MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious how many of them also kidnapped a baby from her crib while they were inside the homes to steal things. Normally it is one or the other, not both.

:waitasec:

None that I talked to stole a baby. But, with their stealthness (which is what I was commenting on) I am sure they could have. Fortunately they were not in the baby stealing business. Just mainly things that could be sold readily. What I can't conceive of is that the baby would remain silent. I think she would make some sort of sound that could be heard on the monitor.

I think seeing a window screen bent in would make me more than suspicious. I would be terrified enough to start dialing 911 as I frantically run to my sleeping spouse and kids maybe grabbing a weapon along the way.

I can see why he didn't. This is a neighborhood that you don't think of that 1st. He could have thought the kids did it or other easily explained away circumstances.

I saw that too... did you reply to that posters to see what she meant by that statement?

:waitasec:
I hit the quote button to the post that responded to mine. That's why I was discussing that issue.

I have no reason to respond otherwise.

Yes, I get it. Sometimes just part of a post catches my eye. Long day, I guess.

Are we allowed to address other comments on this twitter site specifically the post mentioning that it is sad to hear that another kid is missing from this family? Is this true?
I saw that. Can't recall ever hearing of it in MSM. Shouldn't be discussed until verified, I guess.

Yes, except he didn't "see the screen bent in. He went to shut the window and then when it wouldnt shut that is when he noticed it. Keep in mind...house has children...boys...and about the right age to cause malfunctions in the house...so it is entirely possible that his demeanor was "not on alert" as he said it was....because if he was "on alert that something was not right" ...why would he stop and wake his wife up and ask her "Why is he sleeping in here?" (meaning the six year old son.) I got the impression he was not happy all lights on in house, not happy that window was open and screen bent...and not happy son in their bed. THEN I believe it dawned on him baby door was open and was always shut...THEN went to baby room and saw her gone. NOW all coming together......

Problem is, everytime they interview them on that night's events something new or some slight "change" happens. I turns into WE and WE turns into I and so that is also part of what is making this sooooooooo suspicious and confusing at the same time. We want to believe this is a kidnapping so that baby will be found and well...yet on the other hand...their changing of slight details is making all confused.
Exactly my thoughts!

You must be a parent to well-behaved girls. ;) Young boys throw football, baseballs, lawn chairs, and climb on everything like monkeys. I think a little boy is highly likely to have bent that window screen and Deborah and Jeremy have two young boys.

Pensfan
still living with proof that I raised many little boys
(dents in walls, dents in wooden baseboards, dents in oak floors.....:) )

You are correct. I am mom of one well behaved girl...she is in college now :) However; this being his first night at work it is just extremly odd to me that DB would not take more precaution for her own safty and that of her kids and it is also make me think the father would be more on the alert/nervous about finding this scenario upon retruning to home after his first night away from the family. Common sense tells me most fathers would have been highly concerned to find open window, bent in screen, all lights on. There were alot of first this night Lisa went missing. Way too many. They are jusy blowing away all statistics.

Her "Ex" was in the military. GOOD insurance. Jeremy is in construction. Good possibility NO insurance. Being that she and her ex were high school sweethearts that when they split up he said he would carry her on his insurance until divorce...she gets pregnant...she asks ex to allow her to remain on insurance...he does. Maybe they made a deal where he did not have to pay child support if he kept her on his insurance and they would just not legally divorce until Jeremy got his insurance. That is a possibility.

Electricians in Missouri would be in the union right? I lived there years ago, and dated a union guy. Awesome benefits, and insurance.

I am wondering if maybe there is a paternity issue with baby Lisa. I wonder if they've already done DNA testing to verify JI as the father?

The sex offender didn't have custody either until he asked for it. He wasn't raising this child, the child was not biologically related to him, yet he still got custody despite being a sex offender. My point is, legal father has rights despite not being related to the child.

What if the biofather is listed on the birth certificate? Does that usurp a marriage license? tia

I thought it was reported that he had been raising the father up until the mother died. could be wrong though.

Last night Debbie stated she wasn't sure if she locked the door, more so than she left the door unlocked.

Wouldn't an intruder first check the front door before looking for any unlocked or open windows? If the door had been unlocked that night it would make more sense that the perpetrator entered the house through it. The window being checked again today by LE gives the impression they are following up on the theory that the intruder entered via the window and exited through the front door.

MOO

Her "Ex" was in the military. GOOD insurance. Jeremy is in construction. Good possibility NO insurance. Being that she and her ex were high school sweethearts that when they split up he said he would carry her on his insurance until divorce...she gets pregnant...she asks ex to allow her to remain on insurance...he does. Maybe they made a deal where he did not have to pay child support if he kept her on his insurance and they would just not legally divorce until Jeremy got his insurance. That is a possibility.

Very good arguments as to why it "could" be best for her to remain married. I'm sure there are many of us on this forum who have found themselves in "blended" family situations, or who have lived with someone who is not their legal spouse (raises hand), so I try to be careful to not cast aspersion in a way that questions a person's reputation.

I don't know how the parentage laws are in MO., but in KS, a child born to a woman who is married is by law, the legal husband's child unless and untill a Judge says it is the other mans legal child. Doesn't matter who you are or the circumstances, the Judge said " a marriage certificate or Judges decree legalizes the father." Hmmm...

What if the biofather is listed on the birth certificate? Does that usurp a marriage license? tia

I thought it was reported that he had been raising the father up until the mother died. could be wrong though.

The case I posted where sex offender got custody, it seems unlikely the mother would list him as the father since he wasn't. The child also has a different last name from the sex offender. He still got custody.

Are we allowed to address other comments on this twitter site specifically the post mentioning that it is sad to hear that another kid is missing from this family? Is this true?

That post appeared to be using "their" in the general sense. They did not say "this" family. They said it was sad another child is missing from their family-- not speaking specifically of the family in question-- a global their-- NO child should have to be separated from their family.

There have been a lot of articles about the statistical improbability of Lisa having been taken by a stranger. Basically, it's only about 278 children abducted by strangers in the past thirty years.

Very rare.

So it's stuck in the back of my mind that we *just* had 3 yr old Kienan Herbert from Canada abducted by a stranger a few weeks ago.

I was just reading a bit on his story again. Taken in the middle of the night. From his home. From his bed. Wearing shorts. Mom left the front door unlocked. The abductor took three blankets. I'm trying to find whether there were lights on in the house.

Anyway, the wonderful thing is that Kienan was, miraculously, returned unharmed to his home 5 days later by his abductor in the middle of the night.

His parents weren't staying in the home. Kienan was found by his dad, sleeping on a chair in the living room.

While the statistical improbability of *two* children having been abducted by strangers in such a short time period and with so many similarities in the circumstances of their abductions is mind boggling, I also am hoping that God will grant us one more miracle, and Lisa maybe, just maybe, may be found any day, safe and unharmed, sleeping on a chair in her home too.

I think this statistic is related strictly to infants in the first year of life. Since 1983, there have been 278 infants abducted....and all but 12 have been recovered. Almost half of these 278 were taken from hospitals.

The figure for abduction of all children is much higher. In 1999, there were 50,000 non-family child abductions in the US....just to throw a figure out there.

I don't know how the parentage laws are in MO., but in KS, a child born to a woman who is married is by law, the legal husband's child unless and untill a Judge says it is the other mans legal child. Doesn't matter who you are or the circumstances, the Judge said " a marriage certificate or Judges decree legalizes the father." Hmmm...

Hello and welcome to posting at WS, pammiesue.

It says JI was ruthless in getting custody of his son. Surprises me, he
doesn't come across as ruthless in any way that I've seen.

Missing Baby's Extended Family Discusses Parents' Past
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-bradleys-family-talks-about-past-20111008,0,1316565.story

Given the court docket shows that custody was awarded by default because mom was not at court or did not participate . . . that statement by her family seems er, incongruous, shall we say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19