MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very similar features! I thought the same thing. Except if I am not mistaken Kara has hazel eyes and the girl from NY has blue eyes.

Very similar features! I thought the same thing. Except if I am not mistaken Kara has hazel eyes and the girl from NY has blue eyes.

Wow! Kara has a beautiful, distinctive smile. It's too hard to tell from the NY girl picture. Some features are very similar, but if she was smiling, it would be much easier to tell.

Some comparison pics with the girl found in NYC.

Attachments

• Kara Comparison 1.gif
    Kara Comparison 1.gif
    83.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Kara Comparison 2.gif
    Kara Comparison 2.gif
    115.7 KB · Views: 41
Wow. I am glad I'm not the only one stirred up by this story and picture today! As soon as I saw the pic this morning, my stomach jumped because my immediate, initial reaction was 'that's Kara'!

I had to step away, calm down and look at it with less emotion and I still felt the resemblances were there and similiarities striking. I reached out to some of Kara's fam and friends just for a heads-up....just in case. I mean, it looks like it COULD be Kara..a little fuller in the face etc.

It may not be her in the end but it makes you wonder how many teens are abducted, drugged etc and then either escape or let go without much memory of what took place. I've read it before. Troubling.

I did not think of Kara K, sorry to say, but in reading another thread about the teen amnesia girl, someone posted about a resemblance to Kara K.

I looked at the pics and thought, there is something...
So, I posted a message on Kara K's myspace.

Hopefully, family will take a look and go from there.

Prayers that this girl will be identified soon.

On the Kara thread #2, post 13 has a photo altering with different hairstyles that is quite interesting in comparison to the pix of this amnesia victim.

jmoo

I posted this on the other thread, so I thought I'd bring it over here

unknown.jpg

On the Kara thread #2, post 13 has a photo altering with different hairstyles that is quite interesting in comparison to the pix of this amnesia victim.

jmoo

Made another poster of possible altered appearance using a different photo. Will include the first poster here, also, since the other one's on the old page.

"Altered" Poster 1
4mjb3oo.jpg

"Altered" Poster 2
62z6ghu.jpg

Bringing over for reference.

I see a resemblance, quite strong actually.

<scratches head>

The eyes and smile are very similar. The chin & nose have similar lines, as well. Obviously she is older now and her features could have changed while aging from teen to adult.

Wishful thinking, maybe.

Kara has hazel eyes, the amnesia victim has blue.

:/ good theory though.

I've pasted several links to stories in the NYC area media about this girl and the situation.

Unfortunately, now that I've seen more new pics of the girl, including one of her smiling, she does not appear to be Kara to me now. BUT, I hold hope that maybe appearances can change over a few years more than I would think.

In any case, if it's not Kara, it still is someone's daughter!

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-woman-found-in-times-square,0,324565.story

http://www.1010wins.com/PIC--Police-Seek-Help-In-Identifying-Teen-Amnesia-/5509239
http://www.wcbs880.com/Who-Is-this-Young-Woman-/5501914

I will say, there is a STRIKING resemblance between Kara and Jane Doe. However, the teeth make me second guess it. Kara's teeth appear to be smaller, whiter, and much straighter than Jane's. Although, in the time that she has been gone, it is more than enough time to have some staining of the teeth, and even possible movement (based on growing, eating habits, ect.) This is definintely an intriguing link indeed.

I completely agree with the people who said that teeth can move, also depending on how her teeth have been taken care of the gum's can be swollen and make the teeth appear smaller. Kara had not had her braces off long if I remember correctly so it is possible that the teeth could have moved quite a bit if she wasn't wearing her retainer regularly. Especially having the braces removed fairly recently, the teeth will move a lot more if the not wearing a retainer.

To me the similarities are too striking for someone not to check into it. The video from the link posted above says green eyes...for the Jane Doe. To me in a couple of photos the eyes look greenish brown even. I would definitely not classify the Jane doe as having blue eyes. The only thing that gets me is the dimples that Kara had when she smiled big. I can't make any dimples out on the Jane Doe at all.

I have huge dimples and no matter my weight or size, my dimples have always been very noticeable. On the other hand the Jane Doe and Kara have very distinct nose shapes, that are striking in resemblance.

JMO :)

Kel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members