MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might have been posted about (and flew right past me :floorlaugh:) but did anyone else notice the mom in this morning's intervew say that the cell phones were taken from the counter where she'd been re-programming all the numbers in them?

It caught my attention. I'm wondering if the abductor tries to call any of those numbers if he'll get old numbers (if she hadn't finished updating them) or if he'll get current numbers (if she had finished updating them), or what exactly the changes were she was doing that may (or may not) have an impact.

Brazen.

Who is Brazen?

Not buying the dad's idea of why the cellphones were stolen. To easy just to go to a neighbor.

I think the cellphone theft is symbolic too.

Excellent work on that timeline, Shelby1. Thanks so much for putting it together and keeping us updated. I appreciate it.

Awwww thank you, BeanE.

It helps me, too. That way I can quickly reference things we might have questions about.

When I had to work 8+ hours a day I really loved it when someone would do a timeline so that I could catch up with the days happenings quickly.

I wish we knew if the master bedroom was in the basement as suggested because it would make sense for mom to keep the sick baby with her and not take the boys with her.

I hear ya! I need to put a motor and wheels on this bench!

well, you do have on an fbi shirt (but looks like you need another cup of coffee)

((this is reference to the good doctor's avatar which, if you are unable to see it, you may remedy this by turning on avatars in your user control panel))

Wow! Interesting developments today!!

How does the father KNOW this?? It seems to be more of an assumption. The perp could have just seen the phones on the way out the front door and snatched them to sell for cash. How would the perp know there was no landline? :waitasec:

I haven't actually heard the audio on the videos yet, but is it possible that the father is saying/implying/meaning the perp took the phones *and therefore* we couldn't call 911? Rather than *on purpose so that we could not* call 911?

Just a different interpretation of the word "so"...

Why would finding the phones be of such importance, especially if they turn up in a storm drain, wet, etc.? I am not getting that. I guess they could be hoping for prints, etc...but probably not down a sewer. What can the phones tell them that the records can't, otherwise? Just trying to figure out why LE would be so focused on finding the phones, if they are...

It may not be the physical phones that are as important as the hiding place of said phones. Presumably they would be disposed of "in route", giving them a direction to look in. If disposed of together, other items the family hasn't noticed missing might also be there and usable evidence as well....you never know. With ZERO leads, EVERYTHING (no matter how miniscule) is extremely important...

I haven't actually heard the audio on the videos yet, but is it possible that the father is saying/implying/meaning the perp took the phones *and therefore* we couldn't call 911? Rather than *on purpose so that we could not* call 911?

Just a different interpretation of the word "so"...

I believe those were his exact (or pretty close) words, and this is how I understood it.

but in the interview the father did not say someone took the phones so they couldn't call 911

he said they couldn't call 911 because the phones were gone

((I am usually very cynical but my hinky meter is not going off on what the family said this morning))

Eating Reading Thinking- Wonder why Jeremy didn't first go check on Deborah?

Maybe because the kids were closer upstairs and after checking on them he assumed they would be downstairs with Debbie?

This might have been posted about (and flew right past me :floorlaugh:) but did anyone else notice the mom in this morning's intervew say that the cell phones were taken from the counter where she'd been re-programming all the numbers in them?

It caught my attention. I'm wondering if the abductor tries to call any of those numbers if he'll get old numbers (if she hadn't finished updating them) or if he'll get current numbers (if she had finished updating them), or what exactly the changes were she was doing that may (or may not) have an impact.

One of my daughters is married to a guy she has caught cheating several times. I have witnessed the re-programmings of numbers after fights where they deleted each others numbers.

I am just wondering out loud here, but is it possible that the perp took the cell phones because he/she thought their own information could be on one of them, ie name, phone number, etc.?

I don't think she was taken for ransom,

Many reason... They took the cell phone, how do you call them and ask for ransom if you have their phones....

It is strange that there was no scent found by dogs...not to bash dogs, but they have not been very helpful in several cases lately, lol...

Brazen.

Who is Brazen?

Not buying the dad's idea of why the cellphones were stolen. To easy just to go to a neighbor.

I think the cellphone theft is symbolic too.

It sure does give credibility to "someone else" having been in the house.

I am just wondering out loud here, but is it possible that the perp took the cell phones because he/she thought their own information could be on one of them, ie name, phone number, etc.?

Could be, although phone records could be obtained pretty quickly to see who the family spoke to, texted, etc...

I took this to mean simply that she was entering the numbers OFF of the old phone into the memory on the NEW phone. I always have this done at the service carriers office by computer transfer, but not all phones are compatible to do this kind of transfer and have to be individually re-entered on the new phone.

jmo

Edited to add.....I also wondered if the reason for a new phone and the old one being "not working" as in shut down purposely to get a new number so that "someone" would no longer have their phone number/s.

I have often wondered during my time on Lisa's threads, what exactly would have happened should someone have awoken and seen/interrupted the perp. The brazeness would certainly suggest the perp did not really care if that ocurred. The BBM is the worst case scenerio of the many possibilities and just made me shudder to think of it.

Please will somebody tell me what BBM stands for?? I have been through the acronym thread and can't find it. My OCD is kicking in and its driving me crazy. :crazy:

Could be, although phone records could be obtained pretty quickly to see who the family spoke to, texted, etc...

That's true, so taking the phones wouldn't really help them in that regard..... hadn't thought about the records, duh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay