MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you're right. She says that's what LE told her, but that they presented nothing to back it up.
The video interview that I saw...she was asked (was it Matt Lauer?) which question she failed...she stammered and said she doesn't remember which one...

(this has also been posted upthread or previous one...the "transcript", maybe via News tweets)

I understand what she might be "going thru" whether she's innocent or not...whether it was a kidnapping, a sale, a hoax, an accident at home or worse...

But it kinda bugs me that she doesn't remember which question she failed (her saying that about "the question" implies that she *was* given "evidence" of failing)...if someone is so adamant about being innocent, and so upset about being told they failed the LDT, wouldn't one remember which question?

I am seeing inconsistencies..."no evidence of failing" vs. "can't remember which question"...

Likewise with the dad's account of checking bedrooms for various kids and him not being alarmed until he found that Lisa was not in her crib/room...inconsistency with when he became alarmed vs. which kid was sleeping where and when he checked Mom's room (could just be media errors?).

She also said that she "couldn't fill in the gaps"...I would like to know more detail on that (both from LE and from her).

The good thing is that LE knows what each of them told *them* and I'm sure LE is looking at what each are telling various media...

Some thought Dad was "stoic" in that interview but I found it curious that he wasn't asked more questions...I didn't interpret his demeanor as stoic, tho...

All MOO & JMO & I may have missed something or misinterpreted something(s)...

SIGH.

I'm not implicating the mother, but I'm really curious to know what "gaps" she was not able to fill in?? If she was the primary caregiver of the baby, and was there the entire night, what gaps could there be??

I'm not implicating the mother, but I'm really curious to know what "gaps" she was not able to fill in?? If she was the primary caregiver of the baby, and was there the entire night, what gaps could there be??

When she was sleeping, would be a huge gap.

It was not known whether they were going back to their home, or if they were staying with relatives
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:52 AM
KMBC attempted to speak with Lisa's parents at the hotel where the Good Morning America interviewed was conducted, but they declined our request and drove away
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 8:52 AM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a6GceNcK

BBM

Why? Why won't you do an interview with your local affiliates? I don't understand??

Is this part of that "media deal" they have? Which would make no sense...weren't they on the Today Show, one of the Fox morning shows & GMA this morning? How can you have a "media deal" with three separate broadcasters, but decline your local affiliates?

Yeah, but you would think there would be a bathroom on the main floor. Maybe I missed something. Is this a two story home? Or are we talking about a basement? I just looked again and there doesn't look like there would be a 2nd story to this house.

I hope in da middle will weigh in with knowledge here as someone familar with the homes in the neighborhood.

Hint hint :innocent:

wm

I am trying to find the video. I know it's not a humorous subject but I just keep thinking that WHO would want to take both a 10 month old baby AND a dog that they'd have to take care of.

Dave, was there any mention of how close this neighbor's house is to Lisa's?

As a mom, I have a few questions/concerns. May be nothing but still.
1. if a 10mo old is sick/coughy/croupy, i'd be checking on her frequently. OR she would be in the room with me.
2. at that age, again being sick and a stay at home mom, aren't most babies put in more comfy 'jammies' for sleeping, expecially when sick. Not short and matching shirt?
3. With phones these days (and not saying that had updated ones) but names/addresses switch over when you get a new phone. You don't manually enter them any longer. So if one was broken, Dad left for his 1st night at a job, without a phone, and a sick baby at home.
4. why wouldn't he assume the baby was in with mom if the son was and it didin't alert him that son wasn't it bed, or was it 'overlooked'?
5. door unlocked AND window open. Isn't it getting quite cool up there (sorry, i'm in FL) that at night you'd feel the 'coolness' of a window being open?

JMO.

Curiousity might have killed the cat, but i want proof.

1. yes, but that is just me.

2. Leave the 'jammies' alone! My youngest was sensitive to the flame retardants put in children's sleepwear. Started sleeping in t-shirt and either cotton shorts or sweats and the problem was solved.

3. This could be a one-time fluke to their routine. For all we know he might have usually had a phone and maybe he forgot and went out the door without it this time (new routines will screw you up sometimes). Dunno.

4 Dont have an answer to this.

5 It has been beautiful out for the last week or two. This neighborhood is one where I am sure most people lock their doors at night, but if you forget you are not going to panic. Most everybody I have talked to around here has said that they had left at least on window at least partially open that night. This is why none of us believe the 'scream in the woods' story. We would have been the ones that would have heard it and none of us did.The worst crime around here is maybe someone had something taken out of their car and that is a rarity even. We are talking about a pleasantly boring neighborhood. And my windows are still open and have been since then. Yes, my guard is up a little higher, but I still do not believe this was a random act at all.

What? Why cant it be a coincidence? :waitasec:
Of course, it could be a coincidence, but IMO that's an unlikely scenario. And if that other neighbor (the one who saw a stranger walking around with a baby in the middle of the night) is a credible witness, then the weirdness of the coincidence grows to unbearable proportions.

