Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today show now:

Enough is enough...for the day. Was too tired and exhausted, per the dad. Mom said police was nice...they have no hard feelings and know this is what they have to do. Matt Lauer asked do you think police is trying to pit one of you against other? Mom says "possibly. we don't care. all we care is to find Lisa and don't care what we have to do to get it."
Matt asked about Polygraph.
Mom volunteered.
Mom said PD told her she failed.
She said "thats not possible. I did not do this. I do not knwo where she is at"

Well I look at it as a Mom....I wouldn't do anything that would impede the investigation in any way shape or form. I wouldn't have announced the cell phones were taken and we all know that LE didn't want them to tell the public but they did.

It is my daughter missing forget how angry I am over LE accusing me, or not doing what I think they should do. I'm not a COP! Let them do their job so my baby can come home. I'm willing to bet LE asked these parents not to go on any TV shows because they already messed up and mentioned the phones. For all the parents knew those phones were taken to get the contact information off of them. Yet they will now never know because if that was the case I the abductor heard this, I would say forget the entire deal.

I'm sorry but forget my ego, it is my daughter that is important. Yes I would hire a lawyer and have him at my side while talking to LE but I would dang sure let LE know I'm here for you, what do you need, lets go, I want my baby back.

BBM

Where is the link where LE says they did not want any info about cell phones mentioned publicly by the parents? I don't think LE ever stated any such thing.
It was speculation by posters not fact, and we all don't know that for sure, or even agree with it as a theory for the breakdown between LE and Lisa's parents.

We need to be careful not to state things as fact that have not been proven as such. They have a tendency to be repeated over and over and can damage a person's reputation.

One officer kept saying "I failed" and I said "That is not possible." and they kept saying "you failed."
Jeremy has not taken one. Was not asked to take one.
Said willing to take one if that is what they want.
Matt asked if Jeremey looks at Debbie is there any suspicions?
Jeremy said "Absolutely none. No doubt in my mind that she could have anything at all to do with this"
Asked same question to Lisa.
She says "no. he is a good father. is good to me. he loves her. Everybody loves her. No. There is no way. We don't know. That is why we need everyone to look for her. We cant do this alone. We appreciate all that people have done. We are not angry. We just want our daughter home. That is all we want done.

Way to go father of the year worried about yourself and not your daughter. Bet the Daugther wished she had a break too.

Mother crying. Dad is stoic.
Matt apologized for having to ask the questions and thanked them for being on the show.

No one knows how they would act and react in a situation like this. I know a lot of posters like to use Marc Klaas as an example of what to do and how to act during he investigation of a missing child, and I agree that he acted with dignity and resolve. But not everyone has the same personality make-up as Marc Klaas. And everyone reacts differently, and everyone has the potential to act in irrational, confusing, or outside-of-the-usual way when under extreme mental and physical (due to lack of sleep) stress. Knowing my own personality (impatient, easily annoyed, tend to be a loudmouth when angry or upset; yes, I've made study of my own flaws so I can work on them ;) ), I can easily see myself taking the same route as see parents if in the same situation, and I felt that they were not doing enough, or not listening to my suggestions, etc. My husband would be the calm, rational, Spock-type guy; meanwhile I'd be ranting and raving, saying "screw you, LE, if you aren't going to take my concerns seriously, if you want to keep searching these trees, go ahead, but I'm going my own way and searching myself!"

But then, that's what I expect I'd do now - sitting here in my home wi all my kids present and accounted for and safe. If I had one missing, maybe I'd be a Marc Klaas type and surprise myself. I don't know. I just dont know. All I DO know is that I can definitely understand, and empathize with, how the parents have acted in the last 24 hrs.

That being said.... Please let today be the day baby Lisa is found safe. :sigh:

Good morning, all. Praying Pumpkin Pie is found today.

RobinRoberts Robin Roberts
KC Police claim the parents of missing baby Lisa Irwin are not helping. Had a very candid conversation with the parents on @GMA this morn
29 minutes ago

GMA Good Morning America
"I just want her to come home. Our focus is Lisa ... Whatever I’ve got to do to get her home, we’ll do it." -Deborah Bradley on @GMA
3 minutes ago

The Today Show was a very interesting interview. The mom has failed her ldt but the dad has not taken one.

These have probably already been posted, but just in case:

KrisKetz Kris Ketz
#LisaIrwin aunt Ashley (Father's sister) w/statement saying family is still cooperating w/@kcpolice despite what PD said tonight.
9 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

PeterAlexander Peter Alexander
Irwin family says police told #LisaIrwin's mom she failed lie detector test, but says police offered no evidence.
9 hours ago

Dad just said they were at station and he reached a boiling point and said he cannot do this anymore he needed a break.

I can understand that. IMO LE would not say the parents are no longer cooperating if all they needed was a break. LE can understand that. IMO. I think LE is frustrated that they are'nt getting anywhere. and that the kind of help the parents are giving, is really more work to muddle thru. IMO

Way to go father of the year worried about yourself and not your daughter. Bet the Daugther wished she had a break too.

Lera, please. You have to know that the stress is beyond unbearable...makes one numb, makes one sick to their stomach, the fears the horror of knowing ones child has been abducted...and 48 hours of that and add to it the police questioning and back and forth between home and police and no baby...it takes a tremendous toll...and no sleep? The military know this and this is why they use "no sleep" as tactics to gain information and break down a person...sleep is so vital and if they do not have sleep...they cannot respond as you and I think we would respond from the comfort of our homes.

LDTs: Sometimes perps pass them and sometimes innocents fail them. LDTs are given to help rule out possible suspects instead of ruling them in via a LDT.

The Today Show was a very interesting interview. The mom has failed her ldt but the dad has not taken one.

We do need to be careful what we say. Mom was TOLD she failed her polygraph. But LE can and does lie about this, hoping to break someone into a confession. Most recent example being Breeann Rodriguez's father. We do not know for surer if she failed. Only that she was TOLD she did.

CarrieBean I am so sorry. I hope you turned the channel and went to Good Morning America. No sleep!

It's ok, I'll catch it later. Thanks. Up early to get my Son a b-day gift (limited amount per store) so no sleep here either, lol. He had better appreciate it cause I love my sleep!

Good morning, all. Praying Pumpkin Pie is found today.

RobinRoberts Robin Roberts
KC Police claim the parents of missing baby Lisa Irwin are not helping. Had a very candid conversation with the parents on @GMA this morn
29 minutes ago

GMA Good Morning America
"I just want her to come home. Our focus is Lisa ... Whatever I’ve got to do to get her home, we’ll do it." -Deborah Bradley on @GMA3 minutes ago

BBM ok but that really should include co-operating w/ LE. IMO

not @ u beanE. I know your re-posting, not commenting.

BBM

Where is the link where LE says they did not want any info about cell phones mentioned publicly by the parents? I don't think LE ever stated any such thing.
It was speculation by posters not fact, and we all don't know that for sure, or even agree with it as a theory for the breakdown between LE and Lisa'a parents.

We need to be careful not to state things as fact that have not been proven as such. They have a tendency to be repeated over and over and can damage a person's reputation.

I agree. Nowhere is it said that LE told family to not do media and to not divulge cell phones missing. Fact is, quite the opposite. PD WANTS families to do interviews. This is how they try and catch "mistakes" or "changes to stories." (if one is guilty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member