MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also cannot imagine that whoever took this child would be in a Travel Center. But of course, they have to be somewhere, so you never know.

I also cannot imagine that whoever took this child would be in a Travel Center. But of course, they have to be somewhere, so you never know.

Wouldn't this be like a large gas station? Maybe the lady went in to change the diaper and the man to pay for gas?

St. Joseph might have been perceived as a safe distance from the scene of the crime.

People (myself included) share way too much on forums (esp. CafeMom & Babycenter), blogs and social networking sites. You never know who is on the other side of the computer reading what you write.

Very true! When I was pregnant with my daughter 2 years ago a woman on babycenter stole the identity of another woman (actually the wife of one of the Dropkick Murphys), and then pretended she was that woman and even posted her pictures as her own. She faked this whole story about getting pregnant and then getting cancer, and then later her "husband" came on and posted that her baby was delivered early and he was fine but she had died.

People were devastated and some wanted to send her money, but me and a few others had become suspicious. Some things just weren't adding up. That's when we found the wikipedia articles about the real couple whose identities she stole and it was obvious that all the little details she had fed us about "her" background were actually from this wikipedia article. The Dropkick Murphys website showed a picture of the real husband on tour with his band in Europe while he was supposedly in North Carolina planning her funeral.

Someone from the site contacted the real woman (who did not have cancer and was not pregnant) and she was totally shocked that her name and background and even some of her own personal photos had been used by this imposter. Of course, she was more shocked to hear she had supposedly died. The faker had posted pictures of actual babies she claimed were her babies too and who knows where she got those from. It was a pretty scary and eye opening experience. People had been really sympathetic to this woman on her journey through pregnancy and cancer and were really angry to find out they had been duped.

They later found out she had pulled the same scam before in another birth club. It was sooo creepy. It made me wonder if that was the type of person that WOULD kidnap a baby, or if she was just looking for money or attention or something.

Wouldn't this be like a large gas station? Maybe the lady went in to change the diaper and the man to pay for gas?

It is a big gas station/truck stop. They have normal stuff you'd find at a gas station and then there is also part of it that's a gift store type area. Shot glasses, postcards, sweatshirts/t-shirts, etc. It is also connected to an Arby's.

St. Joseph might have been perceived as a safe distance from the scene of the crime.

Exactly. I can also remember when my now 17yo twin boys were wee...sometimes getting out of the car could make for a great change in attitude when the little guys were tired of driving and looking for a distraction.

Don't travel centers have diaper changing stations?
I'd imagine so. I was in this particular one and it seemed at the time to have just about everything (at least to a small town guy like me; it's a fairly typical huge interstate travel stop, seemingly always busy).

Tell me more about this Jeremy person. Did he drag his heels about getting married to the other woman/women as well? Resent his child support? He seems to have required the court to force testing before admitting his own child.

Ok, ugly thoughts now. I don't have to spell them out, I don't think and they are probably unfair so I won't.

Just because a paternity case has been filed does not mean he was denying paternity. In Missouri if the parents are not married a paternity case has to be filed to be legally recognized as the father. Birth Certificate has nothing to do with it; it must go through the courts.

I would seriously suggest that everyone get their tempers in check, go to the TOS and Rules and read them thoroughly. Everyone take a 5 minute break and read the rules.

Shasta Groene was recovered in a Denny's eating a meal with that lowlife who took her wasn't she? And her kidnapper also took her into a convenience store where they were seen on video.

From the area that Lisa's family live, you travel north to St. Joseph. Between their neighborhood and KCI[Kansas City International Airport] on 29N there is a lot of development/stores. Past KCI is Platte City, where there is an exit off of 29N with numerous food/gas stops. After Platte City to St. Joseph's there is not alot of places. I can see not stopping in Platte City because there is a lot of traffic/people.

The other options are 70 EtoW but west puts you on the Kansas Turnpike with toll booths w/attendants. Even E goes to St. Louis and is well traveled.

29S heads towards Oklahoma and Arkansas, through Southern Missouri. Again, for at east 40 miles south it is developed and then as you go further south it is less built up. By Lamar, it is somewhat rural; there are a few food places off of the Lamar exit. I have family there and know that the people there, if they saw anything suspicious would get LE involved. It's a small close knit place and people watch out for each other. A missing baby would be a priority.

Well I wonder if we would have heard by now, if in fact the sighting has been checked out...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79876"]Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here you go. Thread is closing for five minutes so that I know everyone read the rules.

If you come back and violate them, don't claim you didn't know them when people are placed on TO for violations.

Shasta Groene was recovered in a Denny's eating a meal with that lowlife who took her wasn't she? And her kidnapper also took her into a convenience store where they were seen on video.

Yes, but that was some time later...weren't they in the woods for the first few days or something?

Rumors are not allowed in these threads. If you are a verified local you have been informed of the rules. If you are not a verified local please refrain from bringing rumor to these threads or ask to be verified as a local/insider.

Use links to support your statements please. Thank YOU.

Thank You for your patience. Now please get back on track. Name calling of any kind or name variations is against TOS and if you see a post you feel is against the rules use your alert button. Please do not call other posters out on the thread. Thank YOU!

I guess I picked a bad time to start reading the thread.

Just heard about baby Lisa, am hoping she comes home to her family real soon.

Yes, but that was some time later...weren't they in the woods for the first few days or something?

I think it was months later... IIRC... He had perhaps grown comfortable or brazen by then.... Or possibly, as the thought occurred to me at the time, he actually was ready to be caught... Far far from the situation here.

They were in the woods for a while. But it was still risky for her kidnapper to take Shasta out where someone could recognize her, and in fact that's what happened.
My point was that if Lisa has been abducted by a stranger, and it looks like she has been, it's not unheard of for abducted children to be hidden in plain sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018