Or, sadly... they don't.

ooooops.....my bad.....

speaking strictly for myself.....I haven't been privvy to any interviews with detectives or seen any evidence removed from the home. I havent seen the forensic reports or any evidence taken off the computers (if there are any computers )....I don't know what the poly showed that mom took.....haven't seen a pediatrition report on baby Lisa.....don't know what the 2 boys told detectives....haven't seen any background reports on mom and dad.....

I suppose others have seen all of this. Again, sorry for the word "we"....should have said LE knows a lot more than "I" do. :seeya:

He's just in shock. He's exhausted, and he's in shock. I certainly know men who act like that with even a little bit of stress - don't you?

I'm glad you posted that; my family is from this area going back to my GG grandparents. If the men in my family were together and they were talking some people might get upset. It can take them 10 minutes and you might get 10 words out of them.

It doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty, it's just his manner.

I coulnd't tell you what I did all day in a non-stressful situation. I have gaps. I can't imagine trying to remember what I did during a specific period of time when under extreme stress.

Q: What were you doing at 8:00pm?

A: Watching tv maybe? Not sure, maybe I was getting the boys ready for bed. Oh wait, I read a magazine too, not sure what time that was.

Is that considered a "gap"?

The video interview that I saw...she was asked (was it Matt Lauer?) which question she failed...she stammered and said she doesn't remember which one...

(this has also been posted upthread or previous one...the "transcript", maybe via News tweets)

I understand what she might be "going thru" whether she's innocent or not...whether it was a kidnapping, a sale, a hoax, an accident at home or worse...

But it kinda bugs me that she doesn't remember which question she failed (her saying that about "the question" implies that she *was* given "evidence" of failing)...if someone is so adamant about being innocent, wouldn't one remember which question?

I am seeing inconsistencies..."no evidence of failing" vs. "can't remember which question"...

Likewise with the dad's account of checking bedrooms for various kids and him not being alarmed until he found that Lisa was not in her crib/room...inconsistency with when he checked each bedroom vs. which kid was sleeping where (could just be media errors?).

The good thing is that LE knows what each of them told *them* and I'm sure LE is looking at what each are telling various media...

All MOO & JMO & I may have missed something or misinterpreted something(s)...

SIGH.

They won't just be asking about baby Lisa and the subject of her missing. They also ask lots of other questions regarding off the wall things, questions to establish base-lines, and questions about general lifestyle. The one that sometimes gets "innocent people" would be drug use...esp when they word it "Have you ever...?". You get a yes or no answer, not an explaination, so if you tried mj when you were 17, and you are an honest person, you answer yes. If you answer no, but you remember trying it, you may fail your poly. People that are taking a poly for a current situation sometimes don't want history biting, but it always does-so brutal honesty is ALWAYS the best policy in this kind of situation. (disclaimer-the above is a contrived scenerio and the author has no idea if these people have ever tried drugs)

I think LE has done multiple searches of the immediate area. Iirc, some of them were shoulder to shoulder searches through the woods.
I agree. I really do not see what more they can do in this immediate area that they have not done. They have talked to everybody that I am aware of here. They have stopped every car entering here and talked to them. They have entered most houses around here and did a quick look-see. They have scoured the woods multiple times by foot, atv, and with dogs. They have lifted the manhole covers and looked.

What else are they to do around here?

I know there isn't a lot of water out that way, but where is the nearest river, lake, pond, etc? How far away?

Per the Today Show video:

1. I'm sorry to say, but IMO, the father's mannerisms are just plain ODD. The way he stares just straight ahead with a blank look, showing no emotion. I just find that bizarre. MOO

2. The mother says she failed the test. And is asked which question she failed...to which she DOESN"T reply they didn't tell her which one, she responds that she "doesn't remember which question she failed". I'm sorry, but in something like this, I think you would remember, especially if you were telling the truth.

A friend called an hour ago to invite me for coffee.

Ooops.

Hopefully there will be some good news when I get back.

I am praying that the parents are not involved in anyway but IF it were that the mom accidentally gave the baby an overdose of cold medication and something happened (JMOO) she would also be weeping for the baby. Again just one thought among many that spin through my head.

Also Pat Brown FBI Profiler said stranger abuctions are extremly rare and they are usually done at a hospital to try to pass the baby off as their own. However. yesterday I read some statistics on one of the other WS Thread posted links that said they are more often aquaintances of the family.

I really don't know what to think of the entire thing.

Thanks to those who posted the Today video. I've watched it twice and am baffled by the dad's failure to provide a straightforward answer about whether or not he'd take a polygraph. He does some fancy tap-dancing around Matt Lauer's specific question, and it saddens me to say that JI's demeanor seems suspicious. jmo

Probably trying to remember what their lawyer said to say to that question. Really I see no point in giving polys to parents when their child is first missing especially with all the emotions going through them. I'm not surprised they said the mother failed especially in her emotional state.

Dave, was there any mention of how close this neighbor's house is to Lisa's?

She did not live on the same street but in the near area.

I am still looking for the video-- it was a piece that they showed on the TV station, so I'm not sure if they put all of those up or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams