Identified! MO - McDonald Co., 'Grace Doe' Fem Skeletal 784UFMO, 21-31, Dec'90 - Shawna Beth Garber

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought that the parents of the 10 year old did not believe him. Wouldn't the article mention that they were the parents of the 10 year old that actually came upon the body?

Does anyone know if there has been isotope testing done on Grace Doe? Since the police believe she's from out of state, isotope testing could help narrow down which parts of the country she might be from.

Hmm, not sure. I didn’t see in the article that the couple was collecting cans. But I find it odd that since the Grohler’s lived near the vacant home they would be there looking for cans. Weird thing to look for in a vacant home.

snipped for focus

Young people looking to party often drink lots of beer.
Young people looking to party often look for abandoned buildings in which to party.
Beer comes in aluminum cans.
Therefore, if you know of an abandoned property where young people often come to party, you might regularly check it for aluminum beer cans that can be recycled for money.

My brother and I used to scavenge along a stretch of highway near our house. We'd get enough cans in a month to make three or four bucks--not a lot, but it was college gas money for me and a pack of ciggies for him. (You can tell from the prices this was a few years back.)

Does anyone know if there has been isotope testing done on Grace Doe? Since the police believe she's from out of state, isotope testing could help narrow down which parts of the country she might be from.

My memory says...no.... but I can't recall all the content of all the articles right now....

I guess yes....IMO this couple had no relation with the boy who saw the body.

I thought that the parents of the 10 year old did not believe him. Wouldn't the article mention that they were the parents of the 10 year old that actually came upon the body?

I guess yes....IMO this couple had no relation with the boy who saw the body.

Hi everybody.

In some info they state that Grace Doe is probable Caucasian/Native American mixed. In Namus they say "white", no further info on this. I'm not sure it's allowed to assert the following link here
https://missingadultskids.com/ident...69668_1694322367453533_3695732322402435755_o/ BTW the pointy nose looks strange. In Namus it's much rounder and I think more realistic.

Does somebody in this thread knows more about this? Sorry, to be a bore....I found a missing woman who could fit, she is described as Native American and fits in the stats and is not yet discussed here/not on the rule out list.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what the question is. Are you concerned that since Namus says something, you aren't allowed to suggest someone who might have different characteristics? That's definitely fine. Often the reason a match hasn't been made is that there's an error somewhere--remains listed as wrong gender, for instance. Race is always fuzzy.

If you found your suggested woman on a site you aren't sure is allowed, then the best thing to do is send a message to one of the moderators asking them if the link is okay. Generally all the missing persons sites are allowed.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what the question is. Are you concerned that since Namus says something, you aren't allowed to suggest someone who might have different characteristics? That's definitely fine. Often the reason a match hasn't been made is that there's an error somewhere--remains listed as wrong gender, for instance. Race is always fuzzy.

If you found your suggested woman on a site you aren't sure is allowed, then the best thing to do is send a message to one of the moderators asking them if the link is okay. Generally all the missing persons sites are allowed.

Hi Carbuff, my question is this. Does anybody know from other sources (besides the link I provided) if this UID is mentioned white/Native American mixed, because the info about this is not consistent, depending on the source. The source I provided mentions probably mixed white/Native American. I put it in to show the discrepancy and at the same time I was not sure It's allowed to refer to this source. If I understand you right I should "look through my eyelashes" considering the race/ethnicity mentioned in trying to find a match, not to focus on that in particular when it's not totally clear. When I see an obvious fault in the Namus files (non fitting dates, found persons but still registered in Namus etc.) I contact them. In this case I think white race is accurate, but there is noting mentioned about a possible Native American mix, which is relevant, because a lot of indigenous missing and murdered women are falling between the cracks.

Okay, I see what you mean. I guess it's the same as I said before: if there's a Native woman who matches in other respects, I wouldn't rule her out just on Native not being mentioned in Grace's Namus profile. The vast majority of North Americans are racially mixed, and aren't always aware of it. So even if the DNA or anthropological exam found evidence of Native admixture, that might not be something the people who reported a person missing would have known about.

And good for you for reporting the problems and inconsistencies :)

Hi everybody.

