Identified! MO - McDonald Co., 'Grace Doe' Fem Skeletal 784UFMO, 21-31, Dec'90 - Shawna Beth Garber

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So did it not pan out? Do they need more evidence? Why were they so sure they had found the person who did it and had a name for the Doe only to drop off the face of the earth and never be heard from again?

I tried to send an email to the person listed on the Grace Doe NamUs page but the email got sent back to me. Barbara Lenz is a relative of my aunt.

Grace Doe NamUs do you mean Melissa Gregory? She's on leave of some sort, someone else took her cases over. This is what I got when I emailed her on a case I recently entered -
Hello, I am currently out of the office on extended leave. For assistance please contact J. Todd Matthews at j.matthews@unthsc.edu or Emily Craig at emily.craig@unthsc.edu.
Regional Administrator
Name Melissa Gregory
Email Melissa.Gregory@unthsc.edu
Phone 1-855-626-7600

Grace Doe NamUs do you mean Melissa Gregory? She's on leave of some sort, someone else took her cases over. This is what I got when I emailed her on a case I recently entered -

Regional Administrator
Name Melissa Gregory
Email Melissa.Gregory@unthsc.edu
Phone 1-855-626-7600

Thanks. I emailed someone named Lorie Howard. Can't remember now where I got the name/email though.

I emailed the two people you listed. They wrote back and CCed Melissa. Said she'd respond when she was back in the office after the 4th.

Thanks. I emailed someone named Lorie Howard. Can't remember now where I got the name/email though.

I think Lori Howard is listed as the contact for the McDonald County Sheriff's Department on the Doe Network for Grace Doe. When I e-mailed about Gloria Palmer, her e-mail bounced back, so I would guess that she no longer works for them.

I know this is an old post. Just wondering if DNA had ruled out Barbara Lenz or not?
I don't know if she was ever checked or not, but I can see on Barbara's NamUs page that she has DNA complete and entered. Grace Doe also has DNA complete and entered, so although I don't know if they were compared, I'd guess they aren't a match.

One more thing while thinking about Frankie - She had dark, curly hair. According to this article, so did Grace.

http://www.koamtv.com/story/14310951/a-southwest-missouri-cold-case-heats-up

Right age, weight, height, hair, general geograpghic location.... Frankie preferred to wear jeans, t-shirts and sneakers, just like Grace was found in.
But would Frankie have gone a year and a half without calling her family? Even though she was traveling across the country checking in infrequently, the last time she called her family was on Mother's day. Seems like she would have also called on Christmas or at least the following mother's day.

Here's a link to Namus for more pictures of Frankie.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9595/0/

Some of those are mug shots. Does anyone know what she was arrested for?

I don't know if she was ever checked or not, but I can see on Barbara's NamUs page that she has DNA complete and entered. Grace Doe also has DNA complete and entered, so although I don't know if they were compared, I'd guess they aren't a match.

We should always assume they were not checked and call in a potential match. Just because it shows DNA available, doesn't mean they've been compared in the same system.
So nice to see you here!

Still no word back from Melissa about Barbara Lenz. I'll give it another week or so and then email again.

I work closely with Detective Howard and she no longer works for the Sheriff's office. However, I can assure you that Grace has not been forgotten. Please if you come up with any possible matches send them to me and I will pass the information on to Deputy Howard.

I've read through this thread and the information on the DN page and am puzzled by this:

The parachute cord is believed to have been military issued because it was not commerically available in 1990.

Para cord was widely available in the UK in the 1980s from any serious backpackers' shop and online from mail order companies such as Field & Trek. I worked in a backpacking and ski shop for several years in the mid 80s and we sold both white and military green para cord off the shelf. Anyone serious enough to take a tent into the hills or mountains or going on an expedition carried a pack of the stuff.

Apologies, please ignore "online" in the last paragraph of my post above.

Sigh.

I willl pass the information and names you have submitted on to Detective Howard. We are still actively working this case.

I willl pass the information and names you have submitted on to Detective Howard. We are still actively working this case.

Thank you. Please make sure Barbara Lenz is on the list as well. It's a long shot but you never know.

Deputy Wise,

Has Joann Rozell ever been looked at as being Grace Doe? I was in NamUs looking at MP that were just added to NamUs and when I saw Joann's picture - I automatically thought it could be Grace Doe.

Joann went missing from Oklahoma City OK on 6/10/1989 (Grace was found in Dec 1990)
She was 31 when she went missing (Grace is thought to be between the ages of 21-31)
Height is a little off - but that doesn't concern me
Here is the side by side
Grace doe.jpgthumb_68124.jpeg

I also sent this possible match to Michael Nance at NamUs.

Deputy Wise,

Has Joann Rozell ever been looked at as being Grace Doe? I was in NamUs looking at MP that were just added to NamUs and when I saw Joann's picture - I automatically thought it could be Grace Doe.

Joann went missing from Oklahoma City OK on 6/10/1989 (Grace was found in Dec 1990)
She was 31 when she went missing (Grace is thought to be between the ages of 21-31)
Height is a little off - but that doesn't concern me
Here is the side by side
View attachment 104686View attachment 104687

I also sent this possible match to Michael Nance at NamUs.

Here is Joann Rozell's NamUs profile https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36078/1/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back