of the family dynamics there.

I am now on page 22 on this same forum, and there are some comments being made about Kara's relationship with her step-dad and her mom.

What is this about them raiding a house that the ip address was linked to. And they seen things that lead them to believe she had been there. Wondering how that turned out?

On page 26, Davis says the house that got raided was in St. Louis.

StillHoping:

What were the comments on the relationship between Kara's step-dad and mother as posted on page 22?

I agree, I would like to see it also.
Indy, I can't get on myspace at work, and I don't know if this is the same myspace as Peter is talking about, but I think this is a myspace for Kylr's band.

www.myspace.com/theseraphim1
Thank you, I finally have a face to put with the name

StillHoping:

What were the comments on the relationship between Kara's step-dad and mother as posted on page 22?

Littledeer,

The comments basically stated that he had always been very hard on Kara and that her mother was not much worse, because she always stood by and let it happen. There were no specifics mentioned.

There were some other comments made about Kara's relationship with her mother not being very good.

Hi Hopping,

from page 26 I believe, from a poster; nic Belton08x;

"And, My case. What Davis has said, is fully justified by FACTS and not by assumptions. Kara has called me numerous times in the past crying because he has abused her mentally and physically. He would not let her out of his sight without there being a conflict of him saying she’s stupid or she is cheating on him. The kid was, and in my eyes, still is psychotic. I remember an incident where she called me and said to me that "____ didn’t let me get out of the car tonight and I finally got out when I talked to him for a long time."

I (PJH) figured I would step back wait a few days and see what developed.

Extremely good work Hopping. J

For those of you who still feel Kara could be a runaway, a few more facts. She had a appointment for Sat. the 5 of May to interview for a second summer job at a local convince store, she had already made committements to be with friends for not only that weekend but the following one as well.

Also, if she felt things were too hard at home she had not only her dads place she could stay but also a family who view Kara as a second daughter and had offered her a place to stay in the past.
Here is the most important point about those facts, I have been told that prior discord in Kara's household had been resolved by letting her have more freedom.

Also for those of you who may be thinking "what about drugs?" I pointedly asked that question.
I got a very canted reply; Kara was known to smoke pot on occasion, but she did not do hard drugs.
Peter J.

www.myspace.com/maelstrom5

I have tried going through the old threads but cant find what I am looking for. I thought I remembered FKK telling us that Kara was sneaking around and seeing Kylr after the restraining order had been issued. What keeps running through my head is what if she had skipped school to see Kylr and her mother or stepdad found this out and an argument happened and things got out of control? It would be natural for everyone to automatically assume Kylr did something taking the focus off the mother and stepdad.

I will do some more searching for an article I recall. Wasnt there some anger because it took LE so long to search Karas locker at school and her cell phone and atm card where both there? So how did Kylr answer the phone if Kara didnt have it with her? Was Karas intent to skip just a few classes and return to school before the end of the day classes? (I know where my son went to highschool cell phones had to be kept in locker during school day, if a teacher saw your cell phone during class it was taken and you had to go to the office at the end of the school day to get it back)

I have nothing to back this up its just gut feeling. Something just doesnt seem right to me about the stepfather and mothers reaction. The apology letter and the lack of interest they seemed to have in trying to locate her except to hold fund raisers.

I found the information regarding the cell phone in the locker, it was a blog comment on a different forum and the person even spelled Karas first name incorrectly so gonna throw that info out of my head. All the newspaper articles I find say the cell phone is missing.

Hi Busy :)

I went back and re-read all of FKK's posts and then posted the #'s for them so people could go back and re-read. I think that one of these posts has the statement you are looking for about Kara still hanging out with Kylr after the RO was taken out on him. I believe most of these posts were in Kara's 1st thread.

Dealing with Kylr:
Read posts #294 #316 #534 #400 and #406

StillHoping

I still don't trust the parents or the ex boyfrined in this. Kylr seemed to be described by others with words that are so similiar to many men that murder their wives and ex wives. I know they weren't married but he does seem to be extremely controlling, if he wouldn't let her out of his vehicle was he willing to leave her out of his life? I just can't fathom how this investigation hit a stand still so quickly.

I really would like to know what LE has done to try to find her and resolve what happened. The family has contacted Tim Miller, on one of the news blogs FKK from here had even posted the email she received back from them. She also wrote there that they continue to have fundraisers to keep Kara's name and face out there. So maybe the family is on the up and up. I fthere was a huge problem with her Mom and StepDad I think her bio father would have voiced that, and to my knowledge he has not.

I also think that someone at her school must have seen her leave school and get in a vehicle with someone. I know she may have walked a few blocks away, but at any high school at any given moment it seems to me kids are always loitering outside rather they should be or not. Someone knows something and they need to come forward.

SS:

Not to be a smart *advertiser censored**, but we honestly don't know 99% of the posters or of the victims personally.

I think we rely on what the posters, media, LE, etc. say with a grain of salt until it has become a known fact with supporting documentation. Also, gut instinct is another facet we tend to rely on too.

What is your opinion (gut instinct) telling you about FKK??

Some of the posters on this thread are local. I am asking if they personally know FKK. : )

I still cannot figure out why police have not looked at this as an abduction..what teenage girl runs away without her cellphone, Ipod, money, cigarettes or clothing? None that I have ever known of just vanished and leave their phone and everything else at home. What is motivating the police to think she ranaway? Have we ever had a clear understanding of the Belton LE's reasoning in this case?

I wish I had some answers for you DD. Same ones I ask myself all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member