MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys lets try and bring Karas case back. I know I for one have been lazy in my postings lately and will try and do better. WE HAVE TO HAVE JUSTICE FOR THIS GIRL!!

I can't find anywhere that Kara actually spoke to her mother when she called that morning. Here is a quote from her mom about the last time she spoke to her, I believe.:

Kara Kopetsky, 17, disappeared on May 4. Her mother, Rhonda Beckford, said nothing seemed to be wrong the day she vanished.

"Everything was fine. I mean, she told me she loved me before she left, gave me a hug and kiss. Said, 'See you after school,'" Beckford told KMBC's Marcus Moore.

When Kopetsky didn't return home later that day, calls to her cell phone went unanswered.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/13319870/detail.html

So was it a message her mom got or did Kara talk to her Stepfather?

So LE would know who she spoke to last by her cell phone records, and they must have those records because they know the cell phone has not been used.

The bank card hasn't been used either, nor any money drawn from her bank account.

She left all her clothes, a new carton of cigarettes, all her teenage toys, and no note or explanation to anyone.

She didn't show up for work.

Has not used her MySpace.

Has not even phoned a best friend or family.

This is not someone who just ran away..this sounds more like an abduction to me.

Has the ex boyfriend been questioned more then the 1x? She had a restraining order against him because he would not let her out of his truck, wasn't it that way?

StillHoping, there was some discrepancy about Pale Horse Davis' comment, IIRC. I had gone back and read all of his posts...to me it appeared he was saying that IF she had called him THAT is what he would have told her! I would like to talk to him myself about it...because I do not recall it ever coming out in the media or from LE that he talked to her.

The boyfriend was questioned extensively and was determined not to have been in Belton at the time she went missing. LE stated he was very much cooperating. He passed the LD test, IIRC.

http://www.findkarakopetsky.com/about.html

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Friday, May 4, 2007
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The morning started out just like any other morning. Kara decided to walk to school just a few blocks away instead of having her mom drive her. Later that morning, she called her mom to bring her a book for one of her classes that she had forgotten at home. Kara also asked her mom to wash her work clothes since she had to work that afternoon after school. Mom took the book up to school and left it in the office for Kara to pick up later. At some point after that Kara got the book from the office.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What happened next remains a mystery.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kara did [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]not[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] come home from school that day and did not show up for work that afternoon. Her mom and stepdad called her repeatedly and called around looking for her before reporting her missing that evening.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It has been confirmed that the last phone call on her cell phone was about 10:30 that morning. Since then, the police have determined that either the cell phone has been shut off or the battery has run down. In addition to that, there has been no activity on her bank account and nothing is missing from her house. All of her clothes, belongings, and IPOD are still in her room.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The police and family have talked to her friends and no one has seen or had contact with Kara since she disappeared.
[/FONT]​

Yes, all the reports says she "called" her mom. I cannot find the conversation that actually took place with her mom tho, so she could have left a message or talked to Stepfather. The mom quoted the conversation when she left for school...so why wouldn't she mention the LAST conversation she had with her if it was later that morning? Wasn't her mom at work that day and the reason Jim ran around supposedly looking for her?

StillHoping, there was some discrepancy about Pale Horse Davis' comment, IIRC. I had gone back and read all of his posts...to me it appeared he was saying that IF she had called him THAT is what he would have told her! I would like to talk to him myself about it...because I do not recall it ever coming out in the media or from LE that he talked to her.

I actually got my info through PM's between myself and PHD and he did say that he actually talked to Kara that day (she phoned him) and he was disappointed that she wanted to skip school. PHD is already out of highschool. PHD also told me about the day that Kylr would not let Kara leave his truck etc; which at the time, was not common knowledge yet. Our conversations took place just after Kelsey Smith was found, and at that time, PHD felt certain that Kylr was involved. Obviously, I don't know him personally, and I am unable to verify any of this, but I also see little reason to doubt him.

I have not tried contacting him in awhile, as he was getting slammed with comments and questions about Kara. I didn't want to bother him anymore, I'm sure it's hard enough missing and wondering about his friend.

SS, do you still "feel" that Lake Longview needs to be looked at closer in Kara's case? Just wondering what your gut is telling you. You seem to have a knack for some of these cases.

What am I missing here, dang it I need to read more. But who is PHD? Is he her friend on myspace?

Indy,

If you talk to FKK anytime soon, let her know, we are all still worried about and looking for Kara. It must be devestating for her that Kara hasn't been found yet.

Thanks.

What am I missing here, dang it I need to read more. But who is PHD? Is he her friend on myspace?

Sorry Indy,

PHD is Pale Horse Davis from Kara's myspace. It's so much easier typing PHD.

I try and not bother her. I send her well wishes about once a month and will include our posters here. Also every month on the date FKK sends out bullitons about Kara, at least she and us have not forgot about her.
Okay weird thought but does anyone think if we call and try and see whats going on with the case they will see some have not forgot? Of course I would not include WS but just as a concered citizen?

Sorry Indy,

PHD is Pale Horse Davis from Kara's myspace. It's so much easier typing PHD.
No need to be sorry, I just couldnt for the life of me remember who he was. SS seems as if you have been reading through old posts, do you remember FKK saying anything about the BF one way or the other?

I have always thought that Longview Lake was a strong possibility. Not only because of Kelsey, but because it was also convenient for whomever took Kara, too. It is secluded, has plenty of overgrowth, and not far from Belton. Anyone living in the area would be familiar with it and know places to hide a body.

I guess I was wrong about PHD which is fine! Glad to clear it up now and I am glad you spoke to him. I wonder why it never came out in the media tho. Interesting. Did he mention if he was ever questioned by LE or had taken a LD test?!

The boyfriend was mentioned a lot initially, but they verified his alibi and said he was no longer considered a suspect. I don't think he had anything to do with it or else LE missed something HUGE.

It seems as if she didn't, but just asking...Did Kara have a car? Did she have a driver's license?

Indy, are you still considering naming your baby Kara?

Bf said no. I still may try and sneak it in though.

ETA once we are okay to post siggys again, I plan on including this thread in hopes of bringing some new minds over. Not that the old minds are bad...LOL

It is a beautiful thought and gesture, either way.

What kind of relationship did Kara have with her parents? From what I read on her site, it seemed to be..not the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper