MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine all of this manhole activity to look for phones...yet the lack of dogs is very confusing.

I gather the so-called sighting at the Love's did not pan out? I skimmed the 7 or so pages I missed in the few hours I slept, but did not see for sure.

Her barney wasn't taken which to me isn't a good sign. If a person who wanted a child took her, this would be someone who would have taken the child's sleep toy but she didn't. NOT GOOD. Also taking the phones also indicates a planning thought process.

abductor came in the house, turned on lights, found and pocketed 3 cell phones.....oh, and took a baby....hink.
And jimmied with the screen to make it look like that was the point of entry for some odd reason......

Took the phones to delay the reporting so the perp had time to get out of town. MOO

And yet it didn't delay the reporting at all ? And, if anyone had woken up, and the cell phones were gone, they could also have rushed next door, roused a neighbor,and used their phone ?? All in all, taking the cells is weird.Because the pings could possibly give an intruder away.

So, why were the phones actually missing ? It makes no sense at all... MOO

A bit of commentary here:

I live about 3 1/2 hours "straight south" of KCM. The main southerly highway out of KCM runs right through the middle of my town. I am sitting here with Weather Bug on my computer, a weather radio on my desk and the local university's alert system on my computer and telephone. How wonderful it would be if when an Amber Alert is issued, entities such as Weather Bug, NOAA Weather Radio and university alert systems sounded the alarm and announced the AA details. As it was, I heard NOTHING of this case until well past the time when a perp could be driving through the area. I would gladly have the weather "bug" chirrping, the obnoxious NOAA alert going off and the phone ringing simultaneously at any hour of the day or night so I could listen to an AA and keep my eyes open for possible sightings!

My weather alert does alert for an Amber alert, but I think it's only for the counties that I've programmed in.

You're right, too bad it wouldn't alert ALL of them.

I can't imagine all of this manhole activity to look for phones...yet the lack of dogs is very confusing.

I gather the so-called sighting at the Love's did not pan out? I skimmed the 7 or so pages I missed in the few hours I slept, but did not see for sure.

I haven't seen anything further than the tapes were being turned over.

Her barney wasn't taken which to me isn't a good sign. If a person who wanted a child took her, this would be someone who would have taken the child's sleep toy but she didn't. NOT GOOD. Also taking the phones also indicates a planning thought process.

I also read that she slept with a Glo Worm too. Not sure if that was taken or left though.

There is a completely different and quite possible scenario with the lights being on in the home. The father said this morning that when he arrived home the five year old was asleep in mom's room. If the baby was put to bed in her own room, then it is logical to assume that a five year old was also put to bed in their own room. IF he later heard the baby or someone moving around the house, he may have woken up, turned on lights while wandering to find mom and sister, and then just crawled into mom's bed when he found her. The intruder may have never touched the lights and a half asleep five year old may or may not even remember turning them on while he walked to mom's room.

jmo

I heard something about Yard sale was this confirmed anywhere?

I haven't seen anything further than the tapes were being turned over.
---
A police spokesman at Lisa Irwin's home early Thursday morning told NBC Action News' Sloane Heller the St. Joseph tip is one of dozens investigators are looking into, but it hasn't been determined any more viable than others.
---
Possible sighting of Lisa Irwin in St. Joseph not a major break in case, police say (nbcactionnews.com)

Well, perhaps not a major break yet, anyway.

Where are the manhole covers they are removing? Right in the neighbourhood? I just can't see someone removing a manhole cover to throw anything down at any time of the day/night, let alone a baby. Are the slots big enough to fit a cell phone through?

I wonder if they took the phones on the way out the door because they were sitting there on the counter and they are a quick way to make a buck.

I think they broke in there for the baby, it was well thought out, they probably knew the routine, I do wonder/worry though why they wouldn't have taken any of her things with her (blanket, toy, diaper bag, etc.) if they intened to keep her. Especially since they didn't seem to be particulary worried about being caught and seemed to of had plenty of time. I worry it was someone who has a histoy of burglary/robbery and needed to make some serious money so they turned their focus from the typical items to be stolen and turned to selling a child.

Where are the manhole covers they are removing? Right in the neighbourhood? I just can't see someone removing a manhole cover to throw anything down at any time of the day/night, let alone a baby. Are the slots big enough to fit a cell phone through?

I wonder if the phones are pinging (or pinged after they were taken for awhile) around the house/in the neighborhood? So maybe they're trying to find them? Just a thought...

And jimmied with the screen to make it look like that was the point of entry for some odd reason......
I recently came home and stopped dead in my tracks because I noticed that my front screen was bent in the middle as though someone had tried to get in. My neighbor was in her front yard, so I called her over and pointed it out to her. She laughed and said that it had been that way forever...was I just now noticing it? So the screen may well have been that way "forever," and no one had reason to hone in on it until now.

I wonder if the phones are pinging (or pinged after they were taken for awhile) around the house/in the neighborhood? So maybe they're trying to find them? Just a thought...

I was wondering the same. The cell phones taken would likely be their biggest lead at this point.

Could LE check local hospitals for women who have recently had a miscarriage, stillbirth or death of a child? Or even local fertility clinics to see if there were any super-aggressive or desperate patients? I don't know what medical laws allow for, but this would be an area I'd check into. Not trying to diminish ANYONE who has lost a child, but I recall cases in the past where someone has tried to 'replace' a child and kidnapped someone else's.

With people putting pictures of their children on facebook, it would be fairly easy to find a family in your (or any) area that has a baby. And even easier to find their address online.

My weather alert does alert for an Amber alert, but I think it's only for the counties that I've programmed in.

You're right, too bad it wouldn't alert ALL of them.
Yep...it's programmed to alert on local weather, so it would be easy enough to program for local/regional AAs (Same with Weather Bug and the university alert systems). Too bad they don't do this nation-wide.

Not really sure anyone unless super connected to the underground would steal a baby to sell it....

It is very hard to sell a baby, it's not like you can just go on Craig's list and put,

"for sale baby"....

(but then again they sell all sorts of stuff on there...)

Another possible theory:

Did they have a regular babysitter? Hate to bring up babycenter again, but there was a girl on our birthboard (she's still there) who is a nanny for a family, she pretends the baby is her own on babycenter and posts pictures. She has pictures of the baby on FB but never indicates who the baby is and has comments turned off for her pics.

Is it possible that someone has been pretending to have a baby, possibly even watches Lisa from time to time and takes her to visit family, etc and something came up where she needed the baby for more than just a day?

I know it's a reach, but these days it seems like anything is possible.

Another possible theory:

Did they have a regular babysitter? Hate to bring up babycenter again, but there was a girl on our birthboard (she's still there) who is a nanny for a family, she pretends the baby is her own on babycenter and posts pictures. She has pictures of the baby on FB but never indicates who the baby is and has comments turned off for her pics.

Is it possible that someone has been pretending to have a baby, possibly even watches Lisa from time to time and takes her to visit family, etc and something came up where she needed the baby for more than just a day?

I know it's a reach, but these days it seems like anything is possible.

Okay, that's just creepy. I hope the family she is a nanny for knows about this. I'd want to know. I totally think anything is possible in this case - we have seen so many crazy things here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chefk