MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread is moving very quickly but I wanted to take a moment to :wave: at all our guests lurking and following the thread down there and invite you all to join Websleuths and the conversation.

JiaoJiaoShen JiaoJiao Shen
From @NewserHernandez #LisaIrwin's father gave feds list of 9 names, people who potentially could have taken their baby. @NBCActionNews
18 minutes ago

respectfully snipped and bolded by me

Does this mean the house phones (landline) were all gone as well??????? :eek:

That is most bizarre!

Land lines are old and busted. Many families rely exclusively on cell phones and save the expense of a redundant land line.

And yet it didn't delay the reporting at all ? And, if anyone had woken up, and the cell phones were gone, they could also have rushed next door, roused a neighbor,and used their phone ?? All in all, taking the cells is weird.Because the pings could possibly give an intruder away.

So, why were the phones actually missing ? It makes no sense at all... MOO

just saying it never makes any sense to me but sadly things like this do keep happening....I think if this was a planned abduction along the lines of someone wanting a baby to love, the idea of the phones being taken make sense to me as a) perhaps stalling 911 being called - maybe by only 2 or 3 minutes till you could run to the neighbors, but we all agree time is of the essence here and b) the cell phones could/would possibly hold photos of the little girl....anyone could download/transfer these photos to their own phone/computer/etc. then they have pics of this precious girl at all ages/stages these past 10 months...that alone can throw someone off track if "new" parents can produce photos of "new" said baby when she was 1 month old or 3 months old.
praying hard for this sweet baby girl to be returned home safely to her loving family!

Off course I am also old and busted, so I still maintain a landline. :)

respectfully snipped and bolded by me

That is most bizarre!

I don't know if the Irwin family had a landline or not but when our home was robbed over Memorial Day weekend one year, they took all of our home phones. After the first few seconds of walking inside our front door and realizing we had been robbed, I went for the phone which... was gone! Then I ran for the 2nd phone and it had been taken also. It's not like they were expensive or valuable. I think they took them just so it would be a delay in us contacting police. :(

(respectfully snipped and bolded by me)

That is most bizarre!

They didn't have any landline phones. They only had cell phones.

We keep circling back to dad's first night on the job, thinking that's what they were planning around. But what if we are looking at it backwards. Maybe it was an intended robbery, maybe they were planning to steal something of value from dad's work van and when it wasn't there they went into the house? Cell phones = quick money, baby = slower but more money, maybe?

Land lines are old and busted. Many families rely exclusively on cell phones and save the expense of a redundant land line.

That would be us... However, I often wish for a landline in case of emergencies, etc. There are times when our youngest hides our cell phones. But it just an expense we can live without and wonder if this family is the same?

Off course I am also old and busted, so I still maintain a landline. :)

Old, busted, broke and landlineless here.

It is more and more common to not have any landline at all. Even both my in laws (divorced in separate households) no loner have landlines but use their cels exclusively.

Brazenness

1. Kidnapping an Child when parent is home
  2. Turning lights on and leaving them on
  3. Taking cell phones
  4. Leaving and or entering Front door that is facing street.

Major Brazenness!

If this was someone from the outside they were willing to kill the rest of the family if they awoke.

just saying it never makes any sense to me but sadly things like this do keep happening....I think if this was a planned abduction along the lines of someone wanting a baby to love, the idea of the phones being taken make sense to me as a) perhaps stalling 911 being called - maybe by only 2 or 3 minutes till you could run to the neighbors, but we all agree time is of the essence here and b) the cell phones could/would possibly hold photos of the little girl....anyone could download/transfer these photos to their own phone/computer/etc. then they have pics of this precious girl at all ages/stages these past 10 months...that alone can throw someone off track if "new" parents can produce photos of "new" said baby when she was 1 month old or 3 months old.
praying hard for this sweet baby girl to be returned home safely to her loving family!

BBM wow, nice theory, I had never even considered that possibility!

I've been following this thread and have noticed a couple things.
1)If putting your child in shorts and a t-shirt makes you a bad parent, then you can add me to that list. That's what my kids sleep in every night. Our home stays a constant temperature of 72 degrees and with sheets and blankets, that is what they're comfortable in.
2)My two year old little girl weighs 26 pounds. When she was a year old, she weighed 25 pounds. It's not unheard of.
Let's assume that this incident is NOT because of what pajamas she had on or her weight or because of bad parenting. Let's assume that these 2 people are parents, just like the rest of us, who love their children whole-heartedly and want nothing more than for their little girl to be home.
JMO

I wonder if there will be a press conference this afternoon.

Major Brazenness!

If this was someone from the outside they were willing to kill the rest of the family if they awoke.

Thank you Dr.Fessel, And I also noticed there is a Street light right there also...

(on bing map)

Isn't it hard not to go look yourself? I would have to really restrain lol.

They have specifically come around and asked us to please stay out of the woods. They dont want peeps around trampling on any potential evidence and besides, I wouldnt know exactly what they are looking for if anything specific. They did ask me about any paths leading here and there and showed them some that I am aware of. There are some directly behind my house on foot now as we 'speak'.

And yet it didn't delay the reporting at all ? And, if anyone had woken up, and the cell phones were gone, they could also have rushed next door, roused a neighbor,and used their phone ?? All in all, taking the cells is weird.Because the pings could possibly give an intruder away.

So, why were the phones actually missing ? It makes no sense at all... MOO

I kind of feel like I'm grasping at straws, but I don't think it's impossible that the abductor pocketed the cell phones in case the mom woke up while he/she was in the house so that mom wouldn't have a way to call for help. Of course, for this to be true, the person would almost certainly have had to known that they had no landline phone.

However, this plus the lights been turned/left on lead me to believe that the perp could have had a plan for how to handle the mom/other kids if they woke up and it may not have been pretty.

All just speculation of course. I watched the interview with the mom this morning and I would be completely shocked if she was involved. She was clearly devastated. I cried along with her.

Trying to catch up this morning but the thread is moving so quickly. I saw the Dad mentioned the lights being on when he got home. Did he explain at all what he meant? For example, there's a difference to me between finding one lamp on or the ceiling lights & other lights. Like another poster, I'm wondering if the Mom may have left a light on because her husband was gone that night. Was it asked if Mom left a light on?

All JMHO & TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member