MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do need to be careful what we say. Mom was TOLD she failed her polygraph. But LE can and does lie about this, hoping to break someone into a confession. Most recent example being Breeann Rodriguez's father. We do not know for surer if she failed. Only that she was TOLD she did.

Just to add to this, I believe that Jessica Lunsford's grandmother of all people failed the LDT too.

Parents disliked the "rough tactics" used on them by police. They claim the police tried to "turn them against each other"...

LDTs: Sometimes perps pass them and sometimes innocents fail them. LDTs are given to help rule out possible suspects instead of ruling them in via a LDT.

She also may have misunderstood. Sometimes people think when LE says a LDT is inconclusive, it means they failed, and it doesn't.

I hope Mom and Dad will go back in and talk with LE this morning. Baby Lisa needs them to, as hard as it may be.

Lera, please. You have to know that the stress is beyond unbearable...makes one numb, makes one sick to their stomach, the fears the horror of knowing ones child has been abducted...and 48 hours of that and add to it the police questioning and back and forth between home and police and no baby...it takes a tremendous toll...and no sleep? The military know this and this is why they use "no sleep" as tactics to gain information and break down a person...sleep is so vital and if they do not have sleep...they cannot respond as you and I think we would respond from the comfort of our homes.

All they had to do was be up front and honest with LE about that and you I'm sure LE would have understood and given them some space. Look I was the first person backing these parents but not now. This case is stinking really bad now. I won't be fooled again. Anything can be explained away but when one has to explain away everything. Houston we have a problem.

<modsnip>

I'm really NOT liking the tone of LE on this one... They should not have held a PC calling out the parents IMO. Think they are frustrated as are the parents and just don't want to look bad.
The parents seemed totally apologetic as if they said anything negative, LE was going to stop looking for their baby. I got a feeling that LE is putting LOTS of pressure on them and now they're afraid if they say the wrong thing, baby Lisa won't get the attention she deserves. Can't explain it properly but they seemed afraid of LE .. almost victimized themselves!! Sigh...

If mom was given any kind of anti anxiety medication, coupled with no sleep...as she stated in yesterdays interview...then yes...a perfect candidate to fail a polygraph test. Absolutely.

Today show now:

Enough is enough...for the day. Was too tired and exhausted, per the dad. Mom said police was nice...they have no hard feelings and know this is what they have to do. Matt Lauer asked do you think police is trying to pit one of you against other? Mom says "possibly. we don't care. all we care is to find Lisa and don't care what we have to do to get it."
Matt asked about Polygraph.
Mom volunteered.
Mom said PD told her she failed.
She said "thats not possible. I did not do this. I do not knwo where she is at"

When Matt asked the father (sorry, can't recall his name) if he would be willing to take a LD test, his answer -- his reluctance to answer -- dancing around the issue -- really bothered me. Now maybe he is just reacting that way because of the mom's experience (being told she failed), but if that were the case, why not just say, "Well, given what we've just experienced, I really don't believe that LD tests are that reliable." What he said, instead, after a lot of silence and what seemed to be (to me) searchng for words or thinking, was, "Well, if that's what needs to be done, then that's what we'll do."

It just hit me as strange.

ETA: Not trying to accuse anyone of anything...just noting that I thought it was odd. But maybe he's been given sedatives, or something.

LDTs: Sometimes perps pass them and sometimes innocents fail them. LDTs are given to help rule out possible suspects instead of ruling them in via a LDT.

I've also heard LE will deliberately tell a parent they failed in order to get them to talk....

She also may have misunderstood. Sometimes people think when LE says a LDT is inconclusive, it means they failed, and it doesn't.

I hope Mom and Dad will go back in and talk with LE this morning. Baby Lisa needs them to, as hard as it may be.

My prayers this morning are twofold:

1. Find Lisa and bring her home
2. Mom and Dad and LE clear up any misunderstanding and get back on track

JiaoJiaoShen JiaoJiao Shen
Capt. Young, KC Police: Detectives are still committed to finding 10-month-old #LisaIrwin. Still asking for tips: 816-474-TIPS. No suspects
3 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

JiaoJiaoShen JiaoJiao Shen
Capt. Steve Young, KCMO Police: Haven't heard from #LisaIrwin's parents, but lines of communication are still open. Police still searching.
6 minutes ago

Parents disliked the "rough tactics" used on them by police. They claim the police tried to "turn them against each other"...

They said on the Today show (read my above transcript) that the police were nice, but that they just had enough and reached boiling point. (Dad) Again, stress, anxiety, fears, no sleep, wife crying constantly. Yes. I can see where enough is enough. They said it was that they just wanted to go home. Yes, I can see that. I wouldnt want to be in a small room on hard chairs...I would want to be in my own place to be near where my child should be. To regroup. To get energy to go out and look myself if I had to.

As far as picking apart what people say, I would probably look totally guilty or completely stupid during an interview. I'm more of a thinker than a talker and sometimes have a hard time phrasing my words how I want/should. Give me some time and I can vocalize thoughts.

I can also see that if they are guilty the heat was too much and they were about to crack and pulled back. Yes I can see that too

Fox News said that they would be interviewing the parents this morning. I'm not sure what time, but it would be on Fox & Friends.

When Matt asked the father (sorry, can't recall his name) if he would be willing to take a LD test, his answer -- his reluctance to answer -- dancing around the issue -- really bothered me. Now maybe he is just reacting that way because of the mom's experience (being told she failed), but if that were the case, why not just say, "Well, given what we've just experienced, I really don't believe that LD tests are that reliable." What he said, instead, after a lot of silence and what seemed to be (to me) searchng for words or thinking, was, "Well, if that's what needs to be done, then that's what we'll do."

It just hit me as strange.

ETA: Not trying to accuse anyone of anything...just noting that I thought it was odd. But maybe he's been given sedatives, or something.

It is kind of interesting how people can watch the same thing and get different interpretations! LOL...I heard him immediately say "no" when asked if he took a polygraph. Yes..he stuttered when he said that he would take one if asked...and I think the stuttering was his way of trying to say..."or I will offer one , whatever it takes".....etc.

Time will tell but I'm not going to feel bad for them one BIT anymore!

All they had to do was be up front and honest with LE about that and you I'm sure LE would have understood and given them some space. Look I was the first person backing these parents but not now. This case is stinking really bad now. I won't be fooled again. Anything can be explained away but when one has to explain away everything. Houston we have a problem.

I just won't post anymore.

Stop it! I enjoy your posts. Every person has an opinion. Like I said I envy the one's who can see the good, or hope for the good,but like you, i believe when there is just to much to get over to see this as a "kidnapping" then i think you have to look at the very begininng. And that is in the house that this baby was supposed to be sleeping in. And those in charge of her safety and well being. IMO

Ugh! I'm so frustrated and sad for this precious baby. I want it all to STOP. LE and the parents need to get over themselves and do what needs to be done to find her. Every second counts in a missing child case. There is no time for bickering and pointing fingers.

Find her! :banghead:

I also heard on the same Fox News Radio station that the search for Baby Lisa has been called off. Has anyone else heard this? Did they mean completely or did they mean just the foot search of the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member