MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wonder what happened to this poor girl. She is almost nineteen years old now, if she ran away, you'd think she would have come forward to someone, friend or family by now. She can't be forced to return home or do anything that she doesn't want to do, you'd think she'd let someone know that she was alive, at least.

It seems more and more likely that something sinister happened, and that is very sad.

If you're out there Kara, I hope you find your way home soon.

Shecky,

Any number of teens who turned 18 after they went missing have been recovered since Kara went missing. Some were with boyfriends that their parents did not approve of. Some came into contact with LE because they were working the streets.
(There were 3 major multi-state busts in 2008 that freed dozens of teens forced to work the streets)

In 2008 a number of teens remains were located, and identified; some were long term Jane/John Does.

Sadly Kara was not one of the children recovered. She is still missing. And yes in February she would have turned 19; but my best guess is that Kara will always be 17.

Here are a few of my thoughts.

1.) I agree with everyone so far who has said that Kylr needs to be investigated further. Polygraphs are pretty commonly shown to be ineffective/not accurate enough to put too much stock in. I want to know what's up with this, why they stopped investigating him when he had kidnapped her a matter of days before she went missing and she got away...

2.) I'd like to know which was the last class she attended. What time was it? Did any other students leave at this time of the day? Who was absent that day? Who wasn't where they were supposed to be?

3.) I'd like to know why people have been so lax about the search itself. It kind of seems like nothing is going on other than the occasional fund-raiser...for what?

------

I did a Ouija board reading, I know that sounds stupid, but I got the following out of it:

4.) Car = White

5.) Dawning Way (I found a Dawning Lane in St. Louis).

6.) Rail

7.) 5612

Not sure if any of this is useful but I hope I can be of help.

Local Kansas City channel Fox4 interviewed Kara's parents today, Kara's 19th birthday.
There is a $30,000 reward; anyone with information can call 816-474-TIPS.

Link (video not yet loaded):
http://www.fox4kc.com/

http://www.marshallnews.com/story/1500201.html

Unidentified body of white female found in Missouri River near Glasgow on 2.7.09.

I only just found this. I think it unlikely that this is Kara. My guess is the remains were relatively intact for them to determine it was a white female. But as nobody knows what happened to Kara almost 2 years ago, it is still a possibility. Not a lot of details given.

SNIP:
"There will be no further information released from the sheriff or the coroner in reference to this body recovery until we have completed our investigation, have identified the body, and made certain that no foul play was involved in her death," they said.

Not sure if this is the same case: http://www.themaneater.com/blogs/crime/2009/2/10/body-found-missouri-river/

I was driving down the highway in Missouri Sunday and saw the billboard for Kara again. That poor girl has been missing so long her billboard has faded so much.

It just seems so maddening how little we seem to be able to do about this. I mean, it feels like so much in this case has been left uninvestigated. Like which class was the last one she attended? Who else was missing that day? And what is with Kylr getting off so easily? Even if he was out of town does he have any friends who weren't?

Kara is very much on my mind as her 2 year missing anniversary approaches.
:(

It's time for Kara to come home and/or for her family/friends to get answers. She has been missing far too long with no contact. I agree that this case should be re-examined in full, starting over at square one.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/28/grace.coldcase.kopetsky/index.html

Some new tidbits include that Kara had an argument with one of her teachers before leaving school the day she disappeared.
Kara's debit card was left in her locker at the school with $150 balance from her previous paycheck.
Also, Kara's cell phone was not used after 10:30 AM the day she disappeared. Though some pings were checked out, nothing came of it. (I thought it had always been stated that her cellphone was left in her locker, am I mistaken?).

Kylr is only briefly mentioned and not by name. I found it interesting that the story states a missing persons report was made by Kara's mother and stepfather the afternoon of the day she disappeared. It seems a little early considering Kara had run away before.

I'm thinking of Kara always. My baby is due the day after her 2 years missing anniversary, and I know that each year as my baby celebrates his birthday, I will think of Kara. I pray often for those who loved her to receive answers and closure, or better yet, for her to be found safe and happy.

Very cool to see his on the front page of CNN!

Hi-

I'm not exactly new to Websluths, I've been lurking for a bit but today I have a question.

After seeing Kara on CNN I immediately came to Websluths knowing you all had taken on her case and of course you have :) My question is have any of the forensic astrologers here at Websluths tackled it as well? I'd be very interested to see what they came up with.

Edit: I am lost without my spell checker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper