MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE hadn't kept insisting that Kara ran away when she first went missing there is a possibility that she would have been found. If she was planning to run away I would think she would have at least taken her debit card with her so that she would have had money with her. Didn't LE think of that!! She would have taken some clothes if only a change of clothes or a couple pair of underwear. Girls take their makeup and cell phones too. Unless they are running for their lives they don't just leave with the clothes on their backs.

I really doubt that Kara is alive as she hasn't contacted anyone in almost two years. You would think she would have contacted a best friend if no one else.
It is just a shame that she isn't found for the sake of her mom and little brother and other family members. It has to be pure hell knowing your daughter is out there somewhere and you don't have a clue where and LE haven't helped in the least.

If LE hadn't kept insisting that Kara ran away when she first went missing there is a possibility that she would have been found. If she was planning to run away I would think she would have at least taken her debit card with her so that she would have had money with her. Didn't LE think of that!! She would have taken some clothes if only a change of clothes or a couple pair of underwear. Girls take their makeup and cell phones too. Unless they are running for their lives they don't just leave with the clothes on their backs.

I really doubt that Kara is alive as she hasn't contacted anyone in almost two years. You would think she would have contacted a best friend if no one else.
It is just a shame that she isn't found for the sake of her mom and little brother and other family members. It has to be pure hell knowing your daughter is out there somewhere and you don't have a clue where and LE haven't helped in the least.

I agree that Kara most likely isn't alive anymore. For a teenager, (or anyone for that matter) two years is a LONG time to be on the run. Someone would've recognized her, she would've contacted SOMEONE, etc. I just don't think she's alive anymore, even though I still hope and pray that she is.

As far as LE though and the debit card you were mentioning- I disagree. I think Kara was smart enough to know that if she ran away (which, for the record, I don't believe she ran away) LE could trace her debit card purchases and ATM withdraws. So, in my opinion, IF she ran away, I think she would've only taken cash, and I think LE was thinking the same. But, I agree with the fact that if this case would've been made a bigger deal from the beginning (less focus on her potentially running away and more on her potentially being abducted/harmed) she may have been found by now.

:rose: Praying for you Kara.

Another May 4th passed without you Kara. Praying harder than ever you will be found and justice served.

Two interesting posts on the Help Find Kara Facebook group:

CNN just spent 12 full hours interviewing her parents, school, police, etc. They will be doing a segment on her in August. I'll post when I find exact dates and times. I really hope they get involved. I really DO believe that one of these leads has the answer and it either hasn't been followed up on or the Belton police are really as dim as they seem to me right nowl :(

(Exciting!!! And from what I can tell from other posts from this user, she is one of Kara's relatives)

A lot of the heads from Belton and Ray-Pec knows where she is. Several have called the number above with no response. Things like this are horrible, sick, and totally wrong.

(This one is....well, who knows....another rumor?)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/g...62f5e578fd6ba487328&gid=2419425743&ref=search

Brittanee Drexel's case is so similar to Kara's. I do not believe that either girl ran away and I pray for some answers in both cases. Kara's story is sad and it needs an ending.
http://www.usamissing.com/ *copied from their website. Kara's story should be featured on this. Maybe it has already...
*"Missing" is a nationally-syndicated weekly television series featuring actual cases of missing persons, both children and adults, from across North America. Working with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, and missing persons organizations such as The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, our goal is to provide viewers with vital facts about missing individuals and to increase public awareness.

I agree, ilovemew -- the two are very similar. Both in the "party" lifestyle, both have suspicious friends who aren't really talking... etc.

My personal theory about the case is that Kara left school w/ a friend who offered to hook her up with someone who had weed or alcohol. Kara accepts, hoping to kill some time after school until her job. She hangs out with the friend & her 'connection' for awhile, but the friend leaves early, leaving her with the guy and she is attacked and either killed or left somewhere to die. OR... The guy takes Kara against her will and they travel around the local area for awhile (explaining the May 17th sighting). She wants to leave & tries to escape, so the guy attacks her and leaves her somewhere and she is yet to be found.

Meh, just my theory... I've never seen any evidence to support it, but I've known a lot of Karas (and Brittanees!) and all of them would have sprung for a situation that offered them weed or alcohol, even if it involved a stranger. And I don't mean to make any rude comments or assumptions about Kara, it's just that she states her affinity for drugs and alcohol on her myspace page.

If she left w/ a friend to participate in some illegal activity and was abducted/attacked in the friend's presence, the friend probably wouldn't talk for fear of jailtime or fines.

Or perhaps Kara actually did run away and she met with foul play at some point early on. I still think Kelsey Smith's killer is a possibility.

She is a very pretty girl and I hope that she is still with us, even though the odds are stacked against her. :(

I would love to see some fresh eyes take a look at this case. Maybe a task force that works on cold cases should step in. Kara deserves justice.

I have not waivered that I believe they should take another hard look at the stepfather. I honestly don't believe her friends know what happened to her, but I think he possibly could. I would like to see him take a LDT, too.

I would love to see some fresh eyes take a look at this case. Maybe a task force that works on cold cases should step in. Kara deserves justice.

I have not waivered that I believe they should take another hard look at the stepfather. I honestly don't believe her friends know what happened to her, but I think he possibly could. I would like to see him take a LDT, too.

I totally agree SS. I think some fresh eyes and some agency outside of Belton PD could possibly get this solved. Not saying there is a conspiracy, but i dont think Belton PD are equipped or competent enough to get this solved.
I would like to see a little pressure put on the step father and the boyfriend as well.
At this point its hard to hold out hope she is still alive, but i really belive she will be found and justice will be served.

Posted May 3rd.

"Recently, Kara's case got national attention from the Nancy Grace Show.

Belton Police told Grace that Kopetsky's disappearance is still considered an endangered and missing adult case because the state of Missouri considers Kopetsky an adult when she disappeared."
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-kara-kopetsky-missing-2-years-5309,0,5745430.story

"endangered and missing adult case because the state of Missouri considers Kopetsky an adult when she disappeared."
I dont even have words for this. If she had been classified another way, would this case be solved?, would Kara be found? Possibly, probably not, but possibly. Does she deserve dignity and respect from the state of Missouri? YES! Does she deserve a full investigation by competent investigators? YES! Kara deserves to be found and those responsible be held accountable. This precious girl needs to be found and she deserves the best the state of Missouri can offer and more. It has been to long. I am sickened to call this state my home, i am sicken by the lack of investigations, by the lack of disrespect and lack of competence in this case. Kara is out there and needs to be found now and those responsible to face harsh justice! She deserves no less from a State that has failed her.

I completely agree with you, rccook555. I also think the rumors of her previously running away and her "alternative" look and bad girl reputation made the media shy away from covering her story as extensively. There are soooo many things that are blantantly WRONG about this case. GLARING things about what she was going through during the months leading up to her disappearance. Why is the Belton PD turning a blind eye to this? Where is Kara? She deserves justice, she needs to go home and her friends and family need peace. Somebody knows something about what happened to Kara Kopetsky that day. Somebody needs to stop being coward and SPEAK UP.

whew, that felt good.

News from Kara's family on the Help Find Kara Facebook Group:

No, Kara has NOT been found. There have been some new leads and a little bit of searching but no REAL proof. Please if anyone knows (or even heard) of something please, please, please call TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (8477) you can remain anonymous. There's still a reward of $35,000 as well. Even if you just have some names of people. It's always worth checking in to. You can email me if you want as well. (elishia78@hotmail.com). I Can't speak for the police but we (the family) are doing all we can to find some ANSWERS. Please help us get this crime solved. I know some of you are scared to let people know what you know but you can remain anonymous. No one will harm you. Please just come forward with your info. Blessings to all.

New leads!!! I really hope something pans out. I guess there were rumors circulating that she had been found.

Posted May 3rd.

"Recently, Kara's case got national attention from the Nancy Grace Show.

Belton Police told Grace that Kopetsky's disappearance is still considered an endangered and missing adult case because the state of Missouri considers Kopetsky an adult when she disappeared."
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-kara-kopetsky-missing-2-years-5309,0,5745430.story

"endangered and missing adult case because the state of Missouri considers Kopetsky an adult when she disappeared."
I dont even have words for this. If she had been classified another way, would this case be solved?, would Kara be found? Possibly, probably not, but possibly. Does she deserve dignity and respect from the state of Missouri? YES! Does she deserve a full investigation by competent investigators? YES! Kara deserves to be found and those responsible be held accountable. This precious girl needs to be found and she deserves the best the state of Missouri can offer and more. It has been to long. I am sickened to call this state my home, i am sicken by the lack of investigations, by the lack of disrespect and lack of competence in this case. Kara is out there and needs to be found now and those responsible to face harsh justice! She deserves no less from a State that has failed her.
WTH?! An ADULT?! She was under the age of 18 the last time I checked!! :furious::furious::furious:

How did I miss this in the beginning or did they change it at some point?! :confused::furious:

Interesting....Though the rumors are frustrating for the family, they are at least keeping Kara's story alive in the media. I truly hope the Belton PD is indeed following up on every rumor or tip.

BELTON, Mo. – Escalating and troubling rumors about developments in the Kara Kopetsky investigation are unfounded according to Belton Police.

Kopetsky’s mom, Rhonda Beckford, said the rumors began sweeping through Belton last week.

“My family is just, they want the rumors to stop,” Beckford said, “They want to know where they're coming from. They want to know whether there is any truth to it. It's really tearing the family apart."

Whole story + heartbreaking video here: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/l...tsky-Case/uG1fE62QLE6l8_sKuuBTtA.cspx?rss=764

Just bumping, Kara had a segment on an hour long show this afternoon cable tv. I hadn't seen her parents in a long time.

Hey guys this is my first post...

I just wanted to say I've been following this case since seeing the story 2 years ago on CNN and cannot believe that there is little to no progress in this case!!

An investigation of the BPD needs to be conducted IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper