MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We keep circling back to dad's first night on the job, thinking that's what they were planning around. But what if we are looking at it backwards. Maybe it was an intended robbery, maybe they were planning to steal something of value from dad's work van and when it wasn't there they went into the house? Cell phones = quick money, baby = slower but more money, maybe?

BBM

..i must have missed this----his 1st night on the job ever? or was he back for his 1st night after a vacation period? thanks..

Please will somebody tell me what BBM stands for?? I have been through the acronym thread and can't find it. My OCD is kicking in and its driving me crazy. :crazy:

Bolded By Me (to emphasize something)

What does OCD stand for? :wink: Just kiddin'!

That's true, so taking the phones wouldn't really help them in that regard..... hadn't thought about the records, duh!!!

That is not to say the suspects thought about the phone records though, so not a bad theory...

Wow! Interesting developments today!!

How does the father KNOW this?? It seems to be more of an assumption. The perp could have just seen the phones on the way out the front door and snatched them to sell for cash. How would the perp know there was no landline? :waitasec:

MOO this is a reporter's summarized version of statements made by dad at the presser yesterday. These are not dad's exact words, therefore the implication is the reporter's not dad's.

ETA for clarity's sake, here is mom and Dad's statement regarding the cel phones (at some points they spoke at the same time as they relayed events of the night). there is video also I believe at the linked sight.

"We ran around the house screaming for her, and I said, 'Call 911,'" Bradley said. "And the phones weren't on the counter where we left them."

http://www.pitch.com/plog/archives/...-return-say-their-cell-phones-were-also-taken

and another link to the exact statement from parents

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29404237/d...kc1_break&tmi=kc1_break_1_06570110062011&ts=H

Just want to debunk this thought that dad believes phones were taken to prevent 911 call before it becomes considered fact. This is poorly constructed sentence by a reporter - not what dad said.

BBM = bolded by me

She just got a new cell phone and was transferring the numbers, which would indicate she did not buy it from a cell provider since they do that. Mayhaps she bought it on craigslist?????

ClaireNC

for helpful list of commonly used acronyms and lingo used at Websleuths please click on the link at the bottom of my posts :)

Such a precious baby....

ht_baby_lisa_dm_111006_wg.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-parents-cell-phones-abduction/story?id=14679914

Why would finding the phones be of such importance, especially if they turn up in a storm drain, wet, etc.? I am not getting that. I guess they could be hoping for prints, etc...but probably not down a sewer. What can the phones tell them that the records can't, otherwise? Just trying to figure out why LE would be so focused on finding the phones, if they are...

I think it might be telling if someone tried to dispose of the phones by flushing them down a toilet. It might go to the age and sophistication of a possible intruder. MOO Other than that I agree with you, and I can't see what the phones in and of themselves would reveal...MOO

I read (not sure where now) that the three phones were on the counter, one did not work, and apparently one was new, as Debi was going to be putting the numbers and contacts into it from the other phone that was working. So, I dont know if the dad possibly just forgot to take it with him, as it was not in its normal place, or if he left it on purpose so she could work on getting it set up... or what.

Here is a link to our county assessor website for their house. Clay county has a decent website... this house is listed as 4bd, 2 1/2 ba. IF on of these bedrooms is in the basement, that means the bedroom is "conforming" meaning a sufficient egress to consider it a bedroom. Therefore, I suspect all four bedrooms are upstairs. There is a link at the bottom that will show you a front and back picture of the house, as well as a link to show a sort-of floorplan, and where the house is located in relation to the neighbors etc.. very helpful link! http://gisweb.claycogov.com/realEstate/realEstateDetail.jsp?parcelid=18115001400500

Fox news just announced breaking news "as we speak" on this case.....then went to commercial break, of course!

jmo

Wow! Interesting developments today!!

How does the father KNOW this?? It seems to be more of an assumption. The perp could have just noticed the phones on the way out the front door and snatched them to sell for cash. How would the perp know there was no landline? :waitasec:

I took it to mean that they couldn't call 911 because the phones were gone. Not that the perp took them so they couldn't call 911.

If they know of the cell phones being stolen, why haven't they released what kind they were in case someone found one along the road?

I don't want to read too much into it, but how does one re-program a phone? I thought the phone company had to do that? I wonder if anyone has tried calling any of the phone numbers? Would be interesting to know if it goes straight to voicemail (phone off) or if it rings awhile. Would they leave the accounts open so they know if someone attempts a call?

I seem to remember Capt. Steve Young saying during one of the press conferences that the family had recently held a garage sale. Maybe someone else can confirm for certain.

Now THAT is interesting. We recently had a garage sale and I purposely had my in-laws babysit my 9-month-old son away from our home that day. Garage sales are a great way to make money, but also invite total strangers to your property. You have no idea who these folks are - criminal or not. As always, we had the weirdos who asked to use our bathroom, look inside our home for specific items, or wander around the yard. Of course we don't allow anyone in our home, but not everyone is so cautious.

Perhaps someone at the yard sale saw Lisa and became fixated on her. If they talked their way into the house or wandered around the property, they could have easily seen her room and figured out entry into the house.

So pleased at all the photos available of Baby Lisa. She is obviously a very happy and loved baby. Wish this were the case in all cases we follow here at WS. The plethora of pictures gives the public such an easy way to recognize her and identify with these parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member