MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did Lisa's father come home from work early, during his first night on the job?

How do you know he came home early? I haven't seen that said anywhere. Maybe the job was completed for the night. IME, with this type of work, the shifts are variable depending on the amount of work involved and whether or not they reach a good stopping point.

LE has made several defensive statements.

Not sure I feel LE has been defensive but jumping off your train of thought. Let's say they have been - why I wonder? I have been watching this investigation and they seem to have been very organized, have good manpower, etc, be conducting searches, following leads. I haven't heard any big outcry against them. I haven't seen anyone here or in press claiming they thought LE was falling down on the job or not doing what they should be.

Why would LE be defensive about anything?

Respectfully snipped by me:

This puts me into an outright RAGE....:furious:..............:furious:......:furious:

Me, too... don't we have any locals that can put up posters for this lil girl?? Obviously the parents aren't going to be much help, but NO POSTERS???????:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Me, too... don't we have any locals that can put up posters for this lil girl?? Obviously the parents aren't going to be much help, but NO POSTERS???????:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I can't even talk right now I am so outraged ..........:banghead::furious::banghead::furious:

someone smack me with some limp noodles or something...

I really have no words that I am able to cogently contribute/am at a loss for words (imagine thaaat!)/confused/confuzzled/shocked etc etc etc.....

first thing this morning the family had the media and the world audience in their hand and now after all of this news this will change... and how does this help baby Lisa.

oh my...

oh oh my....

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears. Oh, My! Befuddled? Bemused? Bewildered? Gosh, I hope not Bewitched! I was SO convinced this afternoon that the parents had absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance of lovely little Lisa, and I SO want to believe that this is true :praying:

How do you know he came home early? I haven't seen that said anywhere. Maybe the job was completed for the night. IME, with this type of work, the shifts are variable depending on the amount of work involved and whether or not they reach a good stopping point.

BBM: Just seems kind of odd the father came home from work early on his first night on the job.

I am a latecomer to this case, so, I figured it had already been discussed ad nauseum.

ETA: Just realized that I am probably interpreting this statement incorrectly, sorry about that. It likely means "early in the a.m. Tuesday". :blushing:

During a tearful news conference Thursday morning, Irwin and Bradley had described how they frantically searched their home for any sign of their daughter after her father came home from work early Tuesday and she wasn't in her crib.

They said they found an open window, an unlocked front door and house lights blazing, and later discovered that their three cellphones were gone.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/06/lisa-irwin-missing-parent_n_999333.html

But after the evening news conference, police spokesman Darin Snapp sent out a news release saying they believed they had done everything they could "regarding geographic searches" and were shutting down the command post about a mile from the home. Snapp said police "will continue tracking leads as we get them or develop additional information."Police did not return messages seeking additional comment Thursday night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/06/lisa-irwin-missing-parent_n_999333.html

so why no posters of Lisa-something is not right there..is'nt that the first thing done in MP cases??

I don't have children...can anyone with kids think of a valid reason to stop working with police to find yours? Even if they suspect you? I would guess LE is watching any calls they are taking or making, so it is unlikely a threat of any kind got through to the parents, IMO...

I can safely say that if I lived in a certain tiny town in Texas and my child was missing I would politely but firmly tell the locals not to get in the way because I would be coordinating searches and media exposure out the wahzoo and using every avenue available starting with state and federal LE to find my child ASAP. When a child is missing there is no time to waste on incompetence.

HOWEVER

The cops in Lisa's case seem to be very competent and I would be at their service 24/7 if she was my baby. I would endure any amount of personal scruitiny or questioning of my character regardless of inconvenience or embarassment if it brought us one step closer to finding my child and apprehending the who took her.

Not sure I feel LE has been defensive but jumping off your train of thought. Let's say they have been - why I wonder? I have been watching this investigation and they seem to have been very organized, have good manpower, etc, be conducting searches, following leads. I haven't heard any big outcry against them. I haven't seen anyone here or in press claiming they thought LE was falling down on the job or not doing what they should be.

Why would LE be defensive about anything?

Maybe because the parents have been accusing them of not doing enough.. if my baby were missing, I don't know that anything would be enough for me till she was back in my arms...

MOO

But how did they contact you? That is why I don't believe this.

ETA: Not to mention, they apparently already gave the names of at least a dozen people...so LE is already on to anyone they thought they had a problem with, if they were telling the truth.

Yeah they took their only phones!

I am interested in seeing if Lisa's parents stop talking to LE, but continue talking to the media.

Figuring out the light switches is the easy part. If the door opens to the right the switch is on the left and vice-versa. All are about the same distance from the floor.

The phones are strange...........

Finding the correct bedroom would be the problem. The person had to know which room she slept in. moo

:waitasec: Ummmm not all light switches are where they are supposed to be in all houses. Some are on opposite walls...and some are in another room in some houses. My kitchen light is in the dinning room. I did not put them there.:innocent:

Oh, if LE is treating the parents like some on this board have treated them (right down to shorts vs pj's, ex'es, and leaving a light on for a late-arriving spouse) it would be no wonder they said "Enough!"

Oh I mentioned the lights all being on in the front room of the house. I also tried to find out ( with no luck ) if the porch light had been left on. The porch light would be most appropriate for " a late arriving spouse ".MOO And when the late arriving spouse did get home, it's ironic that he stated that "when I saw all the lights on in the house I knew something was very wrong "... So, it was definately NOT a normal practice to leave all the lights on ? Just some thoughts... and MOO

LE sure didn't waste any time calling a presser just to announce the parents were no longer cooperating. Usually LE does this much further into an investigation...if they do that at all. LE usually keeps that info from the public. They could discuss cooperation with the parents behind closed doors. Holy cow LE called the parents out publicly big time!

This really strikes me too. It's got to be part of some strategy. They seemed to go out of the way for a long time to say how helpful the parents were, their stories didn't have holes etc. Then on a dime they turn and hold a presser to call them out for "not cooperating."

The question is whether the target of their strategy is the parents, or someone else?

I also wonder what exactly "not cooperating" means. They did a lot of talking, allowed police to search the house, allowed police to search vehicles. What are police asking for now that they're not willing to do? Is it more that police have asked them not to talk to media, or TO talk to media and they're refusing. Is that they released the cell phone info when they were asked not to?

BBM: Just seems kind of odd the father came home from work early on his first night on the job.

I am a latecomer to this case, so, I figured it had already been discussed ad nauseum.

I think it was meant that he came home in the early hours of Tuesday, not that he left his job early.

Mr. Irwin came home from work in the early morning hours on Tuesday. Not Mr. Irwin came home from work early (as in left his job earlier than expected).

At least that is what I have always heard, read, etc on all the coverage of this case.

Right now though, I am lost, confused and a little off balance so I am unsure exactly what I know to be fact at this point.

If my kid was missing and the police came right out and said they think I did it I would offer to do anything to be ruled out so the real perp could be found. Lie detector, truth serum, the polka, whatever they asked. I would do anything to help them find my child. I can't imagine any other parent who would not. Well, I can imagine. A parent like Casey wouldn't and didn't help LE.
Sorry, I am passing judgement. I am not on a jury and I am allowed to come to my own logical conclusion based on the information I have.
Now if they came out tomorrow and said they got upset and over reacted and will continue to help LE in anyway they can then I will change my mind again.

I took that to mean that he came home from work early in the morning on Tuesday, not that he came home early from work on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay