MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you with no landline in your home.....do you leave your cell in another room at night or do you take it into the bedroom with you?

DH has his on his side of the bed within arms reach, and I have mine on my side of the bed within arms reach. Always...

For those of you with no landline in your home.....do you leave your cell in another room at night or do you take it into the bedroom with you?

Sometimes I leave mine in the living room on the charger, sometimes the kitchen counter and sometimes it makes it to the nightstand. I'm usually too exhausted by the time I hit the pillow to think about it. But I might now!

Oh and I could also sleep through a freight train hitting my house! No way would I wake up if someone was in my house unless they stopped and shook me or something. That scares me sometimes. Hence, one of the reasons I have big, mean dogs!

I read (not sure where now) that the three phones were on the counter, one did not work, and apparently one was new, as Debi was going to be putting the numbers and contacts into it from the other phone that was working. So, I dont know if the dad possibly just forgot to take it with him, as it was not in its normal place, or if he left it on purpose so she could work on getting it set up... or what.

Here is a link to our county assessor website for their house. Clay county has a decent website... this house is listed as 4bd, 2 1/2 ba. IF on of these bedrooms is in the basement, that means the bedroom is "conforming" meaning a sufficient egress to consider it a bedroom. Therefore, I suspect all four bedrooms are upstairs. There is a link at the bottom that will show you a front and back picture of the house, as well as a link to show a sort-of floorplan, and where the house is located in relation to the neighbors etc.. very helpful link! http://gisweb.claycogov.com/realEstate/realEstateDetail.jsp?parcelid=18115001400500

I dont think so. I am 99% (note not 100%) sure the 4th bedroom is downstairs and rec area and probably 1 1/2 bath. Way too small to have 4 on top. Egress would comply with the downstairs door leading out to the back yard. Like I have mentioned before this is a 'cookie cutter' subdivision. There are only about 5 or so floorplans in the whole thing and those are even very similar. All were built as 3 bedroom. The basements were totally utilitarian in nature when built, but many have been finished by now. I even have the original sales fliers when they were being built and our original 'as-built' plans in 1958!

About the phones. It was said in one of the articles that the mom was putting numbers into the phones, that was why they were on the counter. Otherwise I can't imagine a perp coming in and searching for phones. Many people have their cells on their night stands. The perp must have walked in and passed them and just picked them up. That is what I would picture.

But really. If you are sneaking off with a baby. First of all, wouldn't she start crying if she didn't know the person? Secondly, really all the lights on. That is just crazy if the perp wasn't trying to wake anyone. Also if Lisa did wake up while he/she was carrying her then she would see him/her with the lights on and start screaming. Unless, of course, she knew the person who took her.

Hate to admit it but no. I would be running around frantically looking for it if I wasn't dead first.

I'm hung up on the phones, no pun intended.
Does the father not have a cell phone on him? Why would all three be on the counter? Something stinks.

BBM: I agree ... :waitasec: why would someone take the baby and then go roaming through the house and take 3 cell phones that were on the counter ?

Question : was anything else taken, or missing ? TIA !

:waitasec:

I take it to my room with me, but I am terribly paranoid, a scaredy cat, a worry wort, check the locks about 3 times before I go to bed etc., so yeah.....

I know other people who leave theirs different places around the house without a second thought.

My cell is in my bedroom with me.

But I seem to be in the minority of people I know (also all landlineless).

I've made comments about seeing my phone ring or alert to a text in the middle of the night and it waking me up and people asking how in the world I can see it.

When I say it's charged next to my bed so thus it's easy to see people are always amazed I have it there.

I think some of that comes with many people now also having phones they can charge with their laptops - and not everyone keeping those in their bedrooms (though I do that too!)

Even my parents, who have ill elderly parents themselves, keep their cell phones in another room at night - though with volume on (unlike me) - and figure if someone needs them they'll hopefully hear the phone from there. That's foreign to me!

Maybe, in this case, if the kids are prone to winding up in bed with their folks they didn't keep the phones in the bedroom so they'd not get into them or be woken by them?

The lights being turned on bothers me too. Not only would one risk waking up someone in the house a neighbor could have noticed all the lights on (odd) and saw someone walking out.

Didn't a local (In da Middle maybe?) describe the neighborhood as one that had some extended families living there? I live next door to my grandmother and any time I am up in the middle of the night I glance her way looking for lights or signs of activity (her best friend lives on the other side of me and I keep a watch on her too) if I see anything I am immediately on the phone checking on her and if I don't get an answer I'm knocking on her door within minutes.

Everything about this case is so brazen and 'in your face'. If it isn't personal I'll be shocked. It's a parents worst nightmare to realize that someone can walk in your front door in the dead of night, walk around gathering what they want and then walk right out the same door with your most precious possession in their arms as if they were entitled to it all. I think someone knew that and wanted one or both of these parents to not only one live that nightmare but have it hit them in the face at just how easy it was (if in fact the perp is responisble for turning and leaving the lights on).

I take it to my room with me, but I am terribly paranoid, a scaredy cat, a worry wort, check the looks about 3 times before I go to bed etc., so yeah.....

I know other people who leave theirs different places around the house without a second thought.

i'm not any of those things, just cautious. :)

Our cells are on the kitchen counter charging at night. But we don't have cell reception here. When we did we kept the cells next to our bed. We have a landline, but not in our room.

Sorry. I disagree. I wouldn't implicate someone who goo gooed and gag'ed as possible kidnapper. The list would be 100 pages long if that were the case.

IMO, this was very much a real and thought out list of possible credible suspects.

I think this would depend on what questions the police were asking. I think they may well have asked if the parents noticed anyone taking a particular interest in the baby or asking a lot of questions about the family and this might lead them to come up with a list of 9 that includes the babysitter, that woman at the park, the guy who came to the garage sale and asked a lot of questions about the family, etc.

mine goes on my bedside, but that is because I use the alarm feature on it to wake in the morning.

Husband's stays downstairs in the living room on the charger.

BBM: I agree ... :waitasec: why would someone take the baby and then go roaming through the house and take 3 cell phones that were on the counter ?

Might they have walked right past the counter they were on and so it was just a snatch and grab as they left with Lisa? Maybe it didn't mean roaming?

Lynn-I normally keep mine in my purse and my purse goes into my bed room with me. Now if it needs charged, it is attached to my charger which plugs into my laptop-in the living room. Same with DH phone.

We haven't had a land line in 2 years.

The mom said this morning in one of the interviews that she did that she didn't think so, but she didn't look to see if anything else was missing and didn't care if it was because she just wanted her baby back (paraphrasing of course).

BBM: I agree ... :waitasec: why would someone take the baby and then go roaming through the house and take 3 cell phones that were on the counter ?Question : was anything else taken, or missing ? TIA !

They wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members