In some info they state that Grace Doe is probable Caucasian/Native American mixed. In Namus they say "white", no further info on this. I'm not sure it's allowed to assert the following link here
https://missingadultskids.com/ident...69668_1694322367453533_3695732322402435755_o/ BTW the pointy nose looks strange. In Namus it's much rounder and I think more realistic.

Does somebody in this thread knows more about this? Sorry, to be a bore....I found a missing woman who could fit, she is described as Native American and fits in the stats and is not yet discussed here/not on the rule out list.

Here is the LostNMissing flier from your link

GraceDoeLostNMissingFlier.jpg

Yes, she has been ruled out via DNA, check the early forums, I believe there's a list if ruled out people

Yes, she has been ruled out via DNA, check the early forums, I believe there's a list if ruled out people

:welcome6: zeero.

Which woman are you referring to? You can reply and include the quote you are answering to. You will find out.

Has someone checked out stephanie douglas, she looks similar to the reconstruction
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19387/0

Reposting Jane Doe's Namus file for convenience and for checking out the rule out list.

https://identifyus.org/cases/5321

DianeElmore 1958 Oklahoma
Hazel Klug1962 Virginia
Janet Knife1959 Missouri
MeredithMedina 1972 Oklahoma
GloriaPalmer 1944 Missouri
PatriciaSchmidt 1964 Virginia
TiffanySessions 1968 Florida
Susan Swedell 1968Minnesota
Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois

And from Kathee’s post (sharing a mail fromdetective Howard) #34, 04-27-2011.

Rhonda Baucom – excluded. DNA
Ashley Fuller Reed – excluded DNA
Krista De La Rosa – excluded DNA
Janet Dolgae – excluded DNA
Cheryl Ann Kenney – excluded DNA
Star Boomer – excluded - Time frame
Dancer from 4 Aces in Galena KS –excludedTime Frame
Jennifer Lynn Pandos – excluded Dentals
Meredith Medina – excluded Dentals (on rule out list Namus)

Working on the following
Barbara Miller
Tammy Rothganger
Juliana Schubert
Elizabeth Bain
Nancy Brannon
Robin Abrams
Debbie Hall
Cynthia Day
Susan R. Carter
Jennifer Wictor

If you have or want something to add, please do.
I didn't check of one of this women was identified since this post btw

Stephanie is not on it. I know it's an estimate but wouldn't the post mortem interval (two months) be off? Stephanie missing 27 November, Jane Doe found 2 December, not recognizable - partial skeletal parts only.

I think Grace Doe is a missing woman named Kelly Diane Sims. Kelly was last seen on October 16, 1990, before Grace Doe's supposed death. Both women were believed to have been abducted. Both women also had brown hair, Kelly was 5'4 at her disappearance, and Grace Doe was between 5'1 - 5'4. Kelly also weighed 120 lbs, and Grace Doe was approximately 120 lbs.

kelly_diane_sims_1.jpg
Thumbnail

I see a resemblance between Kelly Sims and Grace Doe but it looks to me like they have different shaped noses. - The Artist description can be wrong though. Kelly is not on the rule out list.
Unidentified Person Case

I believe both women have DNA profiles available. Could someone forward this to the Doe Network? Also, the clay reconstruction used a plaster mold of the skull to create it. I think the sketch is a bit innacurate

Last edited:
I think Grace Doe is a missing woman named Kelly Diane Sims. Kelly was last seen on October 16, 1990, before Grace Doe's supposed death. Both women were believed to have been abducted. Both women also had brown hair, Kelly was 5'4 at her disappearance, and Grace Doe was between 5'1 - 5'4. Kelly also weighed 120 lbs, and Grace Doe was approximately 120 lbs.

I think that Kelly may have been a victim of Joseph Kondro. He killed Rima Traxler in 1985 and Kara Rudd in 1996. I think it's widely believed he had other victims. Although Kelly is obviously a way different age range and victim profile than his child victims, I think it's entirely possible he may have killed her. I think his victims were partly a preference but that he was largely opportunistic. If he had any interaction with Kelly (and in West Kelso/Longview that would be likely) he may well have targeted her.

ETA: I believe Kelly's remains are somewhere in the woods outside of Longview or in the Kelso/Castle Rock area. Rima's remains have never been located, even with hints of where to look. It's pretty rough country in some spots there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinnew
Back