MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case and Aliayah's, both have sick children missing and in both cases the sick children were sleeping alone while mom slept with other children...just something I noticed.

Jaycee Dugard's stepdad was ostracized by the family until she was found. Sure enough, he was telling the truth.
Laci Peterson's family stood by Scott Peterson in the beginning. Dr. Jeffery MacDonald's inlaws stood by him for a long time. Both families eventually ended up thinking their son-in-laws were guilty. Time told them they were right.

It goes both ways. I am torn over this case, and I have no idea what to think happened. But I cannot say 'oh, I have think they're innocent because *insert name* was innocent'. Likewise, I cannot say 'oh, they're guilty because *insert bad parent* was guilty'. I don't have the facts, and in most cases like these, I begin by looking at LE...and modify my perceptions once I have a better idea how competent/trustworthy LE in that particular area is.

I have heard nothing bad about LE in the Kansas City area. Still...those obviously lovingly taken photos of Lisa tear at me. I don't know what to think right now,and, honestly, if families started turning against the other, I wouldn't know what to think...could be fear turning into the wrong reaction against an innocent person, could be a genuine and right belief that something is wrong. I am just so torn. This is breaking my heart.

We actually have the tub. My daughter used it until she was two. It has an "infant" side and a "toddler" side. The reason we continued to do so was because I was too scared to put her in the big tub. I like to wrap my babies up in cotton wool :) I would like to point out, also, that my daughter was in the 99% for weight and height well into her mid-two's. So it's possible they might still use that tub for little Lisa. She is only 10 months old...dr's don't usually recommend putting babies into the big tub until they've been sitting up for a good while!

Thanks, I guess everyone is different. We have the same tub too but for the newborn. My kids wouldnt have sat still in that thing after they were able to sit up well but then again my 5 yr old only weighs about 30 lbs now. she definitely wouldnt fit! lol

I don't know a lot about this case like you guys do who have been following it, but unless LE has had some prior issues in the news (like the LE dept in the Hailey Dunn case), I can't imagine why they would be looking at the mom's direction unless there was something concerning them - whether the problem is right or wrong. There must be something she did or said that is deeply troubling them.

Have there been inconsistencies in what she's said in the news?

Wow, this was an interesting video, for studying body language. JMHO

When Lisa breaks down and starts to cry, she pushes her head into Jeremy's chest and he doesn't put his arms around her to comfort her at all. His mom and dad are in back, the mom pats Lisa's shoulder, barely.

Either those are the coldest people in the world, or they don't believe her.

Oh you got that right. Talk about body language of the rest of the family members..

also in the crib pic i dont think its the matress up super high i think thats the crib bumper

sorry for typos am on ipad :)

I don't know a lot about this case like you guys do who have been following it, but unless LE has had some prior issues in the news (like the LE dept in the Hailey Dunn case), I can't imagine why they would be looking at the mom's direction unless there was something concerning them - whether the problem is right or wrong. There must be something she did or said that is deeply troubling them.

Yes, one she said she went to bed at 10:30 but LE stated that a call from the house was made at 2:30 am That is one big one right there.

She failed a polygraph...miserably. :cry:

Apparently because mom failed a LDT, but could her failing be from her being so stressed out?? and remember her baby is only 10 months old, could it be a hormone imbalance from her pregnancy??

In case we missed this little factoid the first time around (I did):
---
An FBI spokeswoman told local media that today is the second landfill search, with the first being the day Lisa Irwin, 10 months, was reported missing.
---
Hunt for missing baby moves into Shawnee (Shawnee Record)

I hadn't known LE did a very-first-day search at the landfill; good for them.

Yes, one she said she went to bed at 10:30 but LE stated that a call from the house was made at 2:30 am That is one big one right there.

LE themselves have not confirmed or denied a phone call out at 2:30 AM

But, as far as I know, this is unconfirmed.

Laci Peterson's family stood by Scott Peterson in the beginning. Dr. Jeffery MacDonald's inlaws stood by him for a long time. Both families eventually ended up thinking their son-in-laws were guilty. Time told them they were right.

It goes both ways. I am torn over this case, and I have no idea what to think happened. But I cannot say 'oh, I have think they're innocent because *insert name* was innocent'. Likewise, I cannot say 'oh, they're guilty because *insert bad parent* was guilty'. I don't have the facts, and in most cases like these, I begin by looking at LE...and modify my perceptions once I have a better idea how competent/trustworthy LE in that particular area is.

I have heard nothing bad about LE in the Kansas City area. Still...those obviously lovingly taken photos of Lisa tear at me. I don't know what to think right now,and, honestly, if families started turning against the other, I wouldn't know what to think...could be fear turning into the wrong reaction against an innocent person, could be a genuine and right belief that something is wrong. I am just so torn. This is breaking my heart.

I'm a fence sitter as well - I don't want to think poorly of the family OR of LE. That said, just because there's nothing bad about LE in the news or in rumors, does not mean that there may not be issues. With my job, I've seen LE who have skirted the line, or behaved unethical, without hearing anything prior - or even come from the issue.

That same skepticism can go towards the family. Some families can appear very happy and loving - with no idea what goes on behind closed doors. I'm sitting on the fence with this one. I'd love to believe the best of both parties, but I'll also acknowledge its totally possible LE has botched this or the family is at fault.

If that is a recent picture of the crib, the mattress is too high. Most cribs have 2 settings, this height would be for a newborn who can't pull themselves up. Once a baby can pull themselves up they are too tall to be in the higher position.

There are no pillowtop crib mattresses, crib mattress are hard and flat to help prevent sids and suffocation.

Did LE state that the call came from he house?

Per Debbie LE said there were "gaps" that she couldn't fill in.

Per source close to LE via FOX news Debbie failed the LDT "miserably" .

In case we missed this little factoid the first time around (I did):

Hunt for missing baby moves into Shawnee (Shawnee Record)

I hadn't known LE did a very-first-day search at the landfill; good for them.

I saw in a previous news article they had searched prior to transport at the landfill as well - so today marked the third search of the same materials. I'll see if I can go back through the prior threads to find the news link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89