Identified! MO - McDonald Co., 'Grace Doe' Fem Skeletal 784UFMO, 21-31, Dec'90 - Shawna Beth Garber

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bump for Grace!!!!!

Any news????

If Grace Doe winds up on AMW, I think this case might be solved.

http://www.neoshodailynews.com/features/x1884281597/Cold-case-update-Grace-Doe-case-may-be-on-TV

Someone, somewhere has to be missing this woman. Even if the facial reconstruction isn't 100% accurate, I'm sure it's close enough to enable someone to recognize her.

Let's keep our fingers crossed on this one.

From the article it mentions that no one has ever been able to get ahold of the boy who discovered Grace. It's strange that no one ever recorded his name...

Would there be a way to search census records for kids his age that lived on Oscar Talley road around the time of the discovery?

I imagine every possible step was taken to locate this boy. I'm hoping he and/or his family will come forward if this does make it on AMW.

From the article it mentions that no one has ever been able to get ahold of the boy who discovered Grace. It's strange that no one ever recorded his name...

Would there be a way to search census records for kids his age that lived on Oscar Talley road around the time of the discovery?

Wouldn't you think? Or school records or something.

You'd think there'd be school records, at least. And what 10 year old boy, having discovered a body, wouldn't tell his buddies at school all about it? And yet no one has come forward with any info.

Under what circumstances would parents NOT go check out this kind of story? If the abandoned farmhouse was within walking or biking distance from their house, which I assume it was, it wouldn't have taken them long to look into it.

And what 10 year old boy, seeing a hogtied body, wouldn't run/bike screaming all the way home? It seems like that would have clued the parents into the fact that he really saw something at the abandoned farmhouse.

I'm getting too cynical, because I'm beginning to question the whole "kid saw the body before it was discovered" story. I don't know why the parents would come to the police after Grace Doe was found, but something just doesn't seem right with this whole story.

I just looked up Oscar Talley Road, and boy does it meander through a lot of country. It goes from Highway 71 and State Highway 59, and it's heavily wooded along most of it. Very little in the way of residences. It crosses what looks like a stream or small river at one point.

This is indeed an isolated area, and I can see why LE thinks the killer was local. I wonder who the former owner of the abandoned house was, and if he/she and their relatives were looked at regarding this murder.

Every time I see Grace's thread, I kept thinking to myself, I wonder if her murder is related to that trucker, Robert Ben Rhoades, because he was into bondage and he dumped at least one (Regina Walters) at an abandoned farm. I couldn't remember his first name, though. This is probably not the thread to ask, but the article says that Regina's male companion was never located (I think his nickname was Rick or Ricky) -- I wondered if he was in NamUs/DoeNetwork/Charley Project?

Every time I see Grace's thread, I kept thinking to myself, I wonder if her murder is related to that trucker, Robert Ben Rhoades, because he was into bondage and he dumped at least one (Regina Walters) at an abandoned farm. I couldn't remember his first name, though. This is probably not the thread to ask, but the article says that Regina's male companion was never located (I think his nickname was Rick or Ricky) -- I wondered if he was in NamUs/DoeNetwork/Charley Project?

Yep! A couple of us posted this awhile back because we saw similarities too. I wonder iff LE has looked into this???

Thinking about Grace Doe tonight. Its estimated that she lost her life around this date 22 years ago....hoping someone somewhere has some answers so they can help bring her home and pray for justice!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Okay, I'm really new here and am probably off, but I came across Belinda Martinez and think she looks similar to Grace Doe.

Last seen in Florida in August 1990.

She was 32 years old and 5'4".

What struck me was the shape of the nose.

I tried overlaying the two faces (or whatever the correct term is), and they seemed like a pretty good match, but I'm not really sure what I was doing!

Link to Belinda Martinez:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15093/0/

Link to Grace Doe:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/784ufmo.html

Well, there is a lot of information in there (esp from the detectives) for being associated with paranormal research! That was really interesting. Thanks for posting, Babyslims!

Okay, I'm really new here and am probably off, but I came across Belinda Martinez and think she looks similar to Grace Doe.

Last seen in Florida in August 1990.

She was 32 years old and 5'4".

What struck me was the shape of the nose.

I tried overlaying the two faces (or whatever the correct term is), and they seemed like a pretty good match, but I'm not really sure what I was doing!

Link to Belinda Martinez:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15093/0/

Link to Grace Doe:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/784ufmo.html

not bad in terms of general appearance and timing. the UID was listed as having brown hair and Belinda was stated as having black hair. also the UID had great dental care and Belinda's is silent on dentals. does not mean she did not have a dentist, but they have no dental records for Belinda.

I have not checked this thread in a while but it was my recollection that the person assigned to this UID was very receptive to any suggested matches so if someone wants to submit Belinda, don't be shy about it!

Sorry in advance if this has been posted I looked but didn't see the link. I came across this webpage while looking for something else. I don't know if this info was scraped from other articles, webpages or what so it might be repeated info for some of you all.

http://www.millersparanormalresearch.com/Pages/2009/Pages2009/unsolved_murder_case4.htm

astonishing stuff. they let a psychic handle the evidence (without a glove) and the detectives had a name of a possible victim that they admit they never checked out.

and they wonder why some of these cases are never solved.

astonishing stuff. they let a psychic handle the evidence (without a glove) and the detectives had a name of a possible victim that they admit they never checked out.

and they wonder why some of these cases are never solved.

I was a little shocked to read that too!

I wonder why the reconstruction photo isn't in the NamUs profile?

https://identifyus.org/cases/5321

& still is not there.
You would think the dental one would also be there too.
I don't understand why her case info is so bare there.

What ever came of the DNA story?

It sounded so hopeful that she'd be ID'd. If anyone speaks to the investigator; tell her to make a profile for her at 23andme like Colleen did for Benjaman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back