MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read somewhere that KYLR 'S family was well connected politically in that community. If that is the case then he probably wasn/t questioned to hard or to long without an attorney present..which means it would have hardly been a hard hitting fact finding interview with police.

Also wasn't this case turned over to the State's Attorney's office to be looked into for possible mishandling? And we haven't seen anything come up about that either.

I still don't believe LE can rule out the Stepfather in this one. Unless they come out and tell us specifically how they have ruled him out...in my book...he should still be a POI.

It is a beautiful thought and gesture, either way.

What kind of relationship did Kara have with her parents? From what I read on her site, it seemed to be..not the best.
From what we have been able to glean from reports, she and her Stepfather were at odds which included tension from her mother. She seemed fairly close to her father tho.

Plus what in the heck with the odd letter on her door. SS my mind i feel is slipping do you remember what it said, the jist of it anyway

From what we have been able to glean from reports, she and her Stepfather were at odds which included tension from her mother. She seemed fairly close to her father tho.

I read this and was immediately reminded of Rowan Ford, RIP.

What were they at odds about? School, going out, etc? If they had tension about boys, that could translate into a twisted kind of jealousy.

I'm frustrated because despit going through the previous threads, I'm still not getting a good feel of what kind of person Kara really was...her parents paint her with such broad strokes.

ETA: was or IS, hopefully.

Has the family hired any PI's?
Not that I have seen, all I have seen are fundraisers. I must say if this was my daughter I would be on the news all the time. I would be in the face of LE every single day. To me it doesnt seem like they are.

The letter the mother put on her door after she went missing was rather a veiled apology and was signed without the stepfather's name being mentioned, but her mother and her brother instead. I found this to be a huge red flag.

Not that I have seen, all I have seen are fundraisers. I must say if this was my daughter I would be on the news all the time. I would be in the face of LE every single day. To me it doesnt seem like they are.

I agree Indy, I'm getting a very weird vibe from the parents.

I have always thought that Longview Lake was a strong possibility. Not only because of Kelsey, but because it was also convenient for whomever took Kara, too. It is secluded, has plenty of overgrowth, and not far from Belton. Anyone living in the area would be familiar with it and know places to hide a body.

I guess I was wrong about PHD which is fine! Glad to clear it up now and I am glad you spoke to him. I wonder why it never came out in the media tho. Interesting. Did he mention if he was ever questioned by LE or had taken a LD test?!

The boyfriend was mentioned a lot initially, but they verified his alibi and said he was no longer considered a suspect. I don't think he had anything to do with it or else LE missed something HUGE.

PHD told me has been questioned about Kara by LE. I don't know if he took a LDT or was even asked.

The letter the mother put on her door after she went missing was rather a veiled apology and was signed without the stepfather's name being mentioned, but her mother and her brother instead. I found this to be a huge red flag.
I remembered it was odd just could remember what it was THANKS!

If you will notice on her website, the father's side of the family is all that is mentioned (they did put it up). Her mom is only mentioned once on the photo page with Aunt Darla and someone else. Now while this could be simply because she is an ex to these people...could it also imply they have their own theories?

Even if I wasn't close to my ex...when it was about OUR missing child...I would include the other parent no matter what.

Does the mother's side have their own website? What are they actively doing to find Kara?

I thought I read somewhere that KYLR 'S family was well connected politically in that community. If that is the case then he probably wasn/t questioned to hard or to long without an attorney present..which means it would have hardly been a hard hitting fact finding interview with police.

Also wasn't this case turned over to the State's Attorney's office to be looked into for possible mishandling? And we haven't seen anything come up about that either.

I posted a link to another site where someone left a comment aimed in that direction. I have no idea how to verify this though. It would certainly explain why LE has been/seemed so uninvolved with Kara's case.

I, also have wondered what happened with Kara's case being turned over due to mishandling.

I went back and found all of FKK's posts having to do with both Kylr, and with the times of Kara leaving school etc.

Dealing with Timeframes:
Read posts #299 #335 and #344 (FKK is not exactly sure about the time Kara called her mom and the book was delivered. But she says that Kara's parents told her Kara left school at 10:30 (which would go with my theory about that being when she called PHD wanting to hang out). But FKK also says that she saw it reported that Kara left at 9:40.

Dealing with Kylr:
Read posts #294 #316 #534 #400 and #406

Does the mother's side have their own website? What are they actively doing to find Kara?
Define actively. They did a few tv interviews around the time Kelsey's case was hot and they have turned out at some of the fundraisers. Outside of putting out some fliers, I haven't heard of much the mother's side has done with websites or anything.

Indy, I had seen the page since it had been revamped. Was there a specific thing you wanted me to notice?

Davis
Leawood, KS
Reply »
|
Report Abuse |
#39 Jul 28, 2007

Kara ran away.

She is alive.

They are tracking her down, I know because I have been working with the police on this.

She has no connection to Kelsey's case.

I was " close " to kara, was one of her best friends, and as odd for her personality to do this, I'm certain she is alive, and is a run away.

Could this be the same davis yall were speaking of?

http://www.topix.com/city/belton-tx/2007/05/where-is-kara-kopetsky/p2?threadid=01PNBTSUHCMP9TC1

SS no nothing in paticular, just didnt know if the newer members had read.

Sure could be. Seems like he is wanting to point everyone in another direction either the old bf or now she has run away. I find that very suspicious. It is good that this "Davis" person is working with LE! Maybe they are keeping this person in the investigation for a reason. Hmmmm.

Davis
Leawood, KS
Reply »
|
Report Abuse |
#39 Jul 28, 2007

Kara ran away.

She is alive.

They are tracking her down, I know because I have been working with the police on this.

She has no connection to Kelsey's case.

I was " close " to kara, was one of her best friends, and as odd for her personality to do this, I'm certain she is alive, and is a run away.

Could this be the same davis yall were speaking of?

http://www.topix.com/city/belton-tx/2007/05/where-is-kara-kopetsky/p2?threadid=01PNBTSUHCMP9TC1

SS no nothing in paticular, just didnt know if the newer members had read.

Indy, I saw those posts also, but it could also easily be someone impersonating Davis. It happens all the time, and links to Davis myspace have been posted all over the place for people to read his comments about Kara and Kelsey Smith. So it's really hard to say, but yeah, I had wondered about that also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member