MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off course I am also old and busted, so I still maintain a landline. :)

lol.... We were thinking about getting rid of our landline now that everyone has a cell phone including the kids however my youngest (11) doesnt keep it charged and he sometimes can't find it etc etc... I just feel safer knowing that if there is a problem, theres a phone right there! IMO

I think a female took Baby Lisa. I don't have a link for this but I heard that babies will respond in a less threatening way to a female who is not their mother as opposed to an unknown male. A female would know how to how to pick up a sleeping baby and carry them around. It would not look suspicious for anyone to see a woman holding a baby enen in the early hours. Leaving the lights on, if the parents did not do this themselves could be the perp wanted to make sure not to bump into anything or make noise that could wake up the baby. JMO

9 names???? 9 people he knows of who might have had motive to take his child? 9 people who might have wanted to hurt him or his family so much????
That seems a little over the top to me.

Lights left on. IMO that goes beyond brazen. That is in your face, rasberry tongue, see how helpless you are.

Cell phones taken. Yes they can get the pings with just the number. Unless phones were turned off and/or battery removed (I've heard it both ways.) Delays notification of the baby missing, but not by much. More it is a cutoff of communication. Isolation.

I agree with you except for the BBM portion

As several of us were debating this yesterday I will recap. LE will ask if there is anyone you had a dispute with, even on that seemed minor at the time. They will further prod for names of exes with which there was a bad breakup, ex coworkers who may have threatened you, a person in your sphere that seemed resentful or paid too much attention to the baby, etc. I could come up with some names in my own life. All of whom would be prefaced by "surely this person would never do such a thing, but . . . "

I am betting that is where the 9 names came from - a conversation such as that.
What is BBM?

Hiya CKSWarriorQueen. For the acronyms commonly used here at WS please see the link located at the bottom of my post (my signature line) hope that it is helpful.

I am very concerned the dad listed 9 people that could possibly do this. That seems extreme to me. Also concerned that LE has nothing so far. I haven't seen an update since this morning though.

Snipped by me.

The headline given upthread made it sound like dad had listed 9 suspects. Earlier news articles made it sound like he had simply given 9 names of people. It sounded to me as if he'd been questioned if anyone had shown interest in the family, if he'd fought with anyone, if anyone had been behaving oddly, etc. and the police were planning to check those 9 people out - but they weren't suspects. It was just generally run of the mill investigation. Now, I'm not sure if that's changed, or if it's just the reporting/wording making it sound as if there were 9 suspects. Given the high number, I'm leaning towards poor choice of words by the reporter.

Were the bedroom doors open or shut?

Was there a monitor in Lisa's room?

Why were the lights left on? If this was a planned abduction, the abductor couldn't have thought to take a flashlight?

In a home with a baby, two young boys that might turn lights on if they woke up in the night, and a father who works odd shifts, I'd guess the lights may come on off and on throughout the night at times.

If you had someone taking baby Lisa who thought about that, or if it was that man that had already been seen outside (or did that get totally debunked and I missed it?) by people, maybe they thought that would arouse less suspicion than flashlight light being used in the house?

If the family was truly a specific target (and someone had baby Lisa in mind particularly) and so knew the house, knew Lisa's room, knew patterns...?

I don't know...

LindsayShively Lindsay Shively
@TonyMayo95 PD only insists the parents aren't suspects & have always been cooperative...
6 minutes ago

TonyMayo95 Anthony Mayes
@LindsayShively Have police or media ever been able to confirm the father's timeline, i.e when he got off work, etc?
12 minutes ago

@todjones so far they say no...
6 minutes ago

todjones Todd Jones
@LindsayShively do we know if there was a tip that led them to any of these spots?
10 minutes ago

@westernmisery police aren't commenting on the cell phones being missing. We'll keep checking.
34 minutes ago

westernmisery Tara
@LindsayShively @BonyenKCTV5 @KrisKetz Any word on if theyve been able to ping those 3 cell phones that were said to be missing??
2 hours ago

I think a female took Baby Lisa. I don't have a link for this but I heard that babies will respond in a less threatening way to a female who is not their mother as opposed to an unknown male. A female would know how to how to pick up a sleeping baby and carry them around. It would not look suspicious for anyone to see a woman holding a baby enen in the early hours. Leaving the lights on, if the parents did not do this themselves could be the perp wanted to make sure not to bump into anything or make noise that could wake up the baby. JMO

Good point!!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MO MO - AMBER ALERT: Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #1
here is the post that said there was a yardsale

(it was in a video and I am not sure which one.. it is one that says update I believe)

http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/10/5/62cac519-e985-4203-bd9d-79c367fc459f_400.jpg
this is picture from live blog of car and van that were searched (someone asked if there was another car other than dad's van)

I went on craigslist and came up with some for that area however not sure if its helpful.

