MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has not been used since that day. Battery died or was turned off that day

It has been confirmed that the last phone call on her cell phone was about 10:30 that morning. Since then, the police have determined that either the cell phone has been shut off or the battery has run down. In addition to that, there has been no activity on her bank account and nothing is missing from her house. All of her clothes, belongings, and IPOD are still in her room.

http://www.findkarakopetsky.com/about.html

Okay new thought. Tonight when I get done with last minute shopping I am going to search through doe network and see if I see anything that pops out. I dont know what else to do at this point:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

i gotta ask again, why is this thread in located? she hasn't been located.

Actually the thread is Missing/Located.

If you look at all the threads there, not all have been located yet!

IMO

Kara~

Wherever you are, we are still here waiting and wishing for your safe return. The Holidays are the most difficult knowing you are not home and surrounded by the ones you love. I know your brother would love to spend Christmas morning surrounded by presents and you giving him a hard time by trying to take his gifts to play before he does (I can just SEE you doing that!).

We love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers, Kara. I will light a candle for you this Christmas Eve. May you find peace.

Hugs~
SS~

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I will light one as well SS!!
Kara~

Wherever you are, we are still here waiting and wishing for your safe return. The Holidays are the most difficult knowing you are not home and surrounded by the ones you love. I know your brother would love to spend Christmas morning surrounded by presents and you giving him a hard time by trying to take his gifts to play before he does (I can just SEE you doing that!).

We love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers, Kara. I will light a candle for you this Christmas Eve. May you find peace.

Hugs~
SS~

I dont believe they have checked the myspace, Only because of the log-in date listed. Good catch chick!!

This is still bothering me. I posted that Kara's last myspace login was 2 days before she went missing on another forum, and someone tried to explain that because Kara's page wasn't private, the police don't need to hack in. Which I heavily disagree with. While comments, blogs and friends, etc can be seen by anyone, personal messages can not be seen until someone logs into her acct.

I'd hate to think that there is a message sitting in Kara's inbox from her killer and nobody has checked it out yet. I TRULY don't understand why this hasn't been checked. I am pretty fluent with myspace, and as far as I know, you can't login and change your last login date, but you can login and have it not show the new login date. But I don't see any reason for LE to login blindly to her acct, especially knowing that they have not done it that way in the past.

Im thinking maybe They dont have to log in. They can get behind the account.. and see everything.. Why would they have to log in? Theres not just one way to see that information for LE, is there?

Im thinking maybe They dont have to log in. They can get behind the account.. and see everything.. Why would they have to log in? Theres not just one way to see that information for LE, is there?

You could be correct. But then I would have questions about another missing persons case. Kristen Charbonneau went missing 8.11.2005 from Fort Worth Texas. I found a myspace page for her, with what is definitely her picture and I had to enter her last name to request to be her friend. Whether it is truly her page or not, I don't know. But the last logged in date is listed as 04/22/2007. If the police can blindly login to the acct, then WHO actually logged into her account? Could it be Kristen herself?

Info for Kristen http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t8390.html

could be friends, but i am unsure if LE can go behind and not log in...

There is also a code on myspace you can use that blocks it so people can't see the last time you logged in. I'm not saying this is the case, just throwing it out there. :)

Hi all,
I am brand spanking new to web sleuths but I have been following Kara's case for the onset.

Hi stillhopping J I saw you post and question about Kara's private message page. I believe you are correct if they used Kara's password to get access to her account it would show as a log in. But it is my understanding that the could get all information on Kara's pages directly from MySpace if they obtained a legal document asking for it. A search warrant if you will but I don't know if that is the proper term in this case.

As a introduction I felt I would ask all of you a question. The police have said that Kara called her mother that morning and asked her to bring a school book she forgot as well as to ask her to wash her work cloths. They have also said the last time her cell was used was 10:30 AM
They have never said these two calls were one in the same. I have reason to believe they were not.

What do you feel this could mean?

I agree with those of you who feel the police should be looking close to home, but not at her parents.

Hi all,
I am brand spanking new to web sleuths but I have been following Kara's case for the onset.

Hi stillhopping J I saw you post and question about Kara's private message page. I believe you are correct if they used Kara's password to get access to her account it would show as a log in. But it is my understanding that the could get all information on Kara's pages directly from MySpace if they obtained a legal document asking for it. A search warrant if you will but I don't know if that is the proper term in this case.

As a introduction I felt I would ask all of you a question. The police have said that Kara called her mother that morning and asked her to bring a school book she forgot as well as to ask her to wash her work cloths. They have also said the last time her cell was used was 10:30 AM
They have never said these two calls were one in the same. I have reason to believe they were not.

What do you feel this could mean?

I agree with those of you who feel the police should be looking close to home, but not at her parents.

Welcome Peter. :hand:
Thanks for the insight into the myspace questions. I wish we had some way to verify that everything on Kara's myspace has been looked at.

It never even entered my mind that the 10:30 call might not have been the same call made to Kara's mother. That's a good catch.
I can say that I have talked with one of Kara's good friends through myspace and he said that she had called him that day, wanting to skip school and meet up with him and another friend. He says that he told her she needed to go to class, and that is the last he has heard from her. It's possible that was the 10:30 call made from her phone.

Since you made this point, it's got me thinking, and I tend to agree, the call to Kara's mother, was probably made earlier than 10:30 if she was asking her to bring a book, etc.

Welcome to WS PeterJ!!

As StillHoping said, "thanks for the information on the myspace account".

Very good question you brought up! Kara could have called her Mom at 10:15 with the first request, then rememberd the other and called later at 10:30. Or the times could even be moved up by 15 minutes with the last 10:30 call being to someone else???

Do we have any concrete facts on this somewhere in the thread??

Welcome To our world here peter!!!!

Great question! I never thought that before!

Frankly, I don't think LE has gone out of their way enough to bother to get warrants to check her myspace. If someone has used it, it would be her, a close friend, or a hacker (which are rampant on myspace).

Welcome to WS, Peter. It is a good point. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I thought she made the call to her mom from the office...but I could be mistaken about that. I am sure LE, at the very least, knows exactly who she talked to that morning from her cell phone.

Could someone please link to the first Kara thread? Merci buckets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper