MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps incarceration enters into the picture and her family felt it unfair that she couldn't be there. ;)

Perhaps the reason she hasn't filed for divorce and why he hasn't either is that their son gets better health care this way, as the father was in the Army and probably has excellent health care benefits for the son. MOO.

I think seeing a window screen bent in would make me more than suspicious. I would be terrified enough to start dialing 911 as I frantically run to my sleeping spouse and kids maybe grabbing a weapon along the way.
You must be a parent to well-behaved girls. ;) Young boys throw football, baseballs, lawn chairs, and climb on everything like monkeys. I think a little boy is highly likely to have bent that window screen and Deborah and Jeremy have two young boys.

Pensfan
still living with proof that I raised many little boys
(dents in walls, dents in wooden baseboards, dents in oak floors.....:) )

In these parts, the home in the photo is called a "bi-level". In some neighborhoods, a house that is built on a sloping lot is said to have a "daylight basement" because the lower level has large windows, but there is no access door in/out of the house on that floor. A house on a lot that slopes more might have a "walkout basement" as there is enough height in parts of the lower level for access in/out.

DH and my home is a ranch model (single level, full basement) but has several risers to the front door. Several steps down to the garage, too. High ceilings give the appearance of a second story, but there isn't one.

Looking at a full frontal view of the Irwin home, I wouldn't think that there is a lower level or garage. jmo

I agree. This picture is not like their home at all.

Wow, so I'm a few threads behind now.

Mom is now saying she left the front door and the window open that night? Did she leave the lights on as well?

At the first presser with the parents, it sounded like a third party did all that.

Last night Debbie stated she wasn't sure if she locked the door, more so than she left the door unlocked.

Do you know the link to this interview? I've missed it somewhere along the way. TIA

I think this is it

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Lmy0Q5U_k"]Baby Lisa's Parents Take Questions From Reporters - YouTube[/ame]

Those are all good questions. In a infant kidnapping they must look at every family member and all friends first.

This family is not your typical Ozzie and Harriet family. I am not trying to cast them in a bad light. These are just the facts.

I don't know why he got custody. He was not the plaintif he was the defendant. Anything could have happened. But the boys mother lives in Kansas City. I am not sure when or if she has visitation. That wasn't listed on the order.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-bradleys-family-talks-about-past-20111008,0,1316565.story

He was the Petitioner in the original case. She didn't appear in Court therefore he was awarded custody.

He was not the filing party in the second case where a Family Access Motion/Motion for Temp Custody Petitioner. It looks like the State filed a motion and mom just attached to that.

Has the work van been checked? dumpsters along the way to starbucks? the river?

When I looked at the picture of the back of the house it appears to me that the windows are very high and very small. It might be that the front windows were the only ones that anyone could have gone through.

Also I would like to add that I have talked to a person before who broke into people's homes to steal from them. He told me he took great pleasure in being in the house while the owners were there asleep. He said he would wander around the house or even watch them as they slept. I know pretty creepy. My husband was an attorney and I used to hear all sorts of weird stories from clients. Scary now that I recall them.

Curious how many of them also kidnapped a baby from her crib while they were inside the homes to steal things. Normally it is one or the other, not both.

:waitasec:

I never suggested that Jeremy staged a kidnapping. I think several of us were posting about this but I can't back and forth with you because I never said that. I do think it might affect the couple "dynamics" and who is really the parent driving the train. Jeremy is the one called a halt to meeting with LE. Maybe it's Debbie whose opinion rules. It seems to me, though, that the reason the couple has withdrawn from public view is because one of them has decreed it. jmo

:waitasec:
I hit the quote button to the post that responded to mine. That's why I was discussing that issue.

I have no reason to respond otherwise.

PeterAlexander Peter Alexander
Police reenacting entry scenario at #LisaIrwin house. To challenge parents' story?

http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23lisairwin

Why the flashing lights and sirens? only thing I can think of is to call attention to themselves while performing the parents theory of things. We'll see later, if these cops publicly call the parents theory out.

I think the problem with that case is that the mother is dead and the bio dad never had custody. That makes it somewhat different. If the sex offender had to start paying child support to a living mom he might change his tune. There's also the thought that he has an unhealthy interest in the child so that's why he wants her....UGH!
I think eventually that child will end up with the bio dad.

The sex offender didn't have custody either until he asked for it. He wasn't raising this child, the child was not biologically related to him, yet he still got custody despite being a sex offender. My point is, legal father has rights despite not being related to the child.

Someone posted a link last night to a news update which revealed DB is still married. There was supposed to be an update at 10 revealing DB's checkered past - I've spent an hour trying to find the first news update in order to watch the second news update.....HELP please....anyone remember this and where I might find the first one? Thanks

It says JI was ruthless in getting custody of his son. Surprises me, he
doesn't come across as ruthless in any way that I've seen.

Missing Baby's Extended Family Discusses Parents' Past
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-bradleys-family-talks-about-past-20111008,0,1316565.story

Why the flashing lights and sirens? only thing I can think of is to call attention to themselves while performing the parents theory of things. We'll see later, if these cops publicly call the parents theory out.
No idea whatsoever. Maybe just fooling around. Didn't seem to have any obvious physical or psychological reason behind it - can't think why they'd do it as a part of challenging the parents's story later. We shall see, I suppose. Or not.

The discussion at the time was in regards to WHY mom was still married to the younger son's father, and the speculation was that she needed to remain on his medical insurance.
On my husband's employer-sponsored insurance, you are only eligible for coverage is you a) reside with the employee - as in spouse and child or b) are legally obligated to maintain coverage - as in a custody agreement. Thus my original post.
And I gotta say - maybe it's my age, but I DO find it kind of scandalous that a woman would co-habit and have a child with a man who was not her husband WHEN SHE ALREADY HAS A HUSBAND. JMO of course.

Her "Ex" was in the military. GOOD insurance. Jeremy is in construction. Good possibility NO insurance. Being that she and her ex were high school sweethearts that when they split up he said he would carry her on his insurance until divorce...she gets pregnant...she asks ex to allow her to remain on insurance...he does. Maybe they made a deal where he did not have to pay child support if he kept her on his insurance and they would just not legally divorce until Jeremy got his insurance. That is a possibility.

The discussion at the time was in regards to WHY mom was still married to the younger son's father, and the speculation was that she needed to remain on his medical insurance.
On my husband's employer-sponsored insurance, you are only eligible for coverage is you a) reside with the employee - as in spouse and child or b) are legally obligated to maintain coverage - as in a custody agreement. Thus my original post.
And I gotta say - maybe it's my age, but I DO find it kind of scandalous that a woman would co-habit and have a child with a man who was not her husband WHEN SHE ALREADY HAS A HUSBAND. JMO of course.

Her husband is military and there are a lot of perks being a military wife/dependent. For one they get medical coverage for the whole family, commissary privileges, etc. If they wanted a divorce, a noncontested divorce isn't all that expensive but if it is a noncontested divorce with custody involved then you can be talking a whole different story. Irregardless, if Debbie got a divorce the son would still be covered by those benefits as long as her exhusband was still in the military.

Those are all good questions. In a infant kidnapping they must look at every family member and all friends first.

This family is not your typical Ozzie and Harriet family. I am not trying to cast them in a bad light. These are just the facts.

I don't know why he got custody. He was not the plaintif he was the defendant. Anything could have happened. But the boys mother lives in Kansas City. I am not sure when or if she has visitation. That wasn't listed on the order.

Thanks, I thought the family member interviewed stated the mother now resides out of state? Going back to rewatch the newscast.

In my time here, I have found that no family is like the typical Ozzie and Harriet family. the minute I encounter one it will probably raise my suspicions, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member