8/23- Lees Summit
9/9 24hwy-sterling go north
9/12 5016 n washington gladstone MO
9/14 trimble Mo
9/22-/24-Lees Summit
9/23 Blue Springs
10/4 Bella Vista Annex Independence
10/3-10/5 820 s grand ave Independence

It also had a Northland Macaroni Kid program running 9/29 till 10/10. Listed a bunch of locations, not sure if a local can help with this

My concern is..if someone kidnapped Lisa to pass off as her own-I would think someone would think its hinkey and call LE by now-its been 2 days-most kidnappers who take children and try to pass them off as their own..can't wait to show the child off to family and friends!Someone would have seen the coverage of Lisa and put 2&2 together,esp..if she is sick!! IKD-just thinking out loud!

I don't know. Every old flame, every enemy ever collected, any strange acquaintance or estranged relative... That could easily add up to nine for a man who has had a string of girlfriends and at least one other child out of wedlock.

I got a ton of grief for it, but I mentioned the slowness to wed despite declared intentions and a live-in relationship that has already produced offspring.

I wondered what the impediment could be. One is kind of ordinary - altar shyness. If that's been a feature of other relationships, it could be in this one too, despite declarations and appearances. That could mean side relationships, among other things, but if he's very happy and committed someone from his past might have become desperate or very angry.

Or, a side- girl or dumped girl might begrudge his new happiness and want to smash it, or in some crazy way want to remove any obstacle to his return to her.

A woman with false hopes of eliminating the competition, someone angry she or her own offspring got short shrift, or in some delusive way wants to relieve him of his trap so that she can be with her, his true soul mate... or punish him for leading a double life...

I just read about this case and something very strange hit me and not sure what it is.

The strangeness of the lights being on and the dad an electrician coming home finding the door unlocked and those lights on and people in the house asleep gave me a dream/nightmare feeling.

I think the dad was the target of this crime.

Goodness I just dejavued to Satsuma FL. & the first day of Haleigh Cummings case.

If I had a baby and could think of 9 people who might take her, I think I would move...JMO.

I agree with you except for the BBM portion

As several of us were debating this yesterday I will recap. LE will ask if there is anyone you had a dispute with, even on that seemed minor at the time. They will further prod for names of exes with which there was a bad breakup, ex coworkers who may have threatened you, a person in your sphere that seemed resentful or paid too much attention to the baby, etc. I could come up with some names in my own life. All of whom would be prefaced by "surely this person would never do such a thing, but . . . "

I am betting that is where the 9 names came from - a conversation such as that.

Hiya CKSWarriorQueen. For the acronyms commonly used here at WS please see the link located at the bottom of my post (my signature line) hope that it is helpful.

Could you come up with 9 names? I can come up with about 3. But nine names just seems a bit much.

So if the bedroom window on the far right of the home is the computer room and there are 3 bedrooms upstairs, does that mean the master is in the basement? Do we have clarification on whether both or just one of the boys was sleeping with mom? I've seen it both ways.

If mom & both boys were sleeping in the basement, that would surely explain how someone came in the home and no reason to not turn on the lights. Maybe they came in saw there was no one upstairs.

If the manholes service storm drains then someone could throw an item in a storm drain and it would collect in a sump which is under each manhole cover that collects heavier then water things.

The only problem with that is that we haven't had ANY rain in weeks! Most everything would still be where it dropped. Our storm and sewer are separate here. That is why when you see shots here, all of the yards look brownish! It's not a neighborhood that has irrigation systems installed for the most part (can't think of any at the moment) and most have just given in to the fall die-back happening. We had a really hot, dry summer on top of that.

Could you come up with 9 names? I can come up with about 3. But nine names just seems a bit much.

I hope and pray I'm wrong, but dads actions are ringing my hinky bell something fierce.

I'm Robyn, new to this site, and I love it! This is the most interesting site I've ever been on!

I'm very illiterate about cell phones, other than how to text and make a call. If these cells were taken to another town, say St. Louis, then there would have to be somebody in St Louis to check for a ping from that phone. Right?

I was just thinking that if the phones were taken, and then taken to an area several hours away, there wouldn't be a ping. What about SIM cards? If those are removed and replaced with new cards, the phone couldn't be traced. Right? Or could it, because there are serial numbers on them.

I'm sure somebody has already tried actually calling the numbers to see if they hear a ring. That's probably the first thing they did.

The 9 names.

I would think it wouldn't take LE long to check them out, right? I wonder if they're in the same area, city, state, country?

I'm sure if the names were released here, posters would be on their trail immediately!! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MHPortland