MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM Not sure how by default can be seen as "ruthless" by bio mom's family then.

Default would seem to indicate that bio mom did not appear or participate in proceedings? Correct me if I am wrong in that interpretation of by default please.

That's right, according to the docket entry, she didn't show up for Court.

You never know what the other guy would want to do. Read up on this story. Recently a sex offender demanded custody of a little girl who was not his biological daughter, but since he and the child's mother were legally married, the judge awarded him custody. So the legal father has rights despite not being biological father.
"Miranda was placed with registered sex offender, Donald Coleman, in July. Coleman is not the child's biological father but is considered her legal father since he was married to Miranda's mom at the time of her birth."
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...after-Hearing-on-Custody-of-Miranda-Wilkerson

I think the problem with that case is that the mother is dead and the bio dad never had custody. That makes it somewhat different. If the sex offender had to start paying child support to a living mom he might change his tune. There's also the thought that he has an unhealthy interest in the child so that's why he wants her....UGH!
I think eventually that child will end up with the bio dad.

Ok friends, real life has kept me away from here since yesterday morning. Would anyone be so kind as to let me know if there has been any real news or not?

I keep thinking it is a good thing the parents keep saying that a person could not get in there that way. The police know a person could get in that way and the screen be found in that exact position after they did. They have seen it plenty.

Indeed, Kienan Hebert's abductor had just a few days earlier tried to abduct another child from another neighborhood home - through a window.

Window didn't work. Mom left the door unlocked.

The parallels are almost poetic. Fascinating stuff.

Ok friends, real life has kept me away from here since yesterday morning. Would anyone be so kind as to let me know if there has been any real news or not?
The parents are talking to LE again.

That was a big thing as most of us figured the two sides would not sit down together for interviews.

Other real news? Not really, unless I'm forgetting something. (Entirely possible.)

I am not an attorney, but have been a domestic paralegal in Missouri for over 10 years, in Jackson and Clay County, among others.

The situation with Deborah being married to another man is not a huge legal issue. It involves paperwork, but nothing huge for the parties. There does not need to be a blood test if Jeremy and Deborah agree on paternity. Just paperwork to be signed, that is all. Jeremy would be named as a third party to the divorce and his paternity can be established as a separate count in Deborah's divorce. It's not a big deal AT ALL.

Re: insurance. It is illegal to drop coverage for a spouse, whether you reside with them or not, during the pendency of a divorce in the State of Missouri.

Is there some indication of a pending divorce? If so, I missed it.

Wow, so I'm a few threads behind now.

Mom is now saying she left the front door and the window open that night? Did she leave the lights on as well?

At the first presser with the parents, it sounded like a third party did all that.

Where I grew up in RI a 'raised ranch' is a split level home
raised-rnch.jpg

http://www.pbsnc.com/Portals/0/images/raised-rnch.jpg

In these parts, the home in the photo is called a "bi-level". In some neighborhoods, a house that is built on a sloping lot is said to have a "daylight basement" because the lower level has large windows, but there is no access door in/out of the house on that floor. A house on a lot that slopes more might have a "walkout basement" as there is enough height in parts of the lower level for access in/out.

DH and my home is a ranch model (single level, full basement) but has several risers to the front door. Several steps down to the garage, too. High ceilings give the appearance of a second story, but there isn't one.

Looking at a full frontal view of the Irwin home, I wouldn't think that there is a lower level or garage. jmo

Default would seem to indicate that bio mom did not appear or participate in proceedings? Correct me if I am wrong in that interpretation of by default please.

Perhaps incarceration enters into the picture and her family felt it unfair that she couldn't be there. ;)

Is there some indication of a pending divorce? If so, I missed it.

Nope, not at all.

CaseNet entries get backlogged some, but as of Friday at 5:00pm, there has been nothing entered regarding a dissolution, only child support.

EricKCTV5 Eric Chaloux
KCPD recreating reported abduction of #LisaIrwin at home today. Detectives at the family's home. More on KCTV5.com and on news at 9&10.
18 minutes ago

Just a couple of thoughts:

I think it's good that this LE checks and re-checks, they seem diligent to me. At this point, they have probably ruled out some of the potential suspects from the parent's list and some of their own. For those remaining, they likely now know size, age, etc... Could be that if it's not entirely impossible to get in through a window, some of the potential suspects would fit and others would not. I personally believe they ruled out window entry, as was stated early on before we learned the door was left unlocked, but maybe not. JMO...

Also, I agree with Doc Fessel that it could be a reenactment in daylight with the press present because LE wants a specific someone or someones to see it. It's not a waste of LE manpower to have a couple of people at a window if it could elicit the intended reaction, imo...

Those are all good questions. In a infant kidnapping they must look at every family member and all friends first.

This family is not your typical Ozzie and Harriet family. I am not trying to cast them in a bad light. These are just the facts.

I don't know why he got custody. He was not the plaintif he was the defendant. Anything could have happened. But the boys mother lives in Kansas City. I am not sure when or if she has visitation. That wasn't listed on the order.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-bradleys-family-talks-about-past-20111008,0,1316565.story

Wow, so I'm a few threads behind now.

Mom is now saying she left the front door and the window open that night? Did she leave the lights on as well?

At the first presser with the parents, it sounded like a third party did all that.

Do you know the link to this interview? I've missed it somewhere along the way. TIA

I think he did.

It's a terrifying thought. We are all so vulnerable while we are sleeping.

Another thing this person could do was scale a wall. He could go out a 3rd floor balcony and climb down the wall. So, in my opinion climbing in a window would not be a problem for a determined/experienced person. He could also jump a 6 foot fence with no problem. Very scary man. Also a druggie. He did not work and used his stolen objects etc. to get money to support his habit and living expenses. He had a person who would pay him for whatever he could steal. There really are some very bad people out there who have all sorts of schemes to maintain their way of life. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member