MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kara Kopetsky remembered in walk to mark 7 years missing -

BELTON, MO (KCTV) -
A Belton couple is still holding out hope that their missing daughter will be found years after her disappearance. Kara Kopetsky, then 17, was last seen leaving Belton High School the morning of May 4, 2007. She would have just finished her junior year in high school. Her disappearance is one of the most high-profile missing persons cases in the Kansas City area.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/25428403/kara-kopetsky-remembered-in-walk-to-mark-7-years-missing

7 years after disappearance, family of Kara Kopetsky keeps the hope alive with walk
41 Action News Staff
5:10 PM, May 4, 2014
5:44 PM, May 4, 2014

Snipped:

She would have turned 24 years old on Sunday, but instead of a birthday celebration, the family held a walk to remember her and other missing persons.

Family_raising_awareness_for_missing_dau_1572610000_4366718_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...-kara-kopetsky-keeps-the-hope-alive-with-walk

Walk to remember Kara honors all missing persons
By Diana Reese
May 5 at 2:38 pm

Snipped:

Rhonda Beckford said she has good days and bad days. Her son, now 15, who was just 8 years old when his sister disappeared, has been “a huge support.”

“When I’m on the laptop, looking up stuff, seeing pictures of Kara, and crying, he’ll grab my arm and say, ‘Okay, Mom, that’s enough’ and pull me away.”

QQ0A1Xbl.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-to-remember-kara-honors-all-missing-persons/

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article679209.html

Kara Kopetsky, another missing Kansas City area teen, disappeared in 2007. Last month her family held its seventh annual walk in her honor. At 17, Kara was last seen on a surveillance video leaving Belton High School; the last person she’d talked to was a boyfriend.

Mack thinks her daughter left the St. Joseph pool with a then-33-year-old convicted felon the teen had met in the neighborhood where they both lived.

Mack doesn’t know, but she thinks the man promised to take her daughter, who was on medication for bipolar disorder, away. “To her it was an adventure. I’m sure the picture was painted pretty,” she said.

either there was a massive coverup or the LE is just BEYOND incompetent because there's no doubt who abducted and killed kara. i mean, WTF? literally there is no doubt.

either there was a massive coverup or the LE is just BEYOND incompetent because there's no doubt who abducted and killed kara. i mean, WTF? literally there is no doubt.

this case keeps bugging me....can someone please remind me what her ex's alibi was?and there was this suspicious thing one of her friends did,reporting her missing BEFORE she actually vanished?I know LE questionned that girl but I forgot,did that girl know Kara's ex?there must be a link between the two somehow....as far as I am concerned there is only one POI in this case,they should go back and check everything once again....MOO

feel sorry for her family

ETA:remember,she only skipped school (like on the day she vanished) when (or for) it was about her ex...

this case is so sad and again like everyone has said seems so obvious... i feel it was her ex but apparently there is nothing that can prove that . I also find it very strange that a friend reported her missing before she was missing how does this happen what caused the friend to think she was missing and what are the odds that she would go missing right after? I feel like there needs to be a better explanation of that element, i'm not sure if i just dont recall or if it has never really been explained or maybe I just didn't quite understand the explanation ... anyone else feel this way or care to refresh my memory on that portion

:welcome: Universe!

Not sure why you are asking about AU? This is in connection with KK's case? Please elaborate.

Bumping for Kara! It's been way too long. :banghead::please::confused::bump:

So sad that Kara still hasn't been found. She went missing before I joined WS but I followed her case as I lived in the general area when she & Kelsey went missing. :(

This case is so simple to solve. Why haven't the authorities sat down Kylr Yust ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bumping as we approach the eight year anniversary since she was last seen. Kara's Disappeared episode was kind of disappointing. They wrote off the boyfriend quickly although he now appears to be the number one suspect. They also focused on Kelsey Smith too much. Don't get me wrong, I feel for her family and she is still a victim but her case seems separate from Kara